PSV Player Ratings 2013/14 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2014, 23:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
PSV Player Ratings 2013/14

Goalkeepers

Zoet (7) Solid first season at PSV. Hardly to blame for the majority of the goals and has come up with some vital saves at times. I also am a fan of his ball distribution.

Tyton (N/A) Too harsh to give him a rating due to the lack of games he played this season. Too good be a no.2 so will surely get sold this summer.

Defenders

RB - Arias (7) One of our best players this season. Struggled to adapt in the early months of the season but has been very reliable especially after the winter break.

RB - Brenet (5.5) Had an okay first season. Physically he has some good qualities and with some added experience I think he can become a good squad player.

RCB - Bruma (6) A good addition to the squad. A real no-nonsense defender who I expect to be even better next season.

RCB - Zanka (1) Terrible. Complains when he dosen’t play, makes schoolboy errors when he does play and gets into arguments at training. Sell him please.

LCB - Rekik (5.5) I really don’t know what to think of him a lot of the time. Very hot and cold for me but that may be down to his lack of experience. Should focus on the basics more rather than trying to do the spectacular stuff. Indifferent as to whether we should extend his loan/try to buy him.

LCB - Hendrix (6) Very impressive first season/ surprise of the season. I didn’t think he would play so much but he has proved capable at playing CB, CDM and LB. Great distributor of the ball, works really hard and will only get better with experience (and size).

LB - Willems (5.5) The curious case of Jetro Willems. Sometimes he is great, sometimes he is NAC level. Holds onto the ball too long (or is too complacent) in attack and despite scoring 4 goals he should be getting more assists (only 3).

LB - Tamata (N/A) Not going to be an A squad member next season. Even Brenet was once second choice LB despite being a RB by trade.

Midfielders

CDM - Schaars (6) Started off the season really well but got worse as the season went on. His experience no doubt helps and he’s capable of a wonder ball every now and then. Solid first team player.

CDM - Hiljemark (5.5) His aggression/enthusiasm has been really great in most games but really needs to improve his attacking qualities in order to be a regular first team player consistently.

CAM - Maher (2) Flop of the season. I could write a book on him this season but I prefer not to.

CAM - Wijnaldum (N/A) Injured for most of the season. Could have contributed a lot with goals/assists if he wasn’t. Next season will be a defining one for him.

CAM - Park (7) Our best midfield player this season. His professionalism, energy and experience really shone through yet again. He may retire this summer though.

Forwards

RW - Ruiz (4) Wasn’t worth the loan deal. Scored 5 goals but that’s not really value for money. Is really static off the ball and hardly does any defending. Looks to have lost his hunger/touch since joining Fulham.

RW – Narsingh (3) Unfortunately a terrible season for him especially with it being a WC year. Missed quite a few games due to major knee surgery he had last season and when he is on the pitch he still physically dosen’t seem like the same player he once was. 0 goals and 1 assist – really does tell the story.

RW - Jozefzoon (5.5) The surprise signing of last summer. Everyone thought he would be crap but he actually was quite decent when he got a chance to play in the Eredivisie and EL. Would like to see him given more game time next season.

ST - Matavz (3) Maybe a bit harsh to give him a ranking due to limited player time but come on – only 2 goals for a PSV striker – you’re joking right? A good player in general but just dosen’t fit into the PSV system and should be sold this summer.

ST - Locadia (6.5) A solid season for him. The first season that something was expected of him and although he didn’t start the campaign as first choice he quickly became just that and scored 13 goals to become this seasons top scorer. Needs another striker to put some pressure on his spot/ that he could learn a bit of – something Matavz didn’t do.

LW - Memphis (6.5) Maybe I’ve got too much expectations of the boy. Tries very hard, there is no doubting that, and has bundles of talent but even though he scored 12 goals and got the most assists (7) he really needs to be more efficient. How many times has he been in around the box and you just thought if he had done blah blah blah we would have scored!

LW - Bakkali (N/A) Unfair to give him a rating. Obviously has talent and I don’t understand why he wasn’t given more game time this season. Maybe should focus on the RW position for next season instead of the LW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2014, 00:51
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, Republic of Ireland
Goalkeepers
I agree with Zoet's rating, has made a couple of errors I can think of, both in EL in our fist game against PFC Ludogorets Razgrad and he was at fault for the goal we conceded in our last group game Chornomore, also played a 10/10 game against AZ at home, and a couple of very good games throughout the season. 7/10

Tyton: I am not really giving him a rating more just my opinion of him. He can be a very good goalkeeper, and was for the few months he played for us when Philip was interim manager, Advocaat didn't like him for whatever reason, and this season when he has played (with Jong PSV too) he looks like he has regressed, he needs to find another club, but it could be risky for whoever would want to buy him.

Defenders:

Arias: Defensively he is about the same level as Manelov in my opinion, slightly better if being totally honest, last 6 months of the season he has been one of our best players.6/10

Brenet: I pretty much agree with you, does need more experience to improve, decent player. 5.5/10

Bruma: Has made mistakes, every defender does, but he has been the best CB I have seen PSV have since I really started supporting them which is 3-4 years ago now. 6/10

Zanka: I could complain about his defensive weaknesses, but instead I will just say he needs to go.

Rekik: Isn't a good CB, his positioning is his biggest weakness, played poor games vs. Groningen (at home) and Vitesse (at home). I also pretty much agree with what you said, I would be happy if we didn't extend his loan but wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed another season either though, as we need more CB assuming Zanka leaves. 5/10

Hendrix: I think he was probably our 3rd best player this season, but that is partially because of not very high expectations. Has made mistakes (vs Twente away, Zwolle away) that have led to goals, but does try very hard which should be a given for footballers but he always seems to try harder than everyone else. 6.5/10

Willems: I actually like Willems a lot more than people here (from the impressions I have got from other people). Wingers get the better of him too often for him to be very good/great. PSV seem to play better when he plays, particularly Depay (IMO) 6/10

Tamata: Not good enough for PSV is all I am going to say.

Midfielders:

Schaars: Was great first half of the season, second half he played the odd good half in matches but played woeful in the other. Hopefully a more consistently good season for him next season with less injuries. 6/10

Hiljemark: Needs to learn how to tackle players, constantly jumping into tackles when all he needs to do is stand and he will win the ball. Was looking very good at the start of the season, never got back to that level for the rest of the season. 5.5/6

Maher: I honestly knew very little about him before he moved to PSV, I wish I didn't know Maher from what I have seen this year. Doesn't look like he wants to be in a team is the only way I can of describing his attitude on the pitch. 2/10

Park: 6.5/10 Last maybe 6 games of the season he was very unimpressive to me, works as hard as you would expect him to, Our side needed a player with his level of experience, we would be even worse off without him.

Toivonen : Based off the first six months (of course) 2/10 I know he is a much better player than how he was playing in those months, cost us games that if we played someone like Van Ooijen we probably would of won/drew (the Camburr/Chromore games come to mind)

Wijnaldum: Agreed with WR

Forwards:

Narsingh : 5/10 I can't remember him even playing before Christmas (did he?) because of injury, a couple of the games he has started (Utrecht/Camburr) he has made PSV entertaining to watch which hasn't happened much this season. Should of been playing every minute Ruiz was playing IMO.

Ruiz: He gets the odd goal that I feel anyone could have scored if playing instead of him except for maybe the opener vs NEC. He also is anonymous for far too long in games, he could probably defend more but I think he does try he best, unfortunately he isn't very good. Overall I don't like him, but to be completely fair he hasn't been terrible, also don't think we should of brought him in, should have given Bakkali/Narsingh/Jozefzoon more minutes.5.5/10

Jozefzoon: At times he is very good, but at other times I feel he just isn't quite at the level PSV would want their players to be (I feel I say this about too much players, we are just shit TBH). If I were him I would want to move because I honestly think PSV were disrespectful over how often he played. His finishing can be frustrating to watch. 5/10

Matavz: I believe a striker is only as good as the balls he receives, and when he played the ball almost never got passed to him, when it did it was to be a target man and not to score. But I agree with WR saying "A good player in general but just dosen’t fit into the PSV system and should be sold this summer." 3/10 maybe 4/10 but has been injured

Locadia : Was terrible the first half of the season IMO, Matavz is still a better player than him, he has psychical flaws (he is slow) and some of his finishing isn't good enough. But he scored goals second half of the season, became more involved in build up play, was a vast improvement. I also think he would look a much better ST if he played with another one beside him, but I don't really know how to explain my reasoning for that. 6/10

Depay: Needs to improve, he needs to stop trying to be too clever with some of his FKs, he shouldn't be taking penalties for us unless he starts practices taking them. Has been our MOTM more times than anyone else, our most consistent player this season and IMO our best by far. Has made mistakes (vs. Milan and then again vs. Heracles away) personally I forgive him for those mistakes, he isn't as good as Dries but in 7 years (or however much older Dries is than him) he will be much better if he keeps trying to improve. 7.5/10

Bakkali: As far as I am concerned he played 1 game this season and that was against NEC when he was 10/10, he went chasing the ball every time NEC had it scored a magnificent hatrick. His other appearances were substitute appearances where he hasn't been able to affect the game too much, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to leave this summer, I get the impression he is someone that doesn't want to playing for PSV. Should have been given more starts. N/A
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2014, 12:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
1/10 for Zanka

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in