Oscar Hiljemark off to Palermo - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2013, 18:27 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, S04, Heracles
Oscar Hiljemark off to Palermo

We already knew he was probably coming to us, but you never know. He signed a contract running till the summer of 2017. He had to choose between PSV en Nice, who offered even more than the 2,2 mil PSV paid. With Hiljemark we have anticipated for next season, since Strootman may leave PSV for a bigger club, and it's unsure or Van Bommel can play for one more season.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
[...]
At an age of 18 in his true debut season 2011, he was nominated as newcomer of the year being the youngest of the nominated. He also won the prestigious Månadens Tipselitspelare prize with the jury's citation: "Oscar Hiljemark has been endowed with a massive winning attitude that he has used to the competitive environment for the optimum development. He is a talented player who works hard and takes a mature responsibility from his midfield position." Players who also won the price are Fredrik Ljungberg, Johan Elmander, Olof Mellberg and Kim Källström.

After the 2011 season, Hiljemark was being scouted and chased by Genoa and Club Brugge, but Elfsborg ignored the bids, as they want him for a few more seasons before he leaves. Elfsborg ignored a bid of 200 000£ from Club Brugge and Genoa who both chased Oscar after success in his debut season. AFC Ajax and Feyenoord follow Oscar and plan to set a bid in the next transferwindow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2013, 03:29
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
It seems we are giving every new signing a long term deal btw 4.5 years this time.

The fee could rise to 2.8m btw depending on "bonuses" which most likely means if we win the league or reach the CL.

As Afellay said this transfer dosen't really give us that much clarity on the future situation at CM. Will van Bommel stay one more season? (I believe he will) Is Hiljemark the direct replacement for Strootman or will we sign another player as well?

I watched some youtube videos of him (don't laugh as its what some a-league clubs use as their sole scouting system) and it seems that his strengths are his long pass, long shot and work rate. Looks more like an 8 than a 6. Not sure what his weaknesses are as those compilations can make anyone look like Messi.

Zoric, maybe you can help out here?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2013, 11:57
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
It seems we are giving every new signing a long term deal btw 4.5 years this time.

The fee could rise to 2.8m btw depending on "bonuses" which most likely means if we win the league or reach the CL.

As Afellay said this transfer dosen't really give us that much clarity on the future situation at CM. Will van Bommel stay one more season? (I believe he will) Is Hiljemark the direct replacement for Strootman or will we sign another player as well?

I watched some youtube videos of him (don't laugh as its what some a-league clubs use as their sole scouting system) and it seems that his strengths are his long pass, long shot and work rate. Looks more like an 8 than a 6. Not sure what his weaknesses are as those compilations can make anyone look like Messi.

Zoric, maybe you can help out here?
That sounds like Strootman all over that does. Not sure whether you should be excited about Hiljemark or worried about losing Strootman p

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2014, 03:40
Forum Manager
World Class Player

As Ultan mentioned in another thread - Oscar will be out until after the winter break.

He will undergo surgery on his hips. Apparently it is just a preventative measure but hope all goes well

This means both he and Schaars are long term casualties in that CDM role.

At least we have both Guardado and Hendrix who can play there and Ritzmaier may earn himself some more minutes now.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2015, 01:07
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Hiljemark to Palermo seems to be a done deal with €2m up front and €0.5 in bonuses. Oscar himself has expressed a desire to play for Palermo as well

Without the Euro U21 Championship victory for Sweden, i'm not sure if we would have had any takers for him...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2015, 03:28
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Oscar's transfer to Palermo has been confirmed

€2m initial fee with €0.5 in add ons at the end of the season and a 4-year contract for him

Good Luck Oscar!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2015, 00:39
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, Republic of Ireland
He has been scoring a few goals for Palermo so far 3 goals from 2 starts.

He probably isn't being used as a DM like he was for us most of the time, was useless as a DM.

I don't think Propper is an improvement to Oscar personally.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2015, 18:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Propper was able to give nice through balls when playing for Vitesse...at least in the game against Feyenoord in de Kuip when Vitesse thrashed Feyenoord during one of Rutten's last games.

Seen none of that yet at PSV?

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2015, 18:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
http://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/i...n-palermo.html

His goals against Milan

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2015, 19:05
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Propper was able to give nice through balls when playing for Vitesse...at least in the game against Feyenoord in de Kuip when Vitesse thrashed Feyenoord during one of Rutten's last games.

Seen none of that yet at PSV?
had a nice one last wknd for de Jong i think

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in