Nordin Amrabat - Potential? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2012, 14:26 Thread Starter
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
Nordin Amrabat - Potential?

Hello fellow PSV fans, since Galatasaray is on the verge of signing Amrabat and it was confirmed by our and Kayseri chairman, I wanted to get a feedback on this player. I've seen him in Kayserispor albeit not regularly, he was a flashy and skillful, quick player, capable of terrorizing defences (even ours) - classical winger type, but I'm not sure if he's got what it takes to succeed on an European stage. How would you compare him to Otman Bakkal, Carcela-Gonzalez or Boussoufa (all are Moroccan after all)? He reminds me of Quaresma in his style of playing, but I'm not a fan of this style in the long run, though. I prefer more balanced, versatile players and personalities...I'm not sure if you saw him playing in Kayserispor at all...

We were about to sign Assaidi from Heerenven but his agent kept demanding stupid shits for himself so it was off-putting and I think we're done pursuing him. Is it a bad decision? Honestly, I'd have preferred Assaidi to Amrabat, but maybe I'm wrong? Though the supposed fee is whooping €8m (he's going to earn €1m/year) which is a bit of a disgrace, because for that price we could've gotten someone classier.

Why did you sell him to Kayserispor for so cheap in the first place???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2012, 15:24
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, S04, Heracles
My expectations were very high when PSV bought him of VVV Venlo. He was the big star there and all the clubs wanted to get him. He has power, speed.... perfect to do well at a little club. But there are other qualities needed at PSV. PSV always puts pressure forward on the half of the opponent. So Amrabat couldn't use his speed and power that well here. Everybody could see that he is a class player, but not in our system. He lacks technique and overview of the game.

How i remember Amrabat is a hard worker that couldn't make it. He always gave 110% and acted like a model pro, but just not in our system. He is on his best at an often underlying club.

His contract was running out and he didn't have perspective at PSV anymore, so everybody could understand his transfer. Well, we sold him for like 1-1.5 mil, but we also get 20% of the 8 mil fee. In the end 3.5 mil would be a nice price.

The Amrabat i know is not as good as Assaidi by FAR, but i don't know how he developed at Kayserispor. 3,5 mil for Assaidi is cheap as hell, but his contract runs out and Heerenveen really needs the money. It really suprised me when i heard Galatasaray is prepared to pay 8 mil for Amrabat.

You guys have gotten some nice players! Burak Yilmaz, Altintop, nice!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2012, 04:38
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Fast and strong, typical right winger. Likes to cross but as Afellay said, he didnt have the vision (and maybe space) to succeed at PSV but i also havent seen him play at Kayserispor. Nonetheless a great player to have on the counter at the very least.

Assaidi is a different type of player. He is a right footed left winger who likes to cut in and shoot. He is more of an attacker while Amrabat is more of a midfielder. Both are/were overrated here in NL imo.

Apparently we might not be getting that 20% alm: We pretty much broke even from his transfer though as i think we bought and sold him for 1.5m. The 8m price tag surprises me tbh

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2012, 09:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Galatasaray must be getting free handouts from someone if theyre willing to pay that 8m fee

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2012, 09:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
They're quite busy at the market, already signing Hamit Altintop and Yilmaz this week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in