PSV Squad 2011/12 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old September 8th, 2011, 06:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
PSV Squad 2011/12

So with the first week of Eredivisie football, post the summer transfer window, coming up this is what our squad will look like at least until January.

Goalkeepers

1. Andreas Isaksson
Very hot and cold. Not a top class keeper but still amongst the best in the league.

21. Przemyslaw Tyton
Also one of the best keepers in the league. Back-up keeper atm but one mistake from Andreas and Tyton will surely be our no.1

31. Cassio Ramos
Hes off to Brazil in January. Ugliest keeper in the league?

33. Khalid Sinouh
Also a candidate for ugliest keeper in the league. Will probably only get one season with PSV.

Defenders

2. Stanislav Manolev
Not a fan favourite. Hopefully his last season at PSV.

3. Wilfred Bouma
Legend Should be Prime Minister.

4. Marcelo
Very hot and cold last year after coming in from the much weaker Polish league. Will battle with Derijck for a starting spot.

5. Erik Pieters
Oranje's LB and best LB in the league. Wanted by Newcastle United in the summer.

17. Abel Tamata
Our backup RB/LB. Hugely inexperienced PSV youth product.

18. Timothy Derijck
Signed from ADO in the summer. Underrated player and much more of a footballer than Marcelo.

Midfielders

6. Kevin Strootman
6 caps and 1 goal for Oranje thus far. Netherlands answer to Thiago Alcantara?

7. Ola Toivonen
The Captain. Much needed "dickhead" type player who also chips in with alot of goals during the coarse of the season. One of our best players.

8. Orlando Engelaar
Only at PSV because no one else is stupid enough to sign him

10. Georginio Wijnaldum
Controversial summer signing from Feyenoord. Has shown glimpses of what he can do, can do it consistently? Fringe Oranje player.

13. Atiba Hutchinson
Our man for the DM position. Hes coming off a major injury so his role in the new team is TBA atm

15. Stijn Wuytens
Deep-lying midfielder. Out at least until January with injury. PSV youth product.

16. Rabiu Ibrahim
Apparently hugely talented AM. Didnt get a chance at Sporting and hasnt gotten one at PSV yet either.

23. Funso Ojo
Another Belgian youth product. Started our first 3 games but has been dropped ever since. DM that can also play RB.

Forwards

9. Tim Matavz
Our last summer signing and the final piece in the puzzle? Cost 7m and has a reputation as one of the best strikers in the league. For that kind of money he should be the best striker in the league. Target man whose expected so score goals,goals,goals.

11. Jeremain Lens
His second season at PSV. Will start as our RW as well as being our back-up ST. Has got speed, good technical ability and a good shot, the only question is why he dosent play up to his potential? Fringe Oranje player.

14. Dries Mertens
Has already more than replaced Juju. 6 goals and 5 assists in 4 games. Best dribbler in the league and possibly the best player in the league. Him and Strootman look like a bargain for a combined 13m.

20. Zakaria Labyad
Our first choice back-up for the wings this season although he can also play at 10. Our most talented youth product in the first team. Loved by the fans.

Last edited by White Rabbit; September 9th, 2011 at 01:37.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 13th, 2012, 15:51
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, PSV, NEC, Srbija
PSV squad 2011-2012

Ok Ill try it once more but I wont do the whole line up at once because I made the whole thread but my internet screwed up everything

Goalkeepers

Andreas Isaksson

The number 1 up untill last week. He lost his spot earlier on but Tyton suffered a pretty harsh headinjury which gave Isaksson a second chance. He took the chance and improved his game. He lost his starting spot last week though because Tyton impressed in the training. He is the undisputed #1 in the Swedish NT. Good on the line but panics when the ball is played back to him

Przemyslaw Tyton

Another talented goalie comming from Poland. He won his starting spot earlier in the season but suffered a hard head injury during one of his first games. He fought back and managed to win another first team spot during his trainings. He will be fighting for the first spot with Zoet next season.

Khalid Sinou

The reliable experienced third choice goalie. Came on in one game during this season.

Jeroen Zoet

One of the most talented Dutch Goalies. He isnt getting the praise he deserves because he is the biggest reason why RKC is up so high. Im pretty sure he will be battling for first team spot next year with Tyton. He has been loaned out to RKC this season

Stay tuned for the rest of the team.

Боље да се кајем зато што јесам, него зато што нисам
Old March 13th, 2012, 21:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Krajo, i did the whole squads profile at the end of the summer transfer window so im sure you'll find it somewhere in the general news thread if you can be bothered going through it.

I just thought it might save you some time is all.

Old March 13th, 2012, 21:56
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Hehe thnx mate, wish I knew this earlier lost to much time in doing this

I look it up and move the post to this thread

Old March 13th, 2012, 22:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

No worries mate.

Might have to look somewhere in August/September. It was quite a while ago but you cant miss it when you get to it
Old March 13th, 2012, 22:05
Forum Manager
World Class Player

I find the post but now Im trying to figure out how I move that post to this thread.

Fixed

Old March 13th, 2012, 22:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Cheers

EDIT: The only changes since i first posted that are that Willems and Vennegoor are in and Ibrahim and Cassio are out.
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

As promised here are the two additions to the squad that werent included in the intial post:

43. Jetro Willems

Started played with the first team in October when both Pieters and Tamata got injured at Twente in late October. Only 17 years of age and played 4 months this season as the starting LB where he made tremendous improvements and is solid both in attack and defence. Dutch LB at the 2014 WC

19. Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink

The second of two cult heros currently at the club. Came in late December and has only gotten a few minutes in a handful of games since. Practically 3rd choice for the Striker position. Will he be here next season?
Old March 14th, 2012, 12:01
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Jetro Willems

I hope he will be getting playing under the new coaches. Offcourse Pieters is our first choice but Willems can get subbed on in the 60th minute and play against teams of lesser profile

Old April 25th, 2012, 11:43
Forum Manager
World Class Player

As the season is ending I want to summarize this squad.
At the beginning of the season everybody thought PSV would be champion after spending 13mill on Strootman+Mertens, 5mill on Wijnaldum, 6mill(??) on Matavz) and 2-3 Mill on Tyton. Now with the end of the season nearing it is safe to say that the transferpolicy has failed. This team lacks quality in defense and doesnt fit together.
Im afraid the signing of Wijnaldum will be useless while Im happy with the siging of Strootman, Mertens and Tyton.

For next season we have Jorgenson incoming who is really needed. Bouma isnt getting any younger and will be an usefull sub IMO. Derijck simply isnt topclub material while Marcelo still is a questionmark to me. At LB we have to decent and capable LB's in Pieters and Willems. At RB we really dont have a star and an improvement is usefull. Manolev works hard but thats really everything he does, while Hutchinson really is a benchplayer. Im curious to see if that RB from Sporting is any better. Perhaps another CB who is better than Marcelo and Derijck but that really isnt a priority.

At midfield we have Strootman who is pretty good. Who will play next to him? Engelaar has lost his credits and Hutchinson really shouldnt be a starter, I like the guy but he simply isnt good enough. MvB would be a great addition so Im hoping for him.
At ten we have Toivoinen and possibly Wijnaldum(he is not an Am IMO and with Labyad leaving we will need someone for the RW position) On LW we have Mertens and a young Depay. Up front we have Lens and Matavz, who doesnt fit in with these players. I wouldnt mind selling Matavz and trying to sign another striker.

So for next season we need a RB, a CM and a striker or rightwinger. I feel really bad we didnt go after Schone.

I would go for this:

Tyton/Zoet
RB? CB? Jorgensen Pieters
Van Bommel Strootman
Toivonen
Wijnaldum Lens Mertens

Bench:
Tyton/Zoet
Marcelo
Willems
Hutchinson
Depay
Matavz

Old April 25th, 2012, 14:41
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, S04, Heracles
Toivonen is probably getting sold this summer, PSV will coöperate if a clubs comes with a decent offer. Wijnaldum may then take over his role, but he is too wild and to slow in passing. We need somebody who distributes the ball. I would like to see Maher or maybe Mertens there. Labyad would be the perfect candidate, too bad he leaves.

Pieters probably also is getting sold. He's the leftback of Oranje, so we should be able to get a pretty nice price for him. We already have a replacement for him with Willems. I really don't see why you guys don't like Marcelo. He is making a good progress and i think only Vertonghen is better than him, if you look in the Eredivisie.

As you said, we need a new rightwinger. Wijnaldum there is no option to me and Lens is way better as a striker.
Old April 25th, 2012, 22:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

The club has already stated they we are going to sign a RB, a deep lying mid and a winger/striker.

Wouldnt mind if Ola gets sold. Same with Pieters because we have Jetro there.

Im pretty sure we wont get another CB. Looks like we'll have 4 next season with Marcelo, Zanka, Derijck and Bouma unless something unexpected comes up.
Old April 25th, 2012, 23:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
Huh, did Bouma get a new contract?
Old April 26th, 2012, 00:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Not yet.

With Manolev and Pieters possibly leaving though i think he'll get another year to be on the bench and come in if injuries/suspensions occur ala Andre Ooijer at Ajax this season
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
If you would sign Van Bommel I don' t think you need the experience of Bouma in the dressing room. I don't know where he could go elsewhere leaving him with a Zenden/Kluivert like ending of his playing days.
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Bouma will get a contract if he wants one

On a serious note i will be very disappointed if he wants to stay one more year and the club deny him that opportunity. Thats not how we treat legends at PSV.

Good point about MvB but as i said he might even be short on defenders next season. Guys like Verkoelen and Koch arnt ready to step up yet.
Old April 26th, 2012, 14:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post

20. Zakaria Labyad
Our first choice back-up for the wings this season although he can also play at 10. Our most talented youth product in the first team. Loved by the fans.[/CENTER]

Old April 26th, 2012, 22:28
Premier Player

Why did they have to steal him from us... This video makes me emotional.

Old April 30th, 2012, 10:49
Premier Player

It's always nice to think about the squad of the next season. I would now like it like this:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: