Belarus and Sweden vs NL - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2017, 21:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Belarus and Sweden vs NL

Can only laugh. Hoping Babel becomes our saviour.

1-1 vs Belarus at the moment

We're gonna join the likes of Ghana, Turkey and Austria at home

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) met Tapatalk

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2017, 21:31
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
lol at Babel indeed. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.

Not watching, but I see Robben just scored. Either way after Sweden's 8-0 win, which Dick called btw , it's done anyway.

Time to start preparing for the next campaign. Surely with a new coach.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2017, 21:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Rekikikikik in the team too lol

We really are a midtable side at best. Can start getting used to being in pot 3 in future qualifying group pots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post

Time to start preparing for the next campaign. Surely with a new coach.
Ruud : hopeful:

6-0 vs Sweden, that's all we need!

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2017, 21:46
Xtratime Legend

Trying to make a future line-up here, but it's lacking in the winger department.

Perhaps a 4-4-2 diamond is the best option right now. The Dutch school of football is pretty much dead anyway, needs to be revamped completely.

Cillessen
Karsdorp - De Vrij - Van Dijk - Kongolo
Blind
Klaassen - Strootman
Wijnaldum
Janssen - Depay

In this formation an attacking LB would obviously be better, but Blind isn't that guy either and Willems didn't pan out. It really is a mid table line-up though. The defence is probably the strongest part of the side, which in itself is completely uncharacteristic for Dutch football.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2017, 22:03
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
They should ask anyone older than 27 to retire, hire the coach of Ajax last year, and stop caring about results for 3 years....

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2017, 18:31
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Journalist to Advocaat: What if Sweden wins something like 8-0 against Luxemburg?

Advocaat: 8-0? Nah, that is not going to happen, this is a stupid question.

Not sure how to make a direct link out of this:
Nach 8:0-Irrtum - Spott für Holland-Trainer Advocaat - Fussball - Bild.de

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2017, 21:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Trying to make a future line-up here, but it's lacking in the winger department.

Perhaps a 4-4-2 diamond is the best option right now. The Dutch school of football is pretty much dead anyway, needs to be revamped completely.

Cillessen
Karsdorp - De Vrij - Van Dijk - Kongolo
Blind
Klaassen - Strootman
Wijnaldum
Janssen - Depay

In this formation an attacking LB would obviously be better, but Blind isn't that guy either and Willems didn't pan out. It really is a mid table line-up though. The defence is probably the strongest part of the side, which in itself is completely uncharacteristic for Dutch football.
Haps
I think Blind will probably stay at LB for the time being.

Strootman for some reason hasn't looked great in Oranje, while Wijnaldum looks like a lost pedestrian when playing in front of defence. Vilhena I don't think is up to it at international level. Only El Ahmadi hasn't looked completely out of his depth in Feyenoord's midfield in the Champions League campaign so far.

Cilessen

de Vrij - Hoedt -Van Dijk

Karsdorp - Wijnaldum - Propper? - Strootman - Blind

Locadia - Promes

Reserves: Vorm, Depay, Dost, Klaassen, Kongolo, vd Beek, Tete, Pieters/Haps, Berghuis. Lack a good holding midfielder and a good striker

Kongolo and Klaassen aren't playing at their clubs. Hope they do sometime soon. I'm worried most about Klaassen because if Koeman doesn't even play him?!
Kongolo could still go on loan to a good Ligue 1 club like St Etienne or Bordeaux. Become a good CB there, before returning to Monaco.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2017, 10:13
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Haps
I think Blind will probably stay at LB for the time being.

Strootman for some reason hasn't looked great in Oranje, while Wijnaldum looks like a lost pedestrian when playing in front of defence. Vilhena I don't think is up to it at international level. Only El Ahmadi hasn't looked completely out of his depth in Feyenoord's midfield in the Champions League campaign so far.

Cilessen

de Vrij - Hoedt -Van Dijk

Karsdorp - Wijnaldum - Propper? - Strootman - Blind

Locadia - Promes

Reserves: Vorm, Depay, Dost, Klaassen, Kongolo, vd Beek, Tete, Pieters/Haps, Berghuis. Lack a good holding midfielder and a good striker

Kongolo and Klaassen aren't playing at their clubs. Hope they do sometime soon. I'm worried most about Klaassen because if Koeman doesn't even play him?!
Kongolo could still go on loan to a good Ligue 1 club like St Etienne or Bordeaux. Become a good CB there, before returning to Monaco.
Yeah, a 3-5-2 would probably be even better. But instead of Hoedt I'd always play Terence. Only a matter of time before things fall into place for him. I'll say it again, he's going to be even better than De Vrij.

Locadia upfront is just poor though.

New coach? German would probably be the best thing that could happen. I mean De Boer is a decent choice, but he's got no plan B. Koeman if he gets the sack? Once again he proves he's not a long term manager. I know my coaches.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2017, 13:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Yeah, a 3-5-2 would probably be even better. But instead of Hoedt I'd always play Terence. Only a matter of time before things fall into place for him. I'll say it again, he's going to be even better than De Vrij.

Locadia upfront is just poor though.

New coach? German would probably be the best thing that could happen. I mean De Boer is a decent choice, but he's got no plan B. Koeman if he gets the sack? Once again he proves he's not a long term manager. I know my coaches.
Koeman would have done better to just stay at Southampton. There's no pressure there. It's a selling club.
Now he's been given Ł100m by Everton's ambitious British-Iranian owner and can only overpay for midtable players like Gylfi Sigurdsson or Michael Keane.

Our man Gudde will now have to get a new TD and manager. Don't mind having a foreigner, but you got those who are still too proud to admit that Holland could use a foreigner.
Bosz won't come being at Dortmund. Koeman could come with Gudde in charge instead of Van Oostveen.
Frank de Boer is damaged goods for the time being and he said he'd prefer to kick start his career at a club.

I wouldn't rule out seeing Bert return btw
As for a foreigner, anyone willing to come for around 1m a year, so no Ancelotti etc but someone from Germany or France who's tactically competent would do.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2017, 13:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Congrats with Serbia qualifying btw.

Good to have a lunatic in Mitrovic to entertain me at the world cup.

Will as usual support England but they'll probably disappoint again.

From a more neutral standpoint I'd like to see Belgium and France do well. Japan and Egypt (with the sheriff on the bench!) from the more far away nations

Lol if Argentina don't make it and Tapia does

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2017, 13:43
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Koeman would have done better to just stay at Southampton. There's no pressure there. It's a selling club.
Now he's been given Ł100m by Everton's ambitious British-Iranian owner and can only overpay for midtable players like Gylfi Sigurdsson or Michael Keane.

Our man Gudde will now have to get a new TD and manager. Don't mind having a foreigner, but you got those who are still too proud to admit that Holland could use a foreigner.
Bosz won't come being at Dortmund. Koeman could come with Gudde in charge instead of Van Oostveen.
Frank de Boer is damaged goods for the time being and he said he'd prefer to kick start his career at a club.

I wouldn't rule out seeing Bert return btw
As for a foreigner, anyone willing to come for around 1m a year, so no Ancelotti etc but someone from Germany or France who's tactically competent would do.

Yeah, Koeman will get ruined by his own ambition. He thinks he's a way better manager than he really is. I mean, Gio won the Eredivisie with an IMO lesser squad than we had under Koeman.

The whole 'Dutch school' needs to be abandoned, or at least heavily modified. I think a quality foreign coach could offer new insights and would definitely be better than some third choice Dutch coach, like Blind.

Quote:
Congrats with Serbia qualifying btw.

Good to have a lunatic in Mitrovic to entertain me at the world cup.

Will as usual support England but they'll probably disappoint again.

From a more neutral standpoint I'd like to see Belgium and France do well. Japan and Egypt (with the sheriff on the bench!) from the more far away nations

Lol if Argentina don't make it and Tapia does

Thanks mate!

Mitar actually did really well this qualifying campaign. It's a shame the fat waiter doesn't seem to believe in him, cause I'm sure he could do a decent job in the EPL. He'll never be top class or anything close, but he has his qualities and for Serbia he's a warrior.

I'll be hoping for some EE impact as usual, cheering on the South American sides minus Brazil and of course supporting our guys in the Moroccan team.

Also, I'll definitely tune in tonight. A World Cup without Messi.. hope they pull through!
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2017, 13:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
I can see Japan doing better in 2018 after they tanked in '14. Defensively they look very solid under Halilhodzic, much more so than they did under Zaccheroni. Yoshida has been great for them. He's really come along way since his Venlo days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2017, 21:37
Xtratime Legend

Damn, turned into a Robben tribute game. Even I'm feeling it over here. Nothing but respect for Arjen.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2017, 23:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Best Dutch player from the 1980-85 generation.

Could have qualified had it niet been for imbecile Blind's decision to play de Ligt against Bulgaria. Van Oostveen with that Hiddink and Blind plan

Going on career achievements, I'd go for a list of:
1. Robben
2. Sneijder
3. Van Persie
4. Kuijt
5. Van der Vaart
6. Huntelaar
7. Nigel de Jong

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2017, 00:42
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
Ouch! The Netherlands missing out on both the 2016 Euro Championship and 2018 World Cup is a major bummer. Time to rethink these youngsters leaving for Premier League reserve squads too soon in their careers.

I usually support both the USA and the Netherlands at the World Cup, so I will have to choose another squad for my #2 this time.

My family's greatest World Cup moment is still Frank De Boer's 60-meter pass to Dennis Bergkamp in the 2-1 win over Argentina back in 1998. Bergkamp took the ball out of the air, nicked it by the defender, and then slotted it in all with his right foot. And then ol' Ariel Ortega got sent off for head butting Van Der Sar. Remembering this bums me out since there won't be any chance for similar moments at Russia 2018 with the Dutch squad.

Last edited by Teak; October 11th, 2017 at 00:47.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2017, 08:50
Star Player

Teams: Dutch football
It's a real shame.

We were better than Sweden in our head to head games and a wrongly disallowed goal decides it.
Ah well, football can be unfair. Guess we have to thank the KNVB for appointing rookie Danny Blind.
Of course we also don't have the greatest team anymore but not qualifying was totally unnecessary.

Too bad Robben could not end his career on a high with a last World Cup.

"Always look on the bright side of life"
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2017, 10:34
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, I'd bring in video refs just for moments like that one..you can see how much impact that bad decision had.

But of course appointing Danny was the bigger decision that went wrong. Holland can't make the same mistake again. So no Gullit!

And Teak, no Holland or the US at the WC now! Time to adopt my Serbia.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2017, 19:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Any more nutters in the Serbian squad to make it must-watch TV for the outsider? p

Quite a shock to see Team USA failing to qualify.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2017, 19:44
Xtratime Legend

No Lane Jovanovic's this time around, much more bland squad. Mitar is definitely the craziest one, but another interesting player to the Dutch is obviously Nemanja Gudelj. Largely a sub, but he played the final game Vs Georgia and one more when Milivojevic was suspended. And of course our MVP, Dusan Tadic.

Yep, not qualifying in CONCACAF is a huge failure by the US national team. Looking at their squad it's pretty solid, so that makes it even more weird that this happened.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2017, 22:37
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
Quote:
And Teak, no Holland or the US at the WC now! Time to adopt my Serbia.
No kidding. USA futbol fans are in mourning today. The general public only gets interested in futbol during the WC IF the USA squad is playing but next year will be a big flop with no USA to follow. Or the Netherlands. Or Chile for that matter also.

Yeah, I will have to pull for Serbia and one of those CONCACAF minnows that beat out the USA for a spot. Good for them! Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica. I doubt any of them will get a single point in the group phase, but so what? Fun to see small countries get a chance on the world stage. Hopefully, this will wake up both the Netherlands and USA national team management and we'll get some redevelopment going.

Time for Bradley, Altidore, Howard, and etc. to take a bow. We have younger players with potential who need to get blooded. Only Christian Pulisic excites these days.

So, what do I need to know about the Serbian squad?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in