Eredivisie 16/17 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2016, 19:38 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, S04, Heracles
Eredivisie 16/17

PSV were absolutely rubbish in the first half. No single chance created.. Utrecht on the other hand had the time of their life. I guess it's another offday, hard to blame this on tactics or something.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2016, 20:47
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, Republic of Ireland
Our midfield couldn't get into the game first half, we lost just about every second ball, couldn't keep the ball for long periods. PSV were always too outnumbered in Utrecht's half, it changed in second half, Cocu subbed Bergwijn off for Schwaab, switching to a 3-5-2. This helped PSV regain possession, in first half every ball forward from Utrecht found its way to a Utrecht player, second half the extra CB helped PSV intercept many forward passes to their forwards.

Davy Propper brought PSV back in the game with a strike from 20 odd yards, didn't watch the replays but initial thought was their keeper could have saved that, maybe it was closer to the corner than I thought, maybe there was a bounce before he was able to get a touch.

Guardado got too excited to finish a chance after a break from a corner, got space for the shot in Utrecht's box but shot straight at keeper.

Pereiro makes it 1-2 from a free-kick, a header to a Willem Janssen from a Utrecht defender, was accidentally hand balled by Willem Janseen, sloppy mistake that gets punished harshly from a Utrecht point of view IMO. Well finished free kick though.

Rubio Rubin had a good chance to equalise, a chance where you have time for one touch (to shoot) but he missed the target. Another mishit (from the looks of it) shot from Rubin from just outside the box goes just wide too.

In stoppage time Utrecht get a corner, their keeper went up for it, didn't do a Martin Hanssen on it though, but while Utrecht had their whole team up Haller found himself behind PSV's defense, couldn't hit the bouncing ball cleanly to shoot, Zoet was able to save thankfully.

Utrecht 1-2 PSV

A draw wouldn't have been unfair because of how much better Utrecht were in first half, will take three points though
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2016, 08:48
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
Quite a poor first game by PSV really.

Changed the tide in the second half but it was well below par.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2016, 13:13
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT

1-2 FT

Rubbish game by PSV but we still got the 3 points

Like last season, we struggled against Utrecht unless we played a 5-3-2

A bit of individual brilliance from Pröpper (not sure about the goalkeeping) and Pereiro saving the day in the end

Our next game is at home vs AZ on Sunday
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2016, 17:58
Premier Player

A Moreno goal after a corner the only goal.

Only one shot on target first half, a free kick whipped in from Willems was headed by De Jong but was saved. A few good chances missed from PSV second half, first Hendrix, a header from a Narsingh cross, was put off by Johansson. Narsingh was put through by De Jong and shot in an usual way off target, looked like he tried to hit it over the keeper with the outside of his right foot from the left side of the goal. De Jong looked to miss a great chance after Hendrix was behind AZ's defense and square it to De Jong who just missed the target from 6 yards, may have been touched by a sliding Haps from behind but I thought he simply missed when watching.

AZ had many dangerous balls in PSV's box, I think everyone of them came from PSV's left side, Guardado defended one well early on, Weghorst just missed the ball when attempting to strike it, there were others but none ended well for AZ. PSV were fortunate.

Willems had an awful time defending, got himself an assist (after a poor initial corner), for everything good he did (some nice passes) had 2 moments of poor defending, bad passes, giving away corners, got ran past by Jahanbakhsh too easily several times. He did some unnecessary fouls, I think he dived in AZ's box near the end of the first half, didn't get booked for it or anything though.

Propper also came close to scoring from a long pass from Guardado but his shot went across goal and wide, not a usual good performance from him today, misplaced a few passes. Pereiro and Locadia were ineffective, Ron Vlaar played well for AZ, did a great diving header to prevent De Jong scoring and Locadia getting an assist. Narsingh coming on made De Jong play better I thought, PSV were much more threatening going forward. PSV switched to a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 last 20 minutes to close out the game, AZ still had one of two moments were they could have scored.

Still 6 points from 6 is a perfect start, especially when playing 2 of the better teams in the league.

Guardado MOTM for me, might be harsh on Moreno scoring and getting a clean sheet, you can argue he deserves it more.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2016, 20:37
Premier Player

Very comfortable 0-4 win at Zwolle.

Isimat header, Hendrix effort from 20 odd yards after given way too much time on the ball, a De Jong header from a Guarado free kick and a finish into the top corner from Steven Bergwijn made it 0-4 late on.

I think a better keeper would have saved Hendrix's and maybe De Jong's goal, the Hendrix one was Zwolle's outfield players' fault though.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2016, 12:14
Star Player

PSV 0-0 Groningen

A bit blunt from all the forward players but equally a slice of luck would have seen the game finish 3 or 4 to nil.

De Jong missed a peanlty and several headers plus the likes of Narsingh and Pererio were ineffective.

Locadia came off injured.

Think the sending off helped Groningen. Their tactics changed and whilst it was riskier, their camping in your box got them a result that they otherwise may not have got.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2016, 19:10
Premier Player

NEC have been throwing everyone forward whenever they are in possession, that and poor defending from the players that get back into position have made it easy for PSV to go 0-3 up after 20 minutes.

Ramselaar, Pereiro and Brenet scoring
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2016, 19:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
lol NEC not having their day.

Definitely not as secure at the back as under Faber in the beginning of last season.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2016, 13:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

where's white rabbit?

Another month in Vanuatu or some other Pacific paradise?

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2016, 21:47
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
where's white rabbit?

Another month in Vanuatu or some other Pacific paradise?
Spent the last 2 weeks in Europe (Barca + Rome) but before that was really busy at work

Tbh i also haven't had that much motivation to come on XT ever since it changed and I think the same goes for some other members. Afellay for example hasn't posted in months.

I'm guessing that apart from the Feyenoord section, the Benelux section has been dead?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2016, 12:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Indeed, but it's explainable with the upcoming championship celebrations in Rotterdam Zuid

Be sure to be man enough to still be here!

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2017, 18:31
Premier Player

I am some chump for stop watching PSV's game after the 2-3, didn't see first half, wasn't liking what I saw in second except for one good pass from Ramselaar to Propper who missed. Schmidt probably should have scored for Heerneveen too. Luuk De Jong hasn't looked like a striker for most of the season, he put in a lot of effort from what I saw, but PSV need wingers or play with a second striker. Pereiro had some awful passes and a penalty saved.

PSV needed to beat Ajax before Christmas to have any slight hope of the title I felt, Always great to comeback with 2 goals to win late on but shame I didn't see it...
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2017, 19:28
Star Player

Was an incredible match!

Locadia added to van Ginkel's arrival should see some more goals imo.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2017, 21:44
Premier Player

Some weird stuff going on against Twente, police getting what looks like way over half the fans out the stadium because of drug traffickers with like 13 minutes to go, ruined the atmosphere (not completely, but affected it negatively as you would expect). PSV didn't do enough to win the game (I mean this in a you feel they didn't try enough to kill the game), Twente got a late equaliser with 30 seconds left, and came close on a few occasions throughout the game, Twente are not good though which is why they didn't win.

Also swear PSV got like 3 corners they shouldn't have had in the game

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in