Fantasy league Eredivisie 2014/15 - Josedin, you can replace Kali - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 603 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2014, 09:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
Fantasy league Eredivisie 2014/15 - Josedin, you can replace Kali

We're back from the WC. The Eredivisie is almost starting after a brutal mercato. At least if we look at the topscorers of last season's version of the FLE. The likes of Pelle, Tadic, Finnbo and Janmaat have all left the scene.

Time to recover and think about who's going to be the replacement. Because the teams IRL haven't even done that yet we will wait until after the transfer deadline before we'll start.

Which also makes it easier to apply a few new rules.

If you have any suggestions for new rules/features then you still have the time. I will check then if I can implement it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 603 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2014, 10:17
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
yee agree about waiting until end of window.

will have a think about some possible new rules/features to throw out there

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #3 of 603 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2014, 14:59
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
Still think we should have the implementation of transfer budgets. Only one person can have a particular player. If we all get 100million to spend l, we bid in private to get the players we want. Ie if I bid 5 million for De Jong, but TheAnswer bid 7 million, then he would get de Jong. But obviously now he would have less money to spend on other players.
And the lowest bid you could make on a player is 0.1 million or 0.5 perhaps.
post #4 of 603 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2014, 15:26
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

yeah that would help spread the range of players for sure (rather than everybody having the same couple players like Tadic and Pelle last season)

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #5 of 603 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2014, 15:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
So you announce who you want to sign, then we make private bids?

That would avoid a public bidding war and players making bids just to piss others off

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #6 of 603 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2014, 18:00
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
So you announce who you want to sign, then we make private bids?

That would avoid a public bidding war and players making bids just to piss others off
Lol
In a way yeah, it would avoid a lot of arguing...

One member of the forum will be the ref (preferably someone who's not taking part), and we all send bids for a squad of 18 players who we want. The ref then gives the players to the people who bid the most for that player.
Then we could do 2-3 rounds of bidding until we all have squads of 18. It requires skill though to outbid people without knowing the competition!
Does 100 million sound like a decent budget?
post #7 of 603 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2014, 20:38
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
I am not interested in participating as a manager; in fact, I was going to skip the Fantasy League this season. But if you need for me to be the ref, I could do that.
post #8 of 603 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2014, 22:35
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by boumavilla View Post
Lol
In a way yeah, it would avoid a lot of arguing...

One member of the forum will be the ref (preferably someone who's not taking part), and we all send bids for a squad of 18 players who we want. The ref then gives the players to the people who bid the most for that player.
Then we could do 2-3 rounds of bidding until we all have squads of 18. It requires skill though to outbid people without knowing the competition!
Does 100 million sound like a decent budget?
Yee for a squad of 18 i guess 100 is suitable.

Limit of how many players from one team still? 2 or 3 perhaps

post #9 of 603 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2014, 08:41
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
I think the squad should be 15 players just like fantasy EPL so 1 sub for each line (GK, DF, MD,FW).

Also we had a lot of arguments over player positions last season (whether they are midfielders or forwards). I say lets get all the player positions off 1 website rather than everyones official website just to make it easier.
post #10 of 603 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2014, 08:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I think indeed most crucial change this season should be to get some diversity.

Last season we had a squad of 15. With one reserve for each line.

100M budget sounds alright to get those players. Bids to be rounded by the million. With perhaps an exception for the cheap bids. So 0.5 M possible as well in order to get the bench warmers in.
post #11 of 603 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2014, 08:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
I think the squad should be 15 players just like fantasy EPL so 1 sub for each line (GK, DF, MD,FW).

Also we had a lot of arguments over player positions last season (whether they are midfielders or forwards). I say lets get all the player positions off 1 website rather than everyones official website just to make it easier.
I want to produce a list (in excel or something similar) on forehand based on one source of truth in order to avoid that discussion.
post #12 of 603 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2014, 09:23
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

I have some random suggestions just to throw out there...

Scoring:

How about bonus points if a player in your team makes it in to the "Team of the Week" and also bonus points if a player in team gets MOTM? Could use http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/155...isie-2013-2014 which has a pretty good system and does a team of the round and MOTM for each game (or could use a Dutch publication that does something similar?) - Im suggesting this because sometimes you can have a player who is quite significant to their team but doesnt necessarily score a lot of goals or get many assists - for example Daley Blind - Blind was like 21st highest points scorer out of defenders last season yet obviously was one of Ajax's key players.

post #13 of 603 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2014, 09:25
Star Player

0.5 million is the sensible lowest bid.
In fantasy EPL we had a squad of 23 but that's unnecessary.
post #14 of 603 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2014, 09:27
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post

yes I agree about positions. I also think you should actually have to have at least 2 centre-backs rather than player 4 fullbacks/wingbacks in defense! I myself took advantage of that last season by having van Rijn, van Aanholt, and Rosales in defense last season even though none of the 3 ever play centre-back!

post #15 of 603 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2014, 09:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer87 View Post
I have some random suggestions just to throw out there...

Scoring:

How about bonus points if a player in your team makes it in to the "Team of the Week" and also bonus points if a player in team gets MOTM? Could use http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/155...isie-2013-2014 which has a pretty good system and does a team of the round and MOTM for each game (or could use a Dutch publication that does something similar?) - Im suggesting this because sometimes you can have a player who is quite significant to their team but doesnt necessarily score a lot of goals or get many assists - for example Daley Blind - Blind was like 21st highest points scorer out of defenders last season yet obviously was one of Ajax's key players.
Nah, that would mean more adminstration for me and if we more different players selected already I am already busy enough.
post #16 of 603 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2014, 10:51
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivu View Post
Nah, that would mean more adminstration for me and if we more different players selected already I am already busy enough.
ok fair enough. I meant to say though that I'd be happy to do it all as I'm constantly looking at data anyway for gambling purposes!

post #17 of 603 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2014, 04:18
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
I think we should make it max 2 players from each team.

So you cannot have more than 2 PSV'ers etc.

Will make it more fun
post #18 of 603 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2014, 06:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I think after last season you should be glad if we want a PSV'er at all in our FLE team. :smileani:
post #19 of 603 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2014, 11:13
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

If he we are going to do the bidding thing should we start the first round soon as only a couple weeks until transfer window closes now?

post #20 of 603 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2014, 11:47
Star Player

I agree, if you would like any help btw chivu, I don't mind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in