Jupiler League 2014-15 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 161 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2014, 15:03 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: MVV, West Ham, Ross County
Jupiler League 2014-15

I thought i would start the thread off this season.

In Maastricht:

MVV players Tom Van Hyfte and Nathan Rutjes sign for R*da JC
This is a very hard one to take, 2 of our better players signing for our arch enemies. Everyone is sick and cannot believe the decision. It will make the derby on 31 August all the more special, 16 years is such a long time. Goalkeeper Bram Castro has also left and has joined Heracles.

On more positive news temporary trainer Ron Elsen has signed an agreement to take the club forward and will stay at the club for the coming season. Elsen took over in January 2014 from the departing Tini Ruijs. It is hoped that this will now stabalise the club and with many players out of contract he will have a big job to do before the start of the competitive action in August.

We have also signed an agreement with KRC Genk with an exchange of players for both our first team and youth sections.

It will promise to be another crazy season but the supporters only care about the dates of 31 August and 30 January.

the south will rise again...hell to some, angels to others

www.mvv-schotland.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 161 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2014, 19:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
4 Genk players arrive on loan and MVV also want AZ goalie Hobie Verhulst

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #3 of 161 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2014, 12:21
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, PSV, NEC, Srbija
Still not used to using this thread

Боље да се кајем зато што јесам, него зато што нисам
post #4 of 161 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2014, 19:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Tomorrow we're off.

Like most I expect as well Roda and NEC to fight for the title. Best squads and most money, easy as that. After those two teams like Sparta, De Graafschap, RKC and VVV normally will follow while many expect something from Den Bosch and Almere, no clue why.
post #5 of 161 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2014, 04:19
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Lurling to fire Den Bosch into the Eredivisie

It would be a failure if Roda and NEC fail to promote immediately.
post #6 of 161 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2014, 11:03
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
yeah Den Bosch have Lurling and Quekel (who scored 19 goals in 30 appearances last season) so decent front line for this level.

Sparta have got Gladon from Dordrecht who scored 20 goals in 40 games last season, and Hiwat from Zwolle. Along with Voskamp who is already there they have a decent frontline.

NEC have signed 21yr old Icelandic midfielder Emilsson from Hafnardjodur...he is a great prospect. With van Moorsel, Palsson, Stefanik, Foor, Breinburg and Rieks they have strongest midfield in the league. Def favourites along with Roda.

Fortuna lost two top scorers in N'Koyi (30 apps, 13 goals) and Khalouta (37 apps, 15 goals) who went to VVV, they will struggle this season I think - dont seem to have replaced them with any quality.
Also expect Helmond to struggle...lost Brouwers (36 apps, 14 goals) to Eindhoven, Koc (37 apps, 12 goals) has gone to Turkey, and Belgium midfielder Luckermans (13 apps, 2 goals) has gone to Anderlecht.

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #7 of 161 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2014, 20:54
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Impressive reslience by Roda. up 1-0 then Ramos gets sent off and Pluim makes it 2-0 immediately after. Rkc pulled it back to 2-2 through esajas just before ht. Calabro made it 2-2 from penalty then in 93rd min 10 men Roda snatch a winner!

Almere wooped MVV 5-0 and Volendam's Muhren scored 4 goals in final 12 mins to beat OSs 4-0! A classic Jupiler game!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #8 of 161 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2014, 22:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Almere... :undecide:

Boring and very wet game in Venlo tonight, but three points so all good. Roda attracted 10450 fans and did beat RKC in injury time, surely they're the true winners this evening.

Where's N'Koyi off to?
post #9 of 161 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2014, 23:01
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

N'Koyi went to Petrolul in Romania to join Mutu!

post #10 of 161 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2014, 23:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Aah I recall, together with Nepomuceno?
post #11 of 161 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2014, 23:23
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Indeed. A lot competition for places in attack there. Obviously Mutu is main man then Toto Tamuz, Astafai, and Mustivar as well to contend with

post #12 of 161 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2014, 14:15
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

I wasnt aware of the new "innovative" rule in jupiler where each team has one challenge in each half which they can use and call upon a video referee who has 10 seconds to overturn a decision! Interesting

post #13 of 161 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2014, 14:21
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, Republic of Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer87 View Post
I wasnt aware of the new "innovative" rule in jupiler where each team has one challenge in each half which they can use and call upon a video referee who has 10 seconds to overturn a decision! Interesting
Are you serious?
post #14 of 161 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2014, 14:24
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultan View Post
Are you serious?
As in serious tht i wasnt aware of it or tht its happening?!

http://www.totalfootballforums.com/f...ee-technology/

post #15 of 161 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2014, 15:33
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, Republic of Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer87 View Post
As in serious tht i wasnt aware of it or tht its happening?!

http://www.totalfootballforums.com/f...ee-technology/
I meant are you serious as in is this actually happening?

But reading that part saying "However, the decisions made will not be passed on to the official referee because the technology still requires further development" makes it less interesting. I had never heard of this and a game a watched yesterday could have done with video technology to decide a penalty decision... but it is only testing for now
post #16 of 161 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2014, 17:03
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
NEC got off to a great start, beating FC Eindhoven 3-1. They got goals from Sjoerd Ars, Tom Daemen (PK), and Alireza Jahanbakhsh.
post #17 of 161 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2014, 17:40
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
NEC got off to a great start, beating FC Eindhoven 3-1. They got goals from Sjoerd Ars, Tom Daemen (PK), and Alireza Jahanbakhsh.
It was a pretty comfortable win. I went to the game not knowing what to expect. NEC with 7 new players and not knowing the quality FC Eindhoven has. NEC didnt play particulary good but we were much better than Eindhoven, which didnt create a single chance and scored from a defensive mistake. NEC should have mad at least 5 goals with Van Moorsel missing a huge chance and Alireza missing a few shots.

If this team gels together they will probably be one of the best teams in the Jupiler league. The central midfield duo of Breinburg and Daemen looks promising. Breinburg impressed me the most and Im pretty sure he could have been a good player in Eredivisie as well. Great on the ball had two terrific long balls and is also feisty. Alireza didnt play his best game but still managed to score a goal and the defense looked really well with Conboy beeing the best.

The goalie Smits didnt have much to do but the things he did looked well. Appiah(RB) still needs some time to gell and Im not yet convinced by him same applies to the LW Santos. Ars scored a goal but wasnt 100% convincing as well. The backup striker Emilsson who came on the second half looked better than Ars.

Do you guys know if Eindhoven is considered as one of the better JL sides, they did manage to reach the playoffs last year?

post #18 of 161 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2014, 19:47
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Yee emilsson is a great prospect. Breinburg looked decent when i saw him play a couple time last season

post #19 of 161 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2014, 21:29
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrajisnikNL View Post
Do you guys know if Eindhoven is considered as one of the better JL sides, they did manage to reach the playoffs last year?
Pretty hard to say if you ask me. But isn't it unfair to say something about them as they played more than 50 mins with one man less?

Certainly clubs like Roda, RKC and VVV will finish ahead of them. Last season they did well but that was a kind of a surprise, I'd expect them mid-table.
post #20 of 161 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2014, 10:03
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoert View Post
Pretty hard to say if you ask me. But isn't it unfair to say something about them as they played more than 50 mins with one man less?

Certainly clubs like Roda, RKC and VVV will finish ahead of them. Last season they did well but that was a kind of a surprise, I'd expect them mid-table.
Yeah but to be honest even in the first 20 minutes when NEC was playong terribly we had 4 good chances and they couldnt get anywhere near our box. They seemed powerless even with 11 players on the pitch. The goal was their first chance.

But yeah would have been better to judge them with 11 players on the pitch. I was just asking to get an indication of NEC's strenght because we have a whole new team.

Shouldnt Sparta be somewhere up top as well? And how are the jong teams?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in