A Thread for Degens - Eredivisie Betting! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 22:18 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
A Thread for Degens - Eredivisie Betting!

May have noticed that I like the odd flutter so rather than keep bringing up betting odds and plays in other threads I've taken the liberty to create this so as to keep it all separate (as I realize not everybody gives a shiit about the betting odds for a game and just want to watch it for the entertainment value!).

Eredivisie is one of the league's I'm particularly focusing on with my betting this year and a lot of you experienced Eredivisie fans may be able to assist me in my decision making so please chime in!

Had considerable success this wknd with betting on Roda (draw-no-bet) against Cambuur, Zwolle +1 asian handicap and both teams to score, PSV -2 asian handicap, and live-bets on over 1.75 goals in NAC/Heerenveen game at 0-1 (particularly fond of betting on late goals in games involving sides like Heerenveen), and Over 5 goals live in RKC/Vitesse game when it was 2-2. I also had Feyenoord draw-no-bet but managed to recoup the loss from that on Twente draw-no-bet live after the first red card. Annoyed that I didn't bet on Groningen though as I knew they'd beat an out-of-sorts Utrecht side

Some interesting games coming up next weekend, will post my thoughts on these from betting perspective later in week. :thmbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 22:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Had a feeling PEC would win but was too much of a coward to bet on it.
Also felt that ADO had no chance of winning in Deventer.

The Twente result was a big shock though. Got that totally wrong.

Next weekend (bets over 1,80):
NEC - PEC 2,40 3 losses in a row for NEC? who dares
Roda - Vitesse 2,55 or goals over 3,5 with Vitesse's defence. Got to wait for the goals over odds

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #3 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 22:28
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, S04, Heracles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Roda - Vitesse 2,55 or goals over 3,5 with Vitesse's defence. Got to wait for the goals over odds
Hmm, interesting. Roda didn't confince me so far. They had a hard time against Cambuur in the second half.

post #4 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 22:49
no Quitter !
Rising Star

Teams: Sông Lam Nghệ An, Roma, BVB & Feyenoord
I'm not good at placing bets on yet to start matches so mainly I place bets on matches I watch live. If I don't have time then I just take parlays (low risk high reward ) or minimum bets or even not bet at all.

Never bet against teams I support but Twente this afternoon looked delicious after Tadic converted the first penalty :drool: and even when the score was 1-3, Twente to give 0.5 goals was still tempting.

Soccer / Handicap
PSV Eindhoven
-1.00[2-0]
PSV Eindhoven -vs- NEC Nijmegen
HOLLAND EREDIVISIE

Soccer / Over/Under
Over
3.25[1-1]
AZ Alkmaar -vs- Ajax
HOLLAND EREDIVISIE

These are 2 Eredivisie bets I took this weekend, only feel confident when i get to watch games live because I'm suck at reading odds
post #5 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 22:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afellay View Post
Hmm, interesting. Roda didn't confince me so far. They had a hard time against Cambuur in the second half.
They didn't convince me either. Goals over probably the safer bet.

Glad I didn't go for a Schalke win btw either as they didn't look good in the cup but instead went for a Huntelaar goal (1,98)

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #6 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 22:54 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
Had a feeling PEC would win but was too much of a coward to bet on it.
Also felt that ADO had no chance of winning in Deventer.

The Twente result was a big shock though. Got that totally wrong.

Next weekend (bets over 1,80):
NEC - PEC 2,40 3 losses in a row for NEC? who dares
yep, I've ear-marked those two as well. I'll probably play Zwolle draw-no-bet, and both teams to score. Zwolle have won home and away last season against NEC and won 3 out of 3 in Nijmegen overall so bodes well.

As I said in the other thread, only been 2 games out of last 18 between Roda and Vitesse that have had less than 3 goals so Over 3 is default play! Just wish Roda had a better striker than Nemeth, only thing that worries me about backing goals in Roda games this season. One thing for sure that I can rule out is backing Vitesse to win after that performance today and Roda's resilience at home (only losses last season were to Ajax, Feyenoord, and Utrecht).
post #7 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 22:56 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
They didn't convince me either. Goals over probably the safer bet.

Glad I didn't go for a Schalke win either as they didn't look good in the cup but instead went for a Huntelaar goal (1,98)
yeah I got sucked in to playing Schalke -1 thinking their defense will have improved from last year - turns out it hasn't! Matip had an absolute nightmare, gave away the pen with his ridiculous flailing hands, kept missing headers in the box, and then missed an open goal from 3 yards out in final 15 mins to cap it off! Didnt help that Draxler went off injured as well. That play and Frankfurt double chance were my only losses this wknd I think.
post #8 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 22:58
no Quitter !
Rising Star

Quote:
Glad I didn't go for a Schalke win either as they didn't look good in the cup but instead went for a Huntelaar goal (1,98)
This kind of winning bets is orgasm Two minutes and money are back
post #9 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 23:00 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeplying View Post
I'm not good at placing bets on yet to start matches so mainly I place bets on matches I watch live. If I don't have time then I just take parlays (low risk high reward ) or minimum bets or even not bet at all.

Never bet against teams I support but Twente this afternoon looked delicious after Tadic converted the first penalty :drool: and even when the score was 1-3, Twente to give 0.5 goals was still tempting.

Soccer / Handicap
PSV Eindhoven
-1.00[2-0]
PSV Eindhoven -vs- NEC Nijmegen
HOLLAND EREDIVISIE

Soccer / Over/Under
Over
3.25[1-1]
AZ Alkmaar -vs- Ajax
HOLLAND EREDIVISIE

These are 2 Eredivisie bets I took this weekend, only feel confident when i get to watch games live because I'm suck at reading odds
yep, I think the Eredivisie in particular is a league were it may be better to make live-bets rather than bet before games start. Like with the NEC/Groningen game last wknd, before it started I probably would of leant towards NEC draw-no-bet, but then after watching opening 15 mins or so it was pretty clear that Groningen looked a different class and a lot sharper.
post #10 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 23:02 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afellay View Post
I bet sometimes, but i keep it simple. All i do is bet on the side i expect to win. No stuff with handicaps and so on. Next week Zwolle, Heerenveen and Groningen might be interesting sides to bet on, depending on the quotation.
yeah, Heerenveen to win and the Over 3 in that one as well. Heracles are typically poor away from home (just like Roda), so will be fading those two on their travels a lot this season.
post #11 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 23:07
no Quitter !
Rising Star

Oh I forget, that Ajax black GK fcuked up right before the interval

Soccer / 1st Handicap
Ajax
0.00[0-1]
AZ Alkmaar -vs- Ajax
HOLLAND EREDIVISIE

... still mad ...

Can PSV continue banging opponents? asian handicap now is PSV -2 @ 1.88
post #12 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 23:07 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

These are the opening odds (released by Bwin):

post #13 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 23:09 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
Oh I forget, that Ajax black GK fcuked up right before the interval

Soccer / 1st Handicap
Ajax
0.00[0-1]
AZ Alkmaar -vs- Ajax
HOLLAND EREDIVISIE

... still mad ...

Can PSV continue banging opponents? asian handicap now is PSV -2 @ 1.88
ha yeah, I was pissed with Vermeer as well, had Ajax dnb 1st half live, so at least I got my stake back. Still, feels like a loss when you are seconds a way from it cashing!

Which site has PSV -2 already? I'll probably wait and bet on them live, they may have one eye on the MIlan game a few days later
post #14 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 23:13 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Wish I'd play the Over 3 in every game of Bundesliga as well! only 2 out of 9 games didnt have 4 or more goal!
post #15 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 23:24
no Quitter !
Rising Star

http://www.asianbookie.com/index.cfm?league=12 this is just initial odds I guess.

I don't have as much knowledge about Eredivisie as everyone here so look at that I feel a bit clueless Heerenveen - Heracles over regardless the odd would be?
post #16 of 577 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 23:39 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
http://www.asianbookie.com/index.cfm?league=12 this is just initial odds I guess.

I don't have as much knowledge about Eredivisie as everyone here so look at that I feel a bit clueless Heerenveen - Heracles over regardless the odd would be?
Ah right cheers. Doesnt say were theyre are gettin them from
post #17 of 577 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2013, 16:31 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Separate to Eredivisie, I've locked in two early Bundesliga plays for this wknd:

HSV Hamburg draw-no-bet @ -188 at home to Hoffenheim;

HSV looked pretty good at Schalke yesterday, and dominated most of the first half, but fell apart in final 25 mins. Nonetheless, a 3-3 draw in Gelsenkirchen is still a great result, and Van der Vaart was in great form. HSV's track record against Hoffenheim is excellent, they have won their last 3 at home against them and never been beaten, and also won 4-1 away last season.

Dortmund -2 asian handicap @ -146 at home to Braunschweig;

First game of season at the Signal-Iduna Park, I find it hard to imagine that Dortmund don't win this by at least 2 goals. Worse-case scenario for me is that Dortmund win this 2-0 or 3-1 in which case I'd get my stake returned, but I expect them to win 3 or 4-0, or 4-1 maybe. Aubameyang has slotted in straight away and scored a hat-trick at wknd, and Mkhitaryan will probably be back from injury and be an option off the bench. Braunschweig will probably be without experienced defender Dogan who went off injured against Bremen, and top-scorer from last season Kumbela (30 apps, 19 goals) may not be fit enough to start after missing first game of season.
post #18 of 577 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2013, 16:55 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Probably a sucker bet but playing the Over 3 goals @ -133 in Jong PSV/Excelsior game tonight. Excelsior are usually terrible on the road, they haven't won an away game since May 2011! Last season they failed to win a game, drew just 4 and lost 11, and conceded second most goals (37) after Almere. They did score 16 though so averaged just over a goal per game, and matches involving them in general were high scoring at 3.4 goals per game average (6th highest in league). Will also play Jong PSV draw-no-bet if the line-up is strong. I understand that Tyton and Matavz will be involved tonight.

Last edited by TheAnswer87; August 12th, 2013 at 17:04.
post #19 of 577 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2013, 17:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Matavz in the Jupiler League lol

post #20 of 577 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2013, 18:07 Thread Starter
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

appears Tyton and Matavz aren't playing, so gonna stay away from playing PSV dnb and just hope for goals!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in