Dutch XI of the season 2012/13 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2013, 19:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, PSV, NEC, Srbija
Dutch XI of the season 2012/13

So the league is done. Ajax once more Champions while Willem II is going back to the Jupiler league. We will still have relegation battles in which VVV and Roda will have to fight to stay up. There is one European spot left for either Utrecht, Twente, Groningen or Heerenveen.

All in all we had a good season with some great games. Post your team of the year.

Vermeer
Janmaat - Van der Hoorn - BMI - Blind
Clasie
Djuricic/Schone - De Jong
Tadic - Bony - Mertens

Goalkeeper:
Vermeer, the suprise of the year, worked himself up to NT keeper. Didnt see it comming to be honest. Apart from him there arent many spectacular keepers in the Dutch league. Perhaps Zoet is a big talent and Ajax's second goalie Cilissen.

Rightback:
Janmaat, another great suprise this year. Was an okay RB at Heerenveen but exploded this year at Feyenoord. Bombing forward on the right flank adding a lot of offensive impulses. Still a bit suspect on the defensive end but definitly the best RB in Holland. The only other noteworthy RB is Ajax's Van Rhijn.

Leftback:
Blind, a player I always liked since his Groningen days. Like Janmaat on the right he is pretty good in the offensive end. Not the best defender but pretty good on the ball. One of the better Ajax players this year also earned his spot in the Dutch NT.

Centrebacks:
Van der Hoorn & BMI, Unlike the LB and RB this position does have some other good competitors like: Van Dijk, De Vrij, Ailderweireld and Kashia. However I think these two guys have shown the most this year and therefore I've picked them.

Defensive midfielder
Clasie, Feyenoord's pitbull and midfield engine. It was a tossup between him and Van Bommel/Strootman but PSV dissappointing last few games have tipped the scale into Clasie's favour. On the other hand I do think Strootman is a better and more complete player but Clasie's season was just better, also he is better in a punt naar achter systeem in which he is the link between defense and midfield while Strootman is more box to box.

Central midfielders:
De Jong and Djuricic/Schone, De Jong was great and a pretty underrated player in Holland. He is the Dutch Muller, not a great technician nor is he a spectacular player but he delivers, and most importantly he delivers in the most important games. Djuricic is a great player and like Hansie Hans I think he is one of the best players in Holland. He played his last games at the wing so Im not sure whether he fits in this position but the same goes for Schone. Schone was a big suprise for a lot of you but not for me. I've always said he can fit in a Dutch topclub.

Rightwinger:
Tadic, unlike last year there arent much wingers that have done anything noteworthy. After the departure of Asssaidi and John and the injuries of Narsingh, Chadli and Boerrigter there wasnt much competition.
Tadic started out pretty good but Twente wasnt as good in the closing end of the season. However Tadic was far better than any rightwinger, including second best Schaken and Lens.

Striker:
Bony, this pick was almost as easy as the LB and RB pick. Bony farout the best player in Eredivisie this year, complete striker IMO. Pelle is a close second but still undisputable that Bony was the better striker.

Leftwing:
Mertens, even though Im not his biggest fan the stats speak for itself. Has the best stats alongside Tadic as a winger. Chadli was just injured for most of the time while Boetiues still needs some time. Dont see a lot of competition for this spot. Perhaps Lens?

Боље да се кајем зато што јесам, него зато што нисам
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2013, 02:13
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
You have BMI at central defense even though he played at LB a large chunk of the season for Feyenoord? Mathijsen might be a better choice for CB.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2013, 10:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Vermeer

Janmaat - vd Hoorn - Kashia - Blind

Schone - Toornstra
Eriksson

Schaken - Bony - Tadic

Wanted to go for something different in Toornstra who had a good half season at Utrecht.

Only went for Bony not to have too many Feyenoorders

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2013, 11:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, PSV, NEC, Srbija
Toornstra is a pretty good mention aswell, he was great this year!
@ your last remark Wally, I know its hard for you Feyenoorders

Is it only me or did De Jong have a better season than Eriksen? Come on you guys post your lineups.

Teak, didnt BMI feature in the centre of the defence this year as well? I know he played more on the LB but IMO he is more of an CB anyway so thats why I picked him. He has taken some huge steps this year even cemented his place in the Dutch NT. However the CB position was the hardest to pick alongside the CM. The others are basicly pick themselves.

Боље да се кајем зато што јесам, него зато што нисам
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2013, 12:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

ah I see I've Swedified Eriksen lol

while Bony could still secure Vitesse 3rd spot, he choked, Pelle didn't pure charity from me!

Bruno has hardly featured in the middle for Feyenoord. Only when one of Mathijsen or De Vrij has been injured, which has been rare. He indeed is far better in the middle as shown for the Dutch NT.

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2013, 20:42
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, S04, Heracles
Vermeer
Janmaat -Van der Hoorn - Martins Indi - Blind
Van Bommel
Eriksen - Strootman
Djuricic
Bony - Pelle

The choises in the defense were pretty easy to make, since there are so few good defenders. I choose for a 4-4-2 formation, because i think Bony and Pelle would be a terrific couple. They must play. Djuricic and Eriksen have the ability to cover the wings. Van Bommel and Strootman are the best PSV'ers, they make sure there's a kind of cleverness.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2013, 18:48
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
Vermeer
Janmaat - Wuytens - Alderweireld - Blind
Djuricic - Clasie - Eriksen
Schaken - Bony - Boetius

Bench: Veltuizen, Van Rhijn, Mathijsen, Lens, Mertens, Altidore, Pelle.

All of the players I've picked here in the XI are players that have massively improved their game this year and have become key players for their clubs. They're either young or have stepped out of the shadows of other previous players.

Wonder how many of these players will stay over the summer...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2013, 19:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

If I was managing a premiership club, I'd go for Janmaat. He's been so consistent.

Wuytens is going to leave Utrecht on a bosman. AZ apparently want him but I'm sure that the top clubs in Belgium won't miss the opportunity of getting a decent Belgian defender on a free.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2013, 19:22
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
What are Utecht playing at?! On a free?

PSV should be there with bells on for a player like him...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2013, 19:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Wuytens didn't want to extend his contract. He already told Utrecht last September but unlike Leerdam, they didn't bench him too invaluable too I guess.

Utrecht basically couldn't afford his wage demands as they're looking to get rid of their 10m euro debt. Hope they won't be raided too much if they are to qualify for the Europa League.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2013, 19:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
Wuytens indeed one of the most decent Bosmans around in the league. Former PSV youth, but I can't see him going back that way.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2013, 11:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
I would have had no one I think from Ajax if we had this team made up at the winterbreak, but that's nothing weird considering the previous seasons. Hopefully next season I can add an Ajax attacker as well.

Vermeer

Janmaat - Alderweireld - Moisander - Blind

De Jong - Toornstra
Eriksen

Schaken - Bony - Djuricic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in