Tomas Kalas 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2012, 23:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, PSV, NEC, Srbija
Talent of the year 2011/12 award

Pick your talent of the season 2011/12. Im pretty sure this award will be tougher to pick than player of the year. The eredivisie has got some pretyy young and talented players in the league, a lot of them who havent reached the age of 20.

Filip Djuricic Heerenveen

The Serbian midfielder is one of the better youngster this year IMO who just turned 20. Definitly has got some impressive statistics with 10 goals and 14 assists in Eredivise while he has scored 3 times and gave 5 assists in 5 cup games. He is your classic type of number ten. He is not afraid to claim the ball and give a good through pass. He likes classy passes, his backheelthroughpass assist in Heerenveen's 4-3 is evidence of this. He times his runs into the box at the right moment, explaining his goal tally.

Jeffrey Gouweleeuw Heerenveen

A young Dutch centre back who likes to join in the attacks. Orginally he played as a 10 but was tested in CB and fullfilled his job pretty well. He is stronger than he looks and has some good speed. I think he is getting more credit than he deserves due to his offensive skills and his great runs up front. Still a good prospect and Im looking forward to see this player develope. He has scored 3 goals in eredivisie and some nice once indeed.

Ola John FC Twente

A speedy leftwinger who really impressed in his first season. Good contender for the award. He is quick, he can go past a player and use both his feet. He likes to cut in and shoot on target but he can also pass him opponent and deliver a good cross into the box. Had a bit of a dip in the end but Im pretty confident he will perform good once more. He was called up to Oranje as a reward for his good performances. Good statss as well scored 8 times and 15 assists. If anyone knows a good site that shows the assist please let me know so I can edit the stats.

Jordy Clasie Feyenoord

This was Clasie's second year on the highest level in Holland and he has made a definite impression. At first it was not even sure whether he would get a lot of playing time but after Feyenoord sold Fer and Wijnaldum Clasie was needed. He quickly showed that he is a forced to be reckoned with. Despite his small posture he is a real fighter. He plays just in front of Feyenoord's defense but definitly knows what to do with a ball. Favorite of the public because of spirit. Will he get a call up to the Dutch NT? He scored 3 goals for Feyenoord in Eredivisie.

John Guidetti Feyenoord

John Guidetti,a pretty extravagent personality. Alongside Clasie one of Feyenoords best performers and fanfavorite. Will he be at Feyenoord for another year? He is a strong forward who can shoot from all angles with both feet. His 20 goals this year are a testimony to this.

Adam Maher AZ

One of my favorite youngsters in the league and probably the youngest on this list with his 18 years. Allready on the scoutinglist of teams like Barcelona. He got his chance when Martens got injured and played at 10 for AZ. Impressing immediatly with everything he does. His passes are great and he knows how to score a goal as well. He runs incredibily much. Later on in the season he was moved to CM next to Elm and still did an impressive job. Pretty incredible for a guy his age, didnt even have a setback. He scored 5 goals this season. For me this award either goes to him or Djuricic.

Christiaan Eriksen Ajax

Unlike the players mentioned above Eriksen already had an esthablised reputation. He was chosen as best talent in Eredivise last year and played an important part in their league win. A similar player as Djuricic but he is twofooted. Doesnt have the same throughball as djuricic though. He had a great season as well but just like Fica doesnt get enough credit for it. People expect Eriksen to already player like the best player in the league and therefore dont give him the credit he deserves this season. 7 goals and 17 assits is a pretty impressive total IMO.

Navarone Foor NEC Nijmegen

A young player impressing while beeing played in a different role than he was used to. A big part of NEC's revival and succes in the second half of the season. He started the season on the bench and was subbed in a lot. After Pastoor reliezed that Van der Velden cant be played on the wing he decided to test Navarone. Foor started with a big bang like the guns of Navarone. He impressed immediatly with his great technique, vision and fighting spirit. The downside is that he is tiny and needs to muscle up. He has some great throughpasses and has a great engine. Lets hope he improves next year.

Luciano Narsingh Heerenveen

Assistking of the year. A speedy rightwinger with a good cross. His tally of 20 assists in pretty impressive and he has scored 8 goals. Good throughtout the season even though he had a slight dip in the end. Was called up to Oranje. Will he go to Ajax or PSV? Much more effective than his leftwing compatriot Assaidi, who got more praise. People still have slight doubts about his play without space.

Yanic Wildschut VVV Venlo

Just like Assaidi & Narsingh, Wildschut is another player who was deemed not good enough for Ajax. This year he has managed to impress at VVV. He was one of the bright spots of this team. He managed to score 7 times for the 16th team in the league. He is wanted by Groningen, Heerenveen and AZ and will probably be leaving.

Bram Nuytinck NEC Nijmegen

A good strong and solid centre back. Captain of the Dutch u21 and a player with quit some potential. Wanted by Wolfsburg, Monchengladbach, Napoli, Juventus and possibly Ajax. Unlike Gouweleeuw is not know for his offensive qualities but he is confident on the ball. He can pass and shoot with both feet and reads the game very well. Good in the air.

Jeroen Zoet RKC Waalwijk

The only goalkeeper in this list and that should say explain a lot. He was outstanding on his loan to RKC. One of the reasons why RKC reached the playoffs. Will be interesting to see whether he will win a first team spot at PSV. He is tall and his arial reading of the game is pretyy good.

Lerin Duarte Heracles Almelo

Tomas Kalas Vitesse

The youngest defender on this list. He came as a loanie to Vitesse and won a first team spot despite the fact that he is only 18 years old. He is 2 months older than Maher so he is not the youngest guy on this list. Will he stay another season at Vitesse or will he go back to Chelsea. Definitlty has got some talent and Im pretty sure this guy will succeed if Chelsea give him a fair chance.

Man how did I forget Jetro Willemsalm:
Can someone add him to the poll? I left out Labyrat because he is a traitor. If you guys feel he deserves a spot on this list let me know.

Боље да се кајем зато што јесам, него зато што нисам

Last edited by KrajisnikNL; May 6th, 2012 at 23:39.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2012, 23:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

My list is as followed:

1. Filip Djuricic
2. Adam Maher
3. Luciano Narsingh
4. Christiaan Eriksen
5. John Guidetti
6. Ola John
7. Jordy Clasie
8. Tomas Kalas
9. Navarone Foor
10. Jeroen Zoet
11. Yanic Wildschut
12. Bram Nuytinck
13. Jeffrey Gouweleeuw
14. Jetro Willems
15. Lerin Duarte

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 02:18
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
Excellent summary, Krajo!

It was a close vote for me, so many good, young players from which to choose. In the end it was a tie between Djuricic and Clasie. I had to go with Clasie since he plays for Feyenoord. I would love to see Djuricic be our #10 next season, but it ain't going to happen.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 02:51
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Great work Krajo!

As you said: this is a harder choice than the player of the year award.

I had to go with Ola John.

It was between him and Djuricic for me but i went for Ola simply because only he and de Jong were keeping Twente up where they were. At Heerenveen you had Narsingh, Dost, Assaidi and even van la Parra pulling his weight. Not to mention stats and overall talent of course.

I think John deserves to be the 4th winger for the Oranje in the Euros
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 11:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Thnx WB.

As for Ola beeing the 4th winger for Oranje who are the first three?

Robben, Kuijt and Afellay? The definitly have some talented wingers with Elia, Narsingh and John.

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 11:44
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Yeah Robben, Kuijt and Afellay are the 3 wingers as they will 100% be in the squad barring injuries.

Elia is talented but he hasnt played at all this season for Juve. Narsingh is good but hes less versatile than John and has a few dimensions less than him as well. For me John has more potential to become a big player.

I wonder if they will even take 4 wingers though because they have to take 3 players for that one position at 9 in RvP, Huntelaar and de Jong. Maybe they will use RvP as a winger again
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 12:01
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Great topic Krajo, nice write up as well.

My top 3

3 Stefan de Vrij, best young defender in the league, will be world class within 2/3 years and you'll all look silly comparing the Van Dijk's, Gouweleeuw's and Nuytinck's to him.

2 Filip Djuricic, this year he had a great attack in front of him, next year he might need to lead the ship himself, but he's developing rapidly and turning into a proper modern 10

1 Jordy Clasie, most improved without a doubt. This kid is taking steps every week and is a much better footballer than a lot of pundits give him credit for. He's definitely ready for Oranje, even at the expense of some other young players.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 12:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Thnx Krle

Stefan de Vrij is a good defender and I think he will amount to more than Gouweleeuw and Van Dijk but based on the whole season he doesnt deserve to be your third placed choice. Yeah I know your Feyenoord biased but come on: He was injured and benched for BMI. Not saying he didnt have good games but he didnt have enough games to be picked in front of players like Maher, Narsingh, John or any of the players in the list except for Willems.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 12:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
I went for Djuricic, because I like him the most as a player. Technical number 10 assisting both the wingers as Dost and also scoring double figures.

Eriksen for me isn't a talent anymore. So he should be competing for player of the year award. Although there we already have other Ajacieden who had better seasons.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 12:59
Xtratime Legend

He wasn't benched because he was crap, on the contrary, he was great in nearly all the matches he played. In fact at that period of time it would be have been more fair to bench Vlaar as his form wasn't up to standard. Just ask Wally, Teak or Clocker.

BMI came in when Stefan got injured and did excellent and Koeman rewarded him for it. But in essence we have 3 quality CB's and only 2 can start in those positions at the same time. Vlaar being the captain obviously wasn't going to get benched.

Anyway Bert just confirmed my thoughts.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 13:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivu View Post
I went for Djuricic, because I like him the most as a player. Technical number 10 assisting both the wingers as Dost and also scoring double figures.

Eriksen for me isn't a talent anymore. So he should be competing for player of the year award. Although there we already have other Ajacieden who had better seasons.
I agree with you on everything. I wasnt sure wether to put Eriksen on this list but considerin he is only 20 years old I put him on the list even though he allready had his breakout season last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post
He wasn't benched because he was crap, on the contrary, he was great in nearly all the matches he played. In fact at that period of time it would be have been more fair to bench Vlaar as his form wasn't up to standard. Just ask Wally, Teak or Clocker.

BMI came in when Stefan got injured and did excellent and Koeman rewarded him for it. But in essence we have 3 quality CB's and only 2 can start in those positions at the same time.
I think you misunderstood my point. I wasnt saying he was benched because of beeing bad. My point was that he hasnt played enough games due to beeing injured and benched to deserve a spot above these players who have played in most games this season. We should jugde someone throughout the season. Stefan is class

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 13:07
Xtratime Legend

30 games this season, out of 34. I wouldn't say that's not enough.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 13:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post
30 games this season, out of 34. I wouldn't say that's not enough.
Really?

Wtf I thought he was out for weeks and than benched. How could he only miss 4 games

I take my words back than. Still dont think he deserves to be in spot 3 He should however be added to the poll than.

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 19:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
De Vrij started only 22 games btw. Bit of a shame but simply unlucky. Luckily for him, Nelom's performances went down after an encouraging start so Koeman could tuck Bruno in there at LB.

3. Filip Djuricic - seemed to have misunderstood Ron Jans' instructions yesterday only one really playing and one who seemed to be a level above Vennegoorlite and the man who PSV and Ajax want but who imo isn't much better than Ruben Schaken

2. Adam Maher - fine player. Great to see AZ's academy produce a player like him and if it were up to me, he'd be straight into Oranje's final 23.

1. Jordy Clasie - been good all season. Can't remember a lesser game from him. Consistent over the season and ever improving.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2012, 18:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Adam Maher has won the official award. So the award given to him by a panel of ex-pro players including Cruijff. Not the XT award. Come one guys keep voting, surely we have more than 7 active members.

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 05:20
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
Great work Krajo!
Gee, White Rabbit, that Feyenoord pic looks good as your avatar!

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 05:23
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Just wait until next season my friend, i suspect many more PSV avatars in 12 months time
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 08:00
International

Teams: AZ Alkmaar
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
i suspect many more PSV avatars in 12 months time
In memoriam because the city finally stopped subsidizing and the club went bust. :frownani:
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 09:41
Forum Manager
World Class Player

You wish buddy

Title number 22 is coming our way next season
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 17:18
A i nogomet
Premier Player

Don´t consider Narsingh/Eriksen as talents in this sense, since they´ve already had their breakout season last year, so my list is as follows:

3. Djuricic: classic playmaker, a player who often gets overlooked when people talk about Heerenveen´s tremendous offense. He used to have trouble in the defensive department, being too light and not tenacious enough, yet he has made definite strides in that respect. I expect him to become the undisputed leader at SCH next year and his goal/assist tally should be even higher, provided Heerenveen find somewhat competent replacements for their offensive trio.

2. John: I had already heard good stories about him last year, but he´s turned out to be even better. Incredibly technical player, a joy to watch. It´s been a long time ago since I´ve seen a player in NL pass his opponents so effortlessly and his connection with L. de Jong was what made Twente be title favourites for a short while. Hopefully he remains with Twente for a year or two, despite his quality I´d consider Benfica to be too risky a move at the moment. He could become one of the poster boys for the league.

1. Maher: If there is one young player I´d have to put my money to end up at a top club, it´d be him. The guy combines technical quality with vision in a way only the greats can. What I love most about him is how he always thinks 2-3 steps ahead of the others, even at a good club like AZ his team mates simply cannot follow him at times. Bertje is gonna have to pull out the big guns to persuade him to play for Oranje.

Honorable mentions for Gouweleeuw and especially Clasie, both showed great potential this year.

Bring back the European Champions' Cup and Cup Winners' Cup please.

U pobjedi se ne zanosi, u porazu se ne ponizi.

"Ajax is als de Sagrada Familia. Nooit af, maar een bezoek waard."

Bogotac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in