The official NEC Nijmegen thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 12:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, PSV, NEC, Srbija
The official NEC Nijmegen thread

I'd like to represent my hometown and therefore Im making the official NEC Nijmegen thread. A friend of mine left for Bukarest and left me his seasonticket so I will be able to report on the games from now on.

NEC squad 2011-12:

Goalkeepers

Gabor Babos

36 years old with lots of experience and still getting the job done. With his 1.96 he is pretty reliable and a good goalie for Eredivisie standards. He has a good character and proffesional behaviour, which he showed when he was benched for Cillesen.

Marco van Duin

The back up goalie, still pretty young. Today is his birthday and he is now 25 years of age. He played for Ajax(as third goalie) and Haarlem, as first goalie, before joining NEC in 2010. There is not much I can say about his abilities because I havent seen him in action.

Cees Pauwe

The third goalie with lots of experience. He was brought in the squad after Cillisen left.

Defenders

Remy Amieux

As a youngster he played for RC Lens and Grenoble. He left for FC bayonne where he played 19 games before moving to FC Eindhoven. He made a great imperssion at Eindhoven and NEC decided to take the chance. He played decently in his first season starting 20 times in which he scored 1 goal.
Amieux is a left back. He is better defensivly than offensivly.

Zoltan Szelesi

A Hungarian international which was signed on a free in 2011. He has a oneyear contract with an option for another year. He played for clubs like Ujpest, Energie Cottbus, Strasbourg and Olympiakos Volos.

Szelesi plays at RB

Pavel Cmovs

NEC bought him last year but decided to loan him out to Veendam for a year. He played in 33 games and scored two times. Cmovs is a strong, no fear, EE type of defender. He lacks quality on the ball and thats why he's mostly on the bench.

Kevin Conboy

Another new signing this season. NEC signed him on a 3 year contract and he has won his place in the starting XI this year, leaving Amieux on the bench. He is a LB but he can also play as a LCB.

Rens van Eijden

Rens van Eijden is a product of PSV youth and dutch youth international. He managed to play for PSV's team just once and that was in a CL game against Liverpool. He left PSV for Willem II and performed pretty well over there. NEC known for scouting the Jupiler league was quick to sign him on a 5 year contract. In his first year he had 23 performances and in his second only 14 due to injuries. This season he has cemented his spot next to Nuytinck. They make up a pretty stable and decent CB pairing which is probably one of the better in the eredivise.

Bram Nuytinck

Bram is a product of NEC. Born in Malden, a small village next to Nijmegen he soon joined the team.

(he's the second one on the left standing). He made his first team appearance in 2009 after El-Akchaoui left. In the following season he cemented his spot as a CB alongside Ramon Zomer. Espanyol tried to sign him but he decided it was better to stay in Nijmegen. Bram is the captain of the Dutch u21 and a good defensive prospect. Juventus wants to sign him.

Nathaniel Will

A product of Ajax but never got a chance in the first team. NEC managed to sign him up on a free. He impressed immediatly and played 28 times in his first season. This season he is warming the bench mostly thouhg. He is an offensive back

Midfielders

Krisztian Vadocz

Another Hungarian international and one of the most populair NEC players. He was part off the NEC team that made it to EL and played pretty well against Udinese, Dinamo Bukarest and Spartak Moscow. After that succesfull season he left for Osasuna to cash in. After his contract expired he returned to NEC and is starting reguraly nowadays. He is a good hard working CM.

Navarone Foor

Another product of NEC. He is an offensive and creative midfielder. Pretty fast and hardworking but he needs to muscle up. He is comming mainly of the bench but is featuring reguraly.

John Goossens

Another Ajax product who was signed from their youth teams. He is an offensive midfielder who prefers to play at ACM but plays most of his games as left forward because Schone plays at ten. He has a great shoot and takes all the free kicks at NEC. He will be leaving the team for Feyenoord

Abdisalam Ibrahim

A Norwegian youth international who plays at #6. He is property of Manchester city and loaned out to NEC this season.

Ryan Koolwijk

Ryan Koolwijk joined NEC from Excelsior and plays as a LCM. The NEC fans would like to see him on the bench, because they think he is to slow, but the trainer has got faith in him

Lasse Schone

Nec's creative force who plays at #10. He is a great passer and likes to combine with other players. He joined NEC from De Graafschap and has attracted plenty of interest during his years in Nijmegen

Nick van der Velden

Another free signing in the long line of free signings. He is a strong box to box type of midfielder. He can run a lot and has a decent technique.

Attackers

Genero Zeefuik

The dutch youth international Zeefuik is property of PSV and NEC have loaned him for this season. He is starting reguraly even though he doesnt score any goals. He is really strong and knows how to hold up the ball. The problem is he doesnt find the net and gets subbed of pretty often for the culthero and supersub Melvin Platje

Melvin Platje

Platje made his name as a supersub for Volendam when he scored everytime he was subbed on. NEC decided to sign him this season but he hasnt managed to secure a starting spot even though he is clubtopscorer. He continues his tradition as supersub and keeps scoring when he is subbed on.

Leroy George

The only real winger that NEC has who made himself popular with the fans after winning the game in Arnhem this year. He is mostly warming the bench and comming on later in the game. He played a few games when Goossens was injured but when John returend Leroy had to take place on the bench.

Squad Conclusion
All in all NEC has got a decent squad considering the circumstances. NEC hasnt got any money to go out and buy player but they are pretty creative and scout well. Most of their signings are on free or cheap players from Jupiler league. Still they have some quality players in Nuytinck and Schone. The one thing NEC lacks is firepower after Vlemincx departure. I will keep you guys updated

NEC Stadium

Capacity

NEC Goffertstadium, known as the Goffertstadium named after the park in which it is located. It was build in 1939 when NEC was third in the dutch league. It was also the third largest stadium in Holland after de Kuip and het Olympisch stadium in Amsterdam. Numbers of 32.000 spectators were recorded. The first Dutch supercup was played in this stadium between NEC and SVV. NEC lost the game with 2-0. In 1999 they destroyed a part of the stadium and rebuild it into the stadium NEC has nowadays with a capacity 12.500

Боље да се кајем зато што јесам, него зато што нисам

Last edited by KrajisnikNL; February 12th, 2012 at 00:53.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 13:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

NEC faces Roda JC tonight at 19.45CET in Limburg. It will be a though game but NEC is in good form and should be able to take some points in Kerkrade.

Nec playing with a strange kind of 4231 since Van Der Velden is not a winger nor an AM

Line up:
Babos
Szélesi Van Eijden Nuytinck Conboy
Vadócz Koolwijk
Van der Velden Schöne George
Zeefuik

Ibrahim is suspended

post #3 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 13:38
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Vadocz
post #4 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 13:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Andor I expect you, as a Hungarian, to contribute to this thread as well:hopeful:

post #5 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 14:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Reading this thread and the player descriptions is scaring me from betting on Roda to beat them lol

Having said that I'll still do it or on Malki to score

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #6 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 14:46
Xtratime Legend

Already did it alm:
post #7 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 15:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Well, I'd say Roda are a slight favorite mainly because of the players up front. Malki and Junker are good forwards which NEC wished to have. NEC is much better defensivly and slightly better in midfield but they have a really hard time scoring. If im not mistaken Zeefuik hasnt scored once in the eredivisie(this im not sure off but he cant have scored more than 2 goals). Schone is not your scoring type of #10, he is more of a passing, creative type of player. Van der Velden can score goals but he as well isnt know for scoring a lot of goals. So if NEC manages to score the first goal, I'll give them a good chance.

I dont know what the quote for Roda is but I wouldnt have gone for it if it was less than 1.9-2.0.
Dont tell me you guys are betting at toto.nl

post #8 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 15:13
Xtratime Legend

Unibet 1.95
post #9 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 15:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
Unibet 1.95
Well 1.95 isnt a bad quote considering Roda has been playing really well since the winterstop. Personally I never bet on NEC because one time they play great and another time they simply suck. Yeah unibet or bwin are much better than toto because of the quotes. Toto is such a statesponsered rippoff

post #10 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 19:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Roda JC - NEC Nijmegen 11-02-2012

NEC started cautiously staying in deeping hoping to get Roda on the counter. The tactic seems to be working so far since NEC has been the better team in the first half(mind you my stream died in the 40th minute. I've got Eredivisie live at home but only channel 1 and 2 so I have to watch NEC online)
NEC had the first chance of the game, a decent shot on goal by Schone but he shot it straight at the goalie. Van der Velden looked very lively and passed a really good long ball to Zeefuik who could have done better. NEC has been really solid defensivly not allowing Roda to create anything. The best bit of the game came when NEC made a great combination play: Zeefuik received a long ball controls it and sets up a shot for
Schone who puts it just wide, nice play by NEC.

If the game stays like this im afraid you guys are losing your bets

post #11 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 20:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

The second half started with a great chance for NEC. Schone gets a good chance for a header but he heads it straight into the goalies hands.
And the first decent cross in the box and who else but Malki puts it in the net. How unfair football can be, it is
the first chance for NAC and they put it in the net. NEC responded immediatly with a good chance by conboy but the keeper
keeps it out. Not long after that Van der Velden hits the post.

The game has been going how I expected it. NEC playing well but cant finish.

post #12 of 438 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2012, 20:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Congrats guys Roda managed to win a bit undeserved but NEC should really look to find someone up front. NEC could and should have made it 1-1 in the end, Nijland missed for open goal from 5 metres

post #13 of 438 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2012, 00:05
Star Player

Teams: Feyenoord, Real Salt Lake, FC Jackie
Nice thread Krajisnik! I am a follower now.
post #14 of 438 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2012, 00:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Tthnx Teak glad you enjoy it. Now I know Im not doing this for nothing

I rewatched Malki's goal and I have to say the defending was piss poor. I remember Manolev beeing burned for similar, even less horrible, defending by VI but im pretty sure they wont mention Seleszi's poor defending(or shall I say lack of defending). Seleszi has been the worst player on the pitch and I remember him beeing poor against Vitesse aswell where he almost got a red card and was subbed off for Cmovs. Ill keep an eye out for him see how he keeps on performing. NEC's CB duo was solid yet again and I was impressed by Van der Velden. When Ibrahim returns I would like to see him in Koolwijk's spot.

I've added a section about the NEC stadium

Last edited by KrajisnikNL; February 12th, 2012 at 00:44.
post #15 of 438 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2012, 11:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Nuytinck het advies gegeven om niet te praten over Juventus en Napoli

Naar verluidt zijn Juventus en Napoli geďnteresseerd in Bram Nuytinck, verdediger van NEC. Reden genoeg voor trainer Alex Pastoor om zijn pupil uit de wind te houden. De oefenmeester heeft liever niet dat 21-jarige mandekker spreekt over een mogelijke transfer naar Italië.

“Ik heb hem het advies gegeven om daar niet over te praten”, laat Pastoor weten aan Omroep Gelderland. “Dat is hetzelfde als mijn eigen standpunt ten opzichte van sc Heerenveen. Of het nou waar is of niet, ik zeg daar niks over, ook uit respect voor mijn huidige werkgever. En dan hoef ik ook niet te jokken.”

“Bram doet al teveel aan interviews en op sociaal-maatschappelijk gebied”, vervolgt de coach. “Hij is ook een uitstekende ambassadeur voor de club, maar dat moet hij wat mij betreft vooral op het veld zijn. En als het aan de orde is, komt die kans op een mooie transfer er vanzelf wel een keer.”

Lets hope NEC can keep their players for once and build a team but it will be very hard for a team with such a low bugdet. Goossens is leaving, Schone wants to move to a bigger club and who can resist Juve and Napoli..

post #16 of 438 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2012, 12:17
Xtratime Legend

Really wonder if the Juve and Napoli rumors are really true.
post #17 of 438 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2012, 12:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

NEC decided to have a designcontest for next year's jersey. Fans were able to design their own shirt and the best one would be picked. The winnner was announced and its a great piece of design:

It has the original NEC colors which are red, black and green. Down below there is a panorama of the city of Nijmegen making the shirt unique in the world. On the outside of the collar it has the tekst : "weer trekken wij ten strijden voor rood, zwart en groen" (Once more are we going into a battle for red black and green) which are the lines of the oldest and most popular NEC ultras song.
On the inside of the collar it has a double headed eagle, which is Nijmegen's coat of arms.

Last edited by KrajisnikNL; February 12th, 2012 at 12:29.
post #18 of 438 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2012, 12:34
Xtratime Legend

Nice
post #19 of 438 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2012, 12:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
Really wonder if the Juve and Napoli rumors are really true.
Why not? He is 21, captain of the dutch u21. The most stable factor at NEC. Playing reguraly more than 2 seasons and rarely makes mistakes. Strong in the air, physically strong, good positioning. He basicly has all the qualities Italians look for in a defender. His price tag shouldnt be much higher than 3 million considering NEC sold Eredivisie's topscorer and their biggest homegrown goalkeeping talent for around that amount. Im pretty sure Juve and Napoli are willing to take the risk for 3million euros. Im not sure wherther it would be the best move for him though. On the one hand Italians know their defending and they could develope him better than any Dutch club on the other hand, a move to a dutch topclub(like PSV) could be better because he doesnt have as much competition for a starting spot. A 21 year old CB should always look at playing time because for a CB experience is really valuable

post #20 of 438 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2012, 19:46
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
I've been twice to de Goffert this season already and not even to see Utrecht or VVV.

Despite creating that atmosphere corner 'vak 080' the atmosphere is still horrible although I've to admit it improved a little bit. Still there are many periods of total silentness during the match.
Said that, your fans are kings in making nice banners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrajisnikNL View Post
NEC decided to have a designcontest for next year's jersey. Fans were able to design their own shirt and the best one would be picked. The winnner was announced and its a great piece of design:
As of what I heard actually most people wanted a return of the red classic NEC 'balkenshirt', but the board refused to listen to them because of commercial reasons.
Then why do you have such a contest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrajisnikNL View Post
On the outside of the collar it has the tekst : "weer trekken wij ten strijden voor rood, zwart en groen" (Once more are we going into a battle for red black and green) which are the lines of the oldest and most popular NEC ultras song.

All hail that song!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in