Eerste Klasse team? (for FM12) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 11:34 Thread Starter
Rookie

Eerste Klasse team? (for FM12)

Hope you don’t mind me posting a Football Manager thread on this forum, I realise there is a Computer Forum but I think I’d get better advice from the knowlegable people on here.

As some of you might know if you play the game, on FM you can only manage teams from Eredivisie or Eerstedivisie in the boxed version. I like playing in the Netherlands as it is a good competitive league but I was looking for some greater depth.

So, based largely on the actual Dutch structure I went and opened it up so you can manage clubs down to those in Eerste Klasse. There are some small changes from reality e.g. some change in lower cups/leagues format and clubs making up the lowest leagues are not 100% accurate.

(Here’s a shameless plug for the thread on the S.I. FM Forum should this take anyone’s interest: http://www.tinyurl.com/si-knvb

Tonight I plan to release the update and to start a career with a lowly club from the Eerste Klasse. And this is where I’m looking for your help.

Can anyone suggest to me who a good club to manage might be?

What I’m looking for is someone who I can take control of and grow to make into a club challenging for a European place from the Eredivisie. Any sleeping giants with decent stadium, fanbase, who have potential for me to take like a phoenix from the flames of the lower leagues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 19:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarhandel View Post
What I’m looking for is someone who I can take control of and grow to make into a club challenging for a European place from the Eredivisie. Any sleeping giants with decent stadium, fanbase, who have potential for me to take like a phoenix from the flames of the lower leagues?
No!

Why not? Because there haven't been promotion/relegation for too much years between Dutch professional and amateur football.

However, there are clubs who played professional football in the past and have still got a stadium with a 'large' (for amateur standards) capacity with mainly standing places. For example:
- Elinkwijk
- DHC
- EDO
- UVS
- VC Vlissingen
- SVV

These teams don't have a fanbase, amateur teams with a fanbase are mainly the biggest amateur teams, and mainly Saturday ones, the biggest ones, some with a decent modern stadium too:
- IJsselmeervogels
- Spakenburg
- Quick Boys
- Rijnsburgse Boys
- De Treffers

Despite all that, when you take any club to a higher level challenging for European spots, fans will come anyway. Just look at recent foreign examples, Hoffenheim, the Red Bull teams, in the Netherlands to a lesser extent AZ.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 20:22 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks Knoert.

I've chosen to go with Go Ahead Kampen - look to be one of the better resourced clubs of the Eerste Divisie and have a good local rivallry with DOS Kampen.

Go Ahead Kampen - Champions League Winners 2025/26 ;-)
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 21:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
I'd have gone with Quick Boys with Dirk Kuijt returning at 37 firing us to promotion into the eredivisie

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 22:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarhandel View Post
Thanks Knoert.

I've chosen to go with Go Ahead Kampen - look to be one of the better resourced clubs of the Eerste Divisie and have a good local rivallry with DOS Kampen.

Go Ahead Kampen - Champions League Winners 2025/26 ;-)
Make sure you know DOS are the bigger club in Kampen and have better facilities, more tradition and more fans .

My impression from the derby I visited back in 2008 --> http://www.freewebs.com/maaswupperex...dos260408.html

Quick Boys probably would be one of the best ideas in real life.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 08:28 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah I knew DOS were the bigger club but that will change pretty quickly
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2011, 11:15
Rookie

You guys were far the better side going forward and deserved the win, your team passing from the back nice but they eventually overplayed due to the centre backs and keeper not being as comfortable, they need to be avoided in future as they were providing Leeds with their best hope of getting a goal before they gave up playing after half time and Schmeichel just kept launching it forward.
The two Crewe lads looked comfortable in possesion and the right back though caught out a few times by Sam's pace recovered well immediately and didnt panic which was a good sign.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2012, 10:58
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
Thoses new spambots are amazing.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2012, 11:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Wonder what made them pick this topic of all things

FM12 in the title?

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in