R4: Wisła Krakow - ?

- Europa League:

R1: Jagiellonia Bialystok - Irtysh Pavlodar 1:0 & 0:2
R2: Slask Wroclaw - Dundee United 1:0 & 2:3
R3: Legia Warszawa - Gaziantepspor 1:0 & 0:0
R3: Slask Wroclaw - Lokomotiv Sofia 0:0 & 0:0 <- Pen. 4:3
R4: Legia Warszawa - ?
R4: Slask Wroclaw - ?

Nice run by our teams this year. If not really unlucky (yes, also totally disgraceful) Jagiellonia's loss, I'd say that's a great season for us at this moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2011, 02:17
Rising Star

Teams: POLSKA
Both Legia and Slask are ****ed next round. Too many difficult teams......
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2011, 10:24 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Harsh reality dude. After Platini's reform only really good teams, or teams with a dose of luck in draw can go through the group stage. Being unseeded in this round diminishes the team chances really much. Anyway I'm sure forasmuch as Legia manages to beat teams like Gaziantepspor, then PAOK or Hapoel would not be so unattainable for them.

Slask is unpredictable team at this moment. We'll exactly see their real worth in next round, if they avoid Lazio or PSV of course.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2011, 11:15 Thread Starter
Premier Player

R4: Wisla Krakow - APOEL Nicosia

Not that bad draw, I hope Kajoo will say more about this Cypriot team here...
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2011, 12:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedobrzeniec View Post
R4: Wisla Krakow - APOEL Nicosia

Not that bad draw, I hope Kajoo will say more about this Cypriot team here...
quality side, they nailed us to own half in both games, ball possession was like 30-70 in Apoel´s favour. Forget on underesstimating them, they are damn good.

I would be happier to see us loose with our heads up instead of playing bunker and running around like headless chickens, but I need to admit they were too strong for us. Be aware of them.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2011, 12:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Btw great CL/EL capmaign for you so far, glad to see polish teams doing well.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2011, 15:53 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo View Post
quality side, they nailed us to own half in both games, ball possession was like 30-70 in Apoel´s favour. Forget on underesstimating them, they are damn good.

I would be happier to see us loose with our heads up instead of playing bunker and running around like headless chickens, but I need to admit they were too strong for us. Be aware of them.
These are very useful informations, thanks We'll see, Wisla made really good transfers in this year and especially the offensive trio Malecki - MELIKSON - Iliev looks pretty well. And generally they play really smart and effective football in CL this season, they completely neutralized Litex's strengths. However I expect APOEL is one class better team than team from Lovetch, especially they'll have a revenge at home.

Quote:
Btw great CL/EL capmaign for you so far, glad to see polish teams doing well.
Yea, but it's also a merit of not bad draws. In 4th round Slask isn't without chances against Rapid, Legia on the paper is doomed to be devoured. However Gaziantepspor also should destroy them on the paper and they managed to stop their attacks. We'll see whether it's also possible against stronger side as is surely Spartak.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2011, 11:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Apoel - Wisla 3-1, 3-2 on agg
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2011, 11:00
Rising Star

Teams: Rapid Bucharest
How was your game against PSV? The resume I've seen didn't made any impressions on the game.

Legia-Hapoel tough match,you and them being in needs of points and the team losing this slighten the chances for either team to progress.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2011, 21:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Legia is 2nd in C-Group with 6 pts, Wisla 4th in K-Group, but only 1pt on 2nd place (Fulham)

Polish team looks good so far in EL.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2011, 16:21 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Legia is 2nd in C-Group with 6 pts, Wisla 4th in K-Group, but only 1pt on 2nd place (Fulham)

Polish team looks good so far in EL.
Wisla's been playing own EL's matches without three key midfielders, that's talented Malecki, their captain Sobolewski and absolutely the best footballer Melikson. Also their center back Bunoza, single decent right back Jovanovic and striker Genkov were injured, however his replacement Dudu Biton looks even better than Tzvetan, he's scoring goals match after match.

They could look much better in recent games, but these injuries complicated their plans a lot, especially those lacks in midfield. However there's still a chance to make a suprise and achieve promotion, but only if they beat Fulham away in their next match.

Legia is really close to go through the next round, simply they must beat Rapid at home and everything will be clear. If they play as well as they played in Bucharest, they'll surely get this win, because especially in the first half Legia's footballers were simply locked rivals at their half, I didn't see any Polish team which plays such great positional attack for a long time ago.

What's more important, there's a lot of well-playing Poles in Legia, there're finally visible effects of really fast development of their football academy's quality - especially defensive midfielder Borysiuk and left midfielder Rybus (great crossings) look pretty impressive in current season, there are also two 19 years old footballers with huge potential, who are really close to play in their first eleven, that's Żyro and Wolski, Żyro is even their starter in the league, he even scored his first league goal in the last league match, same as Wolski:

From 1:04:

...Wolski scored also a nice goal in the Polish Cup in yesterdays match (from 3:50):

Also Janusz Gol looked fantastic in the last month, his opening passes were simply a world class, he's both defensive and offensive midfielder and I suppose he'll leave them soon and will move to much better side.

Generally, as a Polish league team possibilities, I don't see a poor sides in this team. Their Slovakian goalie Dusan Kuciak is even better, more spectacular goalie than Jan Mucha was. Defence is based on three footballers which are close to our national team, that's right back Jedrzejczyk (age 23), left back Wawrzyniak (age 28, starter in Poland's team) and solid central back Komorowski (age 27). They are leaded by a mainstay of their defence, experienced Michal Zewlakow, who's still in really good form - if not their conflict with nt coach, he'll surely be also a starter in national team.

Midfield, except mentioned footballers Borysiuk, Gol, Rybus and youngsters Żyro & Wolski, is mostly based on Radovic's play, who's currently in the own top form ever, he's both propelling their offensive play by his rallies with the ball, he's simply everywhere in offence and especially he's scoring most important goals. And there's also the defensive midfielder, who was bought to Legia as a Dinamo Zagreb's captain, that's Vrdoljak, however because of his injuries he's not looked too impressive lately.

And the attack, where they have the most famous foreigner who's played in Polish league ever, that's Danijel Ljuboja. Even when he's not scoring goals their great ability of keeping the ball in front is really usefull. There's a footballer, who's still able to show something incredible and he's quite efficient in the league. It's their second the best transfer in last several years, right after Dusan Kuciak.

At this moment, they're playing absolutely most well-looking football in the league, maybe only Slask and Lech can compete with them in this domain.

And I only regret that Lech Poznan didn't qualify to EL in the last league season instead of Jagiellonia (which had crisis of their sport shape), because we'd surely gain much more points to European Ranking, considering the fact that they'd be seeded in the each qualifying round and they look really good in current season...

Slask, as a current possibilites and total lack of experience achieved everything what they could achieve, 4th is a decent score. They're only lacking two or three great experienced foreigners (like Ljuboja and Kuciak in Legia), but they have the richest Pole as a sponsor, a beautiful new stadium with over than 42000 capacity and that's question of time when they'll achieve at least Legia's or Lech's quality.

Anyway I'm sure that's question of time when we'll have regulary at least three teams in the Group Stages, because - as I said several months ago - most part of our teams moved on their new stadiums and stabilized and improved own teams (especially Legia, Slask and Wisla) much and especially started doing something in football academies domain - there's at least 10 teams which are planning to build or improve own training centres on the huge scale, mostly in aim to developing conditions to train young footballers. And the I suppose that we'll achieve top 15 of the ranking at the latest in UEFA Ranking on 2015 year.

Last edited by niedobrzeniec; October 27th, 2011 at 16:31.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2011, 16:30
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
According to Gazeta Sporturilor, Rapid fans aren't allowed to enter Warsaw and watch the game vs Legia. There isn't much information about it though.

Any info in Poland about this?
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2011, 18:22 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
According to Gazeta Sporturilor, Rapid fans aren't allowed to enter Warsaw and watch the game vs Legia. There isn't much information about it though.

Any info in Poland about this?
As far as I remember, I read yesterday that simply there was completely no Rapid's fans interest in buying tickets on this match. Legia's board sent an offer of 1400 tickets on this match for club from Bucharest and Rapid replied that they need only 200 tickets, and then replied again that they don't need tickets at all, because simply there was no buyers of it.

That's the reason of such good attendance on todays match (at this moment only the last 396 tickets are on sale), both guests sector and buffer sector between guest sector and others have been opened for Legia's fans. Legia has UEFA obligation to provide tickets for guests fans as any other club in European Cups, however Rapid resigned from own pool of tickets.

Maybe simply some part of Rapid's fans tried to come on stadium without official agreement?
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2011, 18:36
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedobrzeniec View Post
As far as I remember, I read yesterday that simply there was completely no Rapid's fans interest in buying tickets on this match. Legia's board sent an offer of 1400 tickets on this match for club from Bucharest and Rapid replied that they need only 200 tickets, and then replied again that they don't need tickets at all, because simply there was no buyers of it.

That's the reason of such good attendance on todays match (at this moment only the last 396 tickets are on sale), both guests sector and buffer sector between guest sector and others have been opened for Legia's fans. Legia has UEFA obligation to provide tickets for guests fans as any other club in European Cups, however Rapid resigned from own pool of tickets.

Maybe simply some part of Rapid's fans tried to come on stadium without official agreement?
So Rapid refused the tickets according to the Polish media.

Apparently 62 of the ~160 fans have gotten tickets... They also say Rapid's president refused to attend an official event due to the situation.... Anyway, the way Romanian clubs are ran it wouldn't surprise me that Rapid refused the tickets and then made a big deal about not having tickets.

Thanks for the answer

Apparently Rapid's 3rd GK is starter today. I think that as long as Legia attacks, they'll win.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2011, 09:58 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Legia Warszawa - PSV Eindhoven 0:3 (0:1)

The first 20 minutes were pretty promising by Legia, they created some goal situations using quite creative passing football, they tried to play close the PSV's footballers, with high pressing on the PSV's half of the pitch, but then thanks to two terrible mistakes in defence the Duch team scored goal or to be precise, Legia's footballer Zewlakow scored own goal. And PSV were controlling the result untill the halftime quite calmly, after this unlucky situation.

The second half again started pretty good for Legia, they press the PSV a bit and made two really good situations to equalize. But again, after quite good over a dozen minutes Legia's goalie commit a really stupid foul in the penalty box (the PSV footballer passed the ball rather too close to finish off this situation) and red card together with the goal from penalty kick simply ended this game. Then the match ended and PSV were controlling the game with total ease, even if Legia created another situations, the score was 3:0 for rivals after another counterattack.

Or rather the match would be ended for Legia, if not Wolski's show afer he came on the pitch. This young guy has incredible potential, they made a lot of wind in the PSV's defence and one of his trick reminds the Zizou from his best times. Unfortunately there's no a video of this trick in the internet yet, but here you are highlights of one from the Wolski's matches in the Polish league:

...or his goal against Widzew (from 3:47):

...or his winning goal against German U-20 team:

What's the most optimistic for Legia and also for the whole Polish football after this game, the single footballers which gave the impression, that they'll be able to achieve the PSV's footballers quality someday, were exactly Wolski and Zyro, the first alumni of the Legia's Football Academy. I'm totally sure that especially Wolski will be at least footballer Lewandowski's class soon.

And there's at least another four footballers in 16-18 age in the Legia's Młoda Ekstraklasa's team (which plays in the Polish U-21 league). The 16 years old Jagiello is apparently absolutely the most talented footballer from all which they've had, according to the coaches of Legia's Football Academy of course.

There's also the one fact, which works on Legia's footballers excuse. Wawrzyniak played 30 matches in current season, Rybus 29, Borysiuk 27, Ljuboja 24, Zyro 24, Komorowski 24, Zewlakow 24, Vrdoljak 23, Jędrzejczyk 23, Radovic 22. There's a HUGE dose of play for the footballers, which are physically accustomed rather to the Polish football reality. They've lost the last league match 0:1, now 0:3 against PSV...there's visible they simply caught a breath at the end of autumn, after several really good months for them.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2011, 15:54 Thread Starter
Premier Player

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:11
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
Shitty Slask Wroclaw got trashed at home 0:3 by Helsingborg and subsequently lost any chance it had to advance further in CL qualifiers.

What's up with these shitty Polish clubs? No one's willing to invest any money into them and it shows. Slask made no major reinforcements, in fact it lost several key players.

What were they thinking?

If you're shitty scared little twat who's afraid of making expenses, then never expect you will earn anything.

**** you Slask and **** Polish football. It's been 16 years since a Polish club played in Champions League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:32
Xtratime Legend

Yeah embarrassing, I looked at their starting XI and just thought there's no way they will do anything. Would have been better if Legia, Wisla or Lech won the league, at least their line-ups are a bit stronger and they'd probably make a reinforcement or two.

Also been a bit unlucky with tough draws over the years in my opinion.

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:57
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
Look at their defending - disgrace:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:03
Xtratime Legend

LOL at the guy's attempted pass on the first goal.

alm:

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in