Slask Wroclaw - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2011, 00:18 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Slask Wroclaw

They play Dundee Utd in a Europa League qualifier on Thurday. I know they finished second in their league but for someone who watches no Polish football that tells me very little.

Any Polish posters have any info on this side?

What's the standard like in Poland?

How has their pre-season gone?

Have they lost any important players?

Have they made any good signings?

What's their expectation going into Europe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2011, 01:06 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

It seems they signed Holland's top scorer Johan Voskamp.

Any Dutch members know much about this guy?

Getting Holland's top scorer seems quite a coup but I do wonder why none of the bigger Dutch clubs went for him.

EDIT: It was the Dutch second tier he finished top scorer in.
post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2011, 05:21
Ne oprastam
Legend

Teams: Serbia,Red Star
Miodrag Krivokapic!

Ој Крајино ноћас си далеко, ал знај добро на те мисли неко!

post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2011, 13:09
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla
They don't sale anyone and buy few players. The biggest transfer is Voskamp. Slask is very defensive team, and have lots of tall and strong players. Lots of goals from free kicks (shots but mostly crossings). The best players Mila (playmaker), Diaz(striker) and their solid defens. In pre-season games only wins, few of them with good teams (2-1 against Croatia champion Dinamo, 1-0 against Slovakia champion Slovan, 7-0 agains NK Nafta from Slovenia, 1-0 against NK Inter from Croatia, 1-0 against Varaždin also from Croatia)

"And it is untruth, that roof leaked, especially, that it did not rain almost."
post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2011, 15:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

according cumulative voting of fans after each game, Slask´best players of previous season were

1. Marian Kelemen
2. Piotr Celeban
3. Waldemar Sobota
post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2011, 09:06
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowRangers View Post
What's their expectation going into Europe?
Let's face the truth, polish football is weak, our teams year by year are eliminated from CL&EL by such powers like Levadia Tallin, Irtysh Pavlodar, Qarabag Agdam, Dinamo Tbilisi, etc.

For another example Ruch Chorzow went through to the 3rd round in last season thanks to two draws and away goal in a duel with...Maltese team Valetta FC and I'd say Ruch was really similar team to Śląsk Wrocław both in playstyle and football quality domains then.

Our football is simply quite well wrapped shit and I would be much suprised if United doesn't cope with Wroclaw's team.
post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2011, 10:09
This is NOT Akhisar!
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray, Turkey, Eastern European Football
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo View Post
according cumulative voting of fans after each game, Slask´best players of previous season were

1. Marian Kelemen
2. Piotr Celeban
3. Waldemar Sobota
Sebastian Mila is their most creative player and mastermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
it's a guy who solves rubik's cubes while juggling...it's a traditional pastime in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyali_MUFC View Post

wrong. you dont know anything

you are like cloud which do lot of thundering but got no rain.

Understand, you better understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
Move over Aristotle, Piyali's arrived

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2011, 10:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt The Fries View Post
Sebastian Mila is their most creative player and mastermind.
I never said he isn´t.

They had excellent defense last season that´s probably why GK Kelemen took the most credit in fans voting.
post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2011, 18:13
Premier Player

Quote:
I never said he isn´t.

They had excellent defense last season that´s probably why GK Kelemen took the most credit in fans voting.
Yea, Kelemen is truely class goalie, no doubt their the best footballer.

The offensive play is currently only based on Mila's and Diaz's individual abilities, both are really decent footballers. Also Sobota is really talented offensive midfielder, but he's surely not physically ready to play on high level, his form is really unstable.

There's also Kazmierczak, who's quite rich experienced by playing on abroad, Kaz played e.g. in Boavista, FC Porto or Derby Country. He was really important part of their success in last season, with own great shoot from distance and head-playing, however he's currently injuried and he won't play against United.

Agreed with statement that ther defence is quite solid, but that well-functioning machine was totally based on great physical preparation of team by Lenczyk. And I really doubt he managed to prepare own team to the same extent now.

We'll see how they'll do tomorrow, but as I said - generally our football is doing really great progress in - let's say - organizational and infrastructural domains, however the sport level is still on really really low standard and there's no any progress in this domain, that fact was proved by Jagiellonia, who've lost in EL 1st round again totally hopeless team as is Irtysh Pavlodar (5th in Kazakh league table)...
post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2011, 20:18
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedobrzeniec View Post
Let's face the truth, polish football is weak, our teams year by year are eliminated from CL&EL by such powers like Levadia Tallin, Irtysh Pavlodar, Qarabag Agdam, Dinamo Tbilisi, etc.

For another example Ruch Chorzow went through to the 3rd round in last season thanks to two draws and away goal in a duel with...Maltese team Valetta FC and I'd say Ruch was really similar team to Śląsk Wrocław both in playstyle and football quality domains then.
Lech Poznan did well in the Europa Cup where they were eliminated by eventual finalists from Portugal...
post #11 of 92 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 08:01
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suho View Post
Lech Poznan did well in the Europa Cup where they were eliminated by eventual finalists from Portugal...
Lech Poznan is only 1/16 of Polish league. That's nice story, but they're surely not a measure of our football quality. It's only a typical raisin, which achieved success on very ambitious attitude and completely different posture of their rivals. And if not their points to ranking, our league would be around 35 place in Europe, that's a reality...
post #12 of 92 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 10:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

polish footie booms its not even funny. New stadiums, nice attendances, growing revenues. Top 10 european league within 5-7 years. Your future is bright mate.
post #13 of 92 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 11:38
Premier Player

Quote:
polish footie booms its not even funny. New stadiums, nice attendances, growing revenues. Top 10 european league within 5-7 years. Your future is bright mate.
That all look really good only on paper. Because behind all of this there's no progress in sport level, quality of football academies etc. And despite appearances more and more teams have financial problems, Legia's owner want to sell the team, Wisła's chairman totally cut financial expenses on the football and they give the money on new signings only from the money which Wisla earned for own sold footballers.

Lech Poznan decided to cut all the money on new transfers, they have huge budget hole because of lack of playing in Europe. They really want to sell Stilic, Krivets etc. but...there's nobody who want to buy them.

Teams like Gornik Zabrze, Cracovia Krakow, Ruch Chorzow, Widzew Lodz have debt row from 2 to 7 mln. euros. GKS Belchatow's budget is year by year lowered. LKS Lodz & Podbeskidzie apparently don't have any debt, but their budgets is max. around 2-3 mln. euros.

And especially Korona Kielce's situation is simply dramatical, they have no strategical sponsor, they try to sold all from their most expensive footballers and play next season using the young footballers.

Only Slask and Lechia look developing really decent as their possibilities, but they have no football quality currently, even on Lech's or Wisla's scale.

Obviously potential of our football is still really huge, as you said even on the Top 10 of Europe, but without financial expenses on schooling young footballers the real progres won't be possible. And that's question of next 10-15 years, surely not next 3-5 years as I thought until recently...
post #14 of 92 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 11:57 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Star Player

Wiki says Slask have built a new 42k stadium. I rememer Poznan also had a decent stadium against City.

Are clubs now being bought over by rich owners?
post #15 of 92 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 12:29
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
No, there is an upcoming Euro Cup in Poland in case you forgot.
post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 12:49
Premier Player

Quote:
Wiki says Slask have built a new 42k stadium.

Quote:
Are clubs now being bought over by rich owners?
Slask's owner is the second richest Pole, but he doesn't give milions on football like Ahmedov or Abramovitch. However thanks to him they have assured financial liquidity and not that small transfer budget, they manage to buying footballers which cost around 500.000 - 700.000 euros.

Quote:
I rememer Poznan also had a decent stadium against City.
All stadiums in Poland are financed from cities budgets, with almost zero contribution of club's chairmans and sponsors. Here u are some of my summaries of new stadiums constructions in Poland:

Over 10.000 capacity (from April 2011):
https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpo...3&postcount=25

Under 10.000 capacity (from June 2011):
https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpo...8&postcount=85
post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 13:58
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedobrzeniec View Post
Not a fan of a lot of the modern stadia but that's very nice with the shade and all.

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 14:02
Xtratime Legend

Wouldn't be a time to be picky I think and settle down I said I like that particular stadium.

post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 14:06
World Class Player

You said that you don't like modern stadiums tho.. that was more "modern stadium" general comment
post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 14:10
Xtratime Legend

Well I don't, I think many of them are very generic and soulless.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in