Polish football - Page 3 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #41 of 61 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2010, 07:40
Rising Star

Teams: Trabzonspor
Niedobrzeniec

Thanks a lot mate. I just want to ask 1 more thing. We got 3 fighter central backs in our squad and what we need is exactly a smart commanding central back whom can play with ball, i mean good at technique. Do you believe that Glowacki is capable to command defence? Btw a Polish journalist described him as "Polish John Terry" for a Turkish newspaper

Oops i forgot ask one thing more, Is it possible to watch Poland first division game summaries? I couldn't find any stream yet. I've found a page broadcasting goals but nothing more.

liginefendisi

Last edited by trapzone; June 7th, 2010 at 08:09.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2010, 09:18
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapzone View Post
Niedobrzeniec

Thanks a lot mate. I just want to ask 1 more thing. We got 3 fighter central backs in our squad and what we need is exactly a smart commanding central back whom can play with ball, i mean good at technique. Do you believe that Glowacki is capable to command defence? Btw a Polish journalist described him as "Polish John Terry" for a Turkish newspaper
Głowacki surely is not a CD with good technique, he usually chooses the simplest ways to stop rival and sometimes his unnecessary long balls ahead are really annoying me, especially when I'm watching our NT's matches, even if he's doing it less and less. But I must say he also fulfils in Wisła the commanding of the whole defensive play's role very well, true mainstay of Krakow's team's defence. And "Polish Terry" titre describes his playstyle really really well I think Oh, I read today in polish site his transfer is only question of time, it's pity for Wisła, because he's true legend of this club...But he surely deserves to play in better league. And that's also a chance for Wisła to make own squad a little bit younger, I hope they'll buy Kamil Glik on Głowacki's replacement because he should go to really good team where he'll have a possibility to developing own huge potential.

Quote:
Oops i forgot ask one thing more, Is it possible to watch Poland first division game summaries? I couldn't find any stream yet. I've found a page broadcasting goals but nothing more.
http://ekstraklasa.tv/ekstraklasa/0,91668.html

^^
Here you are a goals, highlights and other videos from Ekstraklasa. There was also a great forum with all Ekstraklasa's full matches, but 10.06.2010 will be a last day for this forum in the internet

http://sport-video.pl/forum/190-ekstraklasa/
post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2010, 13:15
Rising Star

Niedobrzeniec

Thanks a lot mate, you really helped a lot

liginefendisi

post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2010, 23:30
Premier Player

Teams: Legia Warsaw & Poland
0:6 to Spain. Well, that's the current level of our young talents.

Luckily, football is a kind of a game in which the strength of a team doesn't equal the sum of skills of its players. For the moment Spain has brilliant players AND a team. We have nothing. In two years' time we need to have a team at least

Xtratime Champions Cup 2004/05 winner
post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2010, 22:27
Premier Player

Teams: Legia Warsaw & Poland
Lewandowski has finally completed his move to Dortmund.

Good for him and for Polish NT too. As examples of Smolarek and Blaszczykowski show, Borussia is a good team to develop into a better player.

Xtratime Champions Cup 2004/05 winner
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 06:55
Rising Star

And looks like we got Arka Glowacki He'll be at Trabzon this evening. I hope his international career will start good. We have got 2 Polish players in the past. Szmek and Jacek Cyzio. Both of them were solid players. Hope Arka will make his mark too.

liginefendisi
post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2010, 00:25
Premier Player

Quote:
And looks like we got Arka Glowacki He'll be at Trabzon this evening. I hope his international career will start good. We have got 2 Polish players in the past. Szmek and Jacek Cyzio. Both of them were solid players. Hope Arka will make his mark too.
I'd say Głowacki is cast in the same mould as Szymek, similar character and solidity Hopefully he'll get some other experience through the playing in better league and Trabzonspor give our NT even better Głowacki than he's now :smileani: Especially he's the best candidate on experienced CD in our team, especially because of our huge problems with defensive line.
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2010, 09:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
BTW what's up with our old friend, Dudek?

will he stay at Real Madrid?

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2010, 09:41
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
BTW what's up with our old friend, Dudek?

will he stay at Real Madrid?
Yep, he'll be still Casillas backup during the next season
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2010, 02:24
Rookie

Teams: Poland & Polonia Warszawa
So Lech tops group A in the Europa League after two matches. Does anyone think they can pull it of and actually qualify for the next round?
post #51 of 61 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2010, 02:34
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Man City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishsoccer View Post
So Lech tops group A in the Europa League after two matches. Does anyone think they can pull it of and actually qualify for the next round?
dont think you guys will beat city, especially since we are getting some players back from injuries
post #52 of 61 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2010, 20:36
Premier Player

Teams: Arsenal, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, PL NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBlue View Post
dont think you guys will beat city, especially since we are getting some players back from injuries
lol ohhhhhhhhhh 3-1 biaaaaaatch lol
post #53 of 61 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2011, 22:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Rob Maaskant gave a positive interview about himself and Polish football in general in last weeks VI, so people like him I take in Krakow?

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #54 of 61 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2011, 23:24
Premier Player

Quote:
Rob Maaskant gave a positive interview about himself and Polish football in general in last weeks VI, so people like him I take in Krakow?
Generally Maaskant did great work in last months in Krakow. He's got a team which was in dark deep ass, lower than the bottom, the team which was totally ruined by two totally embarrasing knock-outs from European Cups (Levadia Tallin & Quarabag Agdam...) and also ruined indirectly by the selling own best footballers without buying anybody worth mentioning. Additionally the team was also terrible physically prepared to the season by the former coach Henryk Kasperczak.

Despite huge adversity Maaskant started own work from trying to catch up the physically lacks of Wisła's footballers and it cause Wisła ended the autumn on second place in league table, even if it looked totally impossible to achieve when Robert came to Kraków. Now it's time of totally rebuilding of Wisła's squad and we'll see how they'll look like in the spring matches, after the two months with calm training with Maaskant.

Anyway his words about Ekstraklasa is rather a kind courtesy, our best teams would be around 5-6 place in Eredivisie. Only positive thing is that league is really equal, except Cracovia rest teams have been showing similar level of football, so with connection with better and better infrastructure, it makes this...quite average product, as is Ekstraklasa, really interesting thing to watch I'd say.

Lech shows quite unexpected level of football in EL because that's single team from our league which have reasonable, stable personal politics - they have the strict rule that they can't sell more than one important footballer in each transfer window, only for quite huge amount of money. This thing makes that big difference between team from Poznan and the rest of Ekstraklasa's clubs. Unfortunately Wisła and Legia showed really minimalist, shortsighted look on directing of club in last time, but seems it can change itself in next 2-3 years. We're surely able to possess three or four teams which would be showing regulary the Lech's level of football in Europe.
post #55 of 61 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Thanks for the extended reply. Would be nice to see Polish sides do well in Europe. It's getting a bit boring with the same old sides in the CL and Europa League.

How do you rate Radoslaw Matusiak btw? he looked promising for the NT before he went to Palermo and Heerenveen later, he seemed to completely lose it. What went wrong? just not so good or something silly like becoming an alcoholic, gambler etc?

post #56 of 61 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:40
Premier Player

Quote:
Thanks for the extended reply. Would be nice to see Polish sides do well in Europe. It's getting a bit boring with the same old sides in the CL and Europa League.
I'm sure that's only question of time when our teams will be doing better in EL & CL. Unfortunately we don't have as large amounts of money from oligarchs as Russia or Ukraine already have, so our progress must be more gradual. But I can't imagine that with those several world class stadiums our league won't jump to TOP15 of UEFA Ranking in next years at least. Especially that Lech's already showed how the rest teams should earning nice money by the playing in ECups - each match in Poznan was played with full capacity 42.000, even if tickets was not cheap.

Quote:
How do you rate Radoslaw Matusiak btw? he looked promising for the NT before he went to Palermo and Heerenveen later, he seemed to completely lose it. What went wrong? just not so good or something silly like becoming an alcoholic, gambler etc?
He was simply not so good. All from his good shape in 2005-2007 years was a huge merit of Orest Lenczyk, the GKS Belchatow coach in this times, who's well known from great physical preparation of own footballers wherever he was - e.g. current good end of round by Śląsk Wrocław is also his merit, before Lenczyk came to Wrocław they earned only 4 points in 7 games and after that their score was 16 points in next 9 games.

And both Matusiak and Garguła, another "star" from those good for Belchatow times, achieved top of own possibilities exactly thanks to Lenczyk's physical preparation. Earlier Matusiak was mr nobody in PL's football untill he was 24, so it's difficult to say he was great talent or something like that. Their strongest side was exactly physical combining his tall height and strength with good pace and agility - it makes from unknown guy from our league a nice playing striker. And he went to Palermo he completely lost that, it seems that lost that for ever. But that's all, he had no problems with alcohol or something like that - he's even well know from play the stock market and generally from investing a money, that's why he even wanted to end own football career after his adventure in Wisła Kraków.

Totally different situation is with Lewandowski, who surely has that divine spark, but if he doesn't improve his goalscoring in simple situations (like yesterday), he'll be only another Valdez...

BTW what could you say about Stan Valckx & Robert Maaskant duo? How's general opinion about they in Netherlands?
post #57 of 61 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2011, 20:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

dream continues

Lech v Braga 1-0

post #58 of 61 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2011, 13:40
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoo View Post
dream continues

Lech v Braga 1-0

It was obviously really good score for Lech, but there's still some uncertainty, because the quality of pitch on Lech's stadium was simply horrible, probably the worst from all Ekstraklasa's stadiums, so there was a lot of fortuity in this match. We'll see today how Lech will look on the well-prepared pitch, in Braga's stronghold, that'll be real test of team worth for them.

I'd love to see them against Liverpool, especially there's less and less probable Lech'll play in European cups in next season...So it seems that's the last chance to gain some points to national ranking from them now.
post #59 of 61 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2012, 05:17
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Can anyone tell me how Aleksandar Todorovski has performed in his first season in Poland?

Is he a regular and also has he been putting in any good performances?

Polonia are doing very well this season i see.
post #60 of 61 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2012, 10:15
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla
Fighter with no skills.

"And it is untruth, that roof leaked, especially, that it did not rain almost."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in