Euro 2008: Poland v Croatia 16/06 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2008, 12:25 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Lech Poznan, Liverpool FC, Holland
Euro 2008: Poland v Croatia 16/06

I'm afraid we're looking for a consolation win in this one. Despite Austria showing some potential in previous games, I simply don't see them winning over Germany, no matter how motivated they are. Also, basing on what we've done so far in this tournament, defeating Croatia (even if they play without their usual starters) is likely only if we improve siginificantly.

I expect the following eleven: Boruc - Wasilewski, Bak, Zewlakow, Golanski - Saganowski, Dudka, Lewandowski, Krzynowek - Roger - Smolarek.

Is there any hope for us? Sure, miracles happen in football.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2008, 14:15
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla
We have nothing to lose, we must play with think that Austria just won agaist Germany. Some changes in defence must be so my squad for this game is:
Boruc-Wawrzyniak, Zewlakow, Kokoszka, Golanski- Smolarek, Dudka, Lewandowski, Lobodzinski - Roger - Saganowski

Jop and Bak are the slowest defenders in all tournament, so i want to se young guy Kokoszka. Wawrzyniak our only left defender why is he doesn't playing? Golanski is better than Wasilewski who only know what is fouling. Left winger - we have only krzynowek who lay really ba so maybe Smolarek will play there. Rest the same. Saganowski like a striker.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2008, 22:20
Premier Player

Teams: Legia Warsaw & Poland
I also see our victory over Croatia more likely than Austria beating Germany, still very unlikely

When a team is on form, all goes well. Contrary when it's off form. Four years ago on-form Czech Rep. fielded many reserve players against off-form Germany. The Germans needed a victory, but lost 1:2.

My team: Boruc - Wawrzyniak, Bak, Zewlakow, Golanski - Krzynowek, Dudka, Lewandowski, Lobodzinski, Roger - Smolarek

Xtratime Champions Cup 2004/05 winner

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2008, 02:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Croatia using their reserves, only three starters from the Germany match will play
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2008, 03:13
Premier Player

Teams: Celtic
The tournament ends in defeat for Poland, pity but i hope you guys have some good up and coming young players ready to break through in time for 2010 WC or at least the next Euros in 2012.

The Poles just didn't have enough quality to make an impact in the tournament this time, which is a bit surprising considering some of the results achieved during the qualification process itself. In saying that though i suspect Celtic will need a miracle to hang onto King Artur now after his showings.

The Celtic Football Club - 1888
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2008, 04:57
Star Player

Teams: Hrvatska,Bayern Munchen
I have great respect for the Polish NT, Nation, and People. One of my favorite teams and nations on this planet. It was an entertaining game today and i look forward to watching you kick ass in world cup qualifying.

Cheers!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2008, 10:06
Premier Player

Teams: Legia Warsaw & Poland
Thank you guys

We all knew our players didn't have the quality to impress Europe, but we were hoping to see them all fit, extremely well physically prepared and mentally motivated and eager to prove our qualifying campaign victory was legitimate.

Unfortunately, our key players were injured or underperformed, and most players lacked pace, strength and self-confidence.

It took Leo a lot of time to build his team, but when the tournament came, the construction just collapsed.

Normally Poland's NT is a pain in the ass for anybody, here we were only a bunch of pushovers.

Too bad but it's not the end of the world

I'm pretty sure we're gonna qualify for South Africa 2010.

Xtratime Champions Cup 2004/05 winner
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2008, 19:21
Star Player

Teams: Hrvatska,Bayern Munchen
No doubt. Looking at the group, I can see Poland going undefeated throughout qualifying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in