Looking at the future - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2008, 23:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Looking at the future

Ok this Euro campaign's basically nearing an end barring a miracle but more importantly will we be seeing some real improvement of quality in the next campaign or two.

Obviously missing Blaszczykowski is a big blow and Jelen is a handy player too but is there enough upcoming quality to get rid of journeymen (with all respect) like Marek Saganovski who I still remember from his time at Feyenoord lol and what to think of Mariusz Jop (WTF? )?!

How highly do you rate the young kid at CSKA Moscow? would he be an improvement over Zurawski in international level?

and obviously more worryingly the centre backs..

btw one of the main stars at Feyenoords academy currently is a Polish kid called Michael Janotta who's a midfielder. Still very young and always risky to say anything but he's standing out in our u18 youth team for sure

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2008, 08:40
Premier Player

Teams: Legia Warsaw & Poland
We're an average team without any great names, but there are experienced players and some young talents in our football, so we shouldn't just go down.

Our WC 2010 group (Czech Rep., Northern Ireland, Slovakia, Slovenia, San Marino) and hosting 2012 Euro give us hope of revolving round top class football in the nearest future, which is a thing of great importance.

As for players, central defence is a disaster. Best defenders playing in Poland are foreigners, it says a lot. I have no idea what to do about it. More Rogers?

We need to find a new backbone of NT. Of course it doesn't mean Zewlakow, Krzynowek or Zurawski should be immediately got rid of, but we can't rely on them as much as we used to.

Xtratime Champions Cup 2004/05 winner
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2008, 10:49
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla
First Leo should go away. We are bad prepare conditional, our deffence is the weakest in this tournament so why we are playing by offside traps? Our set pieces is like gives oponnents free ball. Selection was very bad. From 23 players we have maybe 15 players who can play cous rest is even worse. In left defence play first match right defender next center defender. Krzynowek is dissaster but we don't have anyone to change him. Becous selection was crap.

For the future out: Krzynowek, Zurawski (there time is over), Bak (he should't play long time ago).
Too weak is Wasilewski, Jop.

In future: Brozek, Jelen, Glowacki -> this guys should be now in Austria
from young Majewski, maybe Kowalczyk from Dinamo Moscow (he is left defender),
The biggest problem is in defence cous we don't have good young players at this possition.
I hope that Obraniak will be big strange for us.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2008, 10:53
Premier Player

Teams: Legia Warsaw & Poland
Leo made mistakes, but I don't think he should go. Who deserves another chance more than him?

As for our players, Bak should go definitely. Zewlakow can still play in central defence, absolutely no need to get rid of him. I think Krzynowek and Zurawski shouldn't be considered as 1st team starters any more, more of a quality replacement.

Lewandowski failed as hell (reminds me of Kaluzny's 2002 case), same goes to Lobodzinski and Smolarek, but sh*t happens. Better luck next time, hopefully.

The main problem now is two positions - central defence and lone striker. Smolarek should probably be moved to left wing, where he could change positions with Roger. There is life without Krzynowek, we beat Portugal with him only as a sub.

This is Poland in autumn, as I see us

--------------------- Boruc ---------------------------

Golanski ------- ? ------- Zewlakow ---------- Bronowicki

-------------- Lewandowski --- Dudka -----------------

Blaszczykowski ------- Roger --------------- Smolarek

----------------------- ? ------------------------------

CB can't be Glowacki, I can't see him here after what Leo said (that he's too slow both in legs and mind).

Matusiak would be perfect as CF, but not totally and desperately off-form Matusiak...

Xtratime Champions Cup 2004/05 winner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in