Euro 2008 Preparations Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2008, 17:07 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Euro 2008 Preparations Thread

Since there's not much interest I decided to create one thread for all upcoming friendlies (one to rule them all).

Polska v Cesko (06.02. Cyprus, 8.30)

Poland:

Artur Boruc (Celtic Glasgow), Łukasz Fabiański (Arsenal Londyn);

Marcin Wasilewski (Anderlecht Bruksela), Marcin Kuś (Kolporter Korona Kielce), Mariusz Jop (FK Moskwa), Jacek Bąk (Austria Wiedeń), Michał Żewłakow (Olympiakos Pireus), Tomasz Lisowski (Widzew Łódź), Grzegorz Bronowicki (Crvena Zvezda Belgrad), Jakub Wawrzyniak (Legia Warszawa);

Rafał Murawski (Lech Poznań), Dariusz Dudka (Wisła Kraków), Mariusz Lewandowski (Szachtar Donieck), Wojciech Łobodziński (Zagłębie Lubin), Radosław Majewski (Groclin Dyskobolia Grodzisk Wlkp.), Jacek Krzynówek (VfL Wolfsburg), Euzebiusz Smolarek (Racing Santander), Kamil Grosicki (Legia Warszawa).

Tomasz Zahorski (Górnik Zabrze), Maciej Żurawski (Larissa), Artur Wichniarek (Arminia Bielefeld).

Last edited by maior; February 6th, 2008 at 17:21.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2008, 21:42
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla
We won over Czech rep. 2-0 (Lobodzinski, Lewandowski). Very good first half, all second half we were at defence but our rivales don't have many chances.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2008, 22:25 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Wichniarek didn't convince me..again.

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2008, 22:31
Premier Player

Teams: Czech Rep Nat, Sparta Praha, Chelsea, Moldavia
This Polish team reminds me of Greece of 2004. Very well coached with good team defense. I've watches some qualifiers and this match, and eventhough the team looked second best to their opponents like tonight they still won the game. Could be a slipper in Euros IMO, I can see them advancing from Group B along with Germany
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2008, 23:20
Rising Star

Teams: Poland, Lechia Gdansk
Sorry, but Poland did not look "second best" to the Czechs today. Especially not in the first half, where Poland was easily the dominant team. In the second, while the Czechs had an optical advantage, it still did not matter, becasue virtually all of their attacks were stopped before a dangerous shot was taken - they resembled a chicken running without its head. It is likely that this was because of the absence of Brueckner or Rosicky, but that still doesn't matter: Poland was the better team today, and not just in the scoreline.

European Championships here we come!
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 01:09
Premier Player

Teams: Arsenal, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, PL NT
Great success for Poland NT team so far!
Whats next?
Any news, transfers, rumors?
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 01:29
Premier Player

Teams: Czech Rep Nat, Sparta Praha, Chelsea, Moldavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoga
Sorry, but Poland did not look "second best" to the Czechs today. Especially not in the first half, where Poland was easily the dominant team. In the second, while the Czechs had an optical advantage, it still did not matter, becasue virtually all of their attacks were stopped before a dangerous shot was taken - they resembled a chicken running without its head. It is likely that this was because of the absence of Brueckner or Rosicky, but that still doesn't matter: Poland was the better team today, and not just in the scoreline.
Well from my point of view they were, and if you look at match statistics you will find a similar story. And to say that Poles were dominant is outright ridicilous. Great goal by Lewandowski and poor Koller PK were the difference. Poland played smart and efficient football and punished opponent for their mistakes. Czech team was better in technical ability and in terms of generating chances, but was unable to put quality shots on net
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 09:48
Rising Star

Teams: Poland
Good first half, and boring but smart second. We score 2 goals early in the game so the match had no chance to be entertaining. Pity we were defending hole 2nd half, it was friendly game so they should have attack more. But good they were able to to stay with clean sheet.
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 12:26
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Czech Republic - Poland
[mot]x4aslx[/mot]
INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH, 2008

Czech Republic 0, Poland 2 – in Larnaca, Cyprus
Half Time: 0-2
Goals: 6th Lobodzinski, 29th Lewandowski
• Jan Koller missed a 32nd-minute penalty
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 16:21 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris14
This Polish team reminds me of Greece of 2004. Very well coached with good team defense. I've watches some qualifiers and this match, and eventhough the team looked second best to their opponents like tonight they still won the game. Could be a slipper in Euros IMO, I can see them advancing from Group B along with Germany
I have to agree to some degree. Our team can be irritating to watch. Just like Greece =)

But still, you played rather bad.
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2008, 00:30
Premier Player

Matusiak makes Poland cut
Monday 11 February 2008
by Pawel Dimow

Radoslaw Matusiak is back in the Poland set-up (©Getty Images)

Poland coach Leo Beenhakker has named Ekstraklasa players only in his 18-man squad for the friendly against Estonia on 27 February.

Matusiak inclusion
An exclusively home-based selection features 26-year-old striker Radosław Matusiak, who has just returned to the Polish league by joining leaders Wisła Kraków on loan from SC Heerenveen. Matusiak and Górnik Zabrze midfielder Konrad Gołoś, 25, are the only players involved who missed this month's Cyprus friendlies against Finland and the Czech Republic – games that were won 1-0 and 2-0 respectively.

Small squad
"The regulations allow only six substitutions for a friendly and that is why I have picked a squad of 18. The Ekstraklasa-based Dariusz Dudka, Wojciech Łobodziński and Rafał Murawski are not selected as they are tried-and-tested players who have shown they can play at international level. I would like to give a chance to other young players," Beenhakker said. The match will be staged in Wronki.

Poland squad
Goalkeepers: Sebastian Przyrowski (Groclin Grodzisk Wielkopolski), Bartosz Fabiniak (Widzew Łódź).

Defenders: Adam Kokoszka (Wisła Kraków), Marcin Kuś (Korona Kielce), Tomasz Lisowski (Widzew Łódź), Michał Pazdan (Górnik Zabrze), Mariusz Pawelec (Górnik Zabrze), Jakub Wawrzyniak (Legia Warszawa).

Midfielders: Łukasz Garguła (GKS Bełchatów), Michał Goliński (Zagłębie Lubin), Konrad Gołoś (Górnik Zabrze), Kamil Grosicki (Legia Warszawa), Piotr Kuklis (Widzew Łódź), Radosław Majewski (Groclin Grodzisk Wielkopolski), Marek Zieńczuk (Wisła Kraków).

Forwards: Radosław Matusiak (Wisła Kraków), Dawid Nowak (GKS Bełchatów), Tomasz Zahorski (Górnik Zabrze).

©uefa.com 1998-2008. All rights reserved.
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2008, 06:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
How Matusiak did ? Does somebody got a video of the game ?
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2008, 11:39 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobal klub View Post
How Matusiak did ? Does somebody got a video of the game ?
He scored

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EzxB3FNIKD0

but also missed a sitter.

The score was 2-0.

He's very likely to go to Euro, Leo complimented him after the game.
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:58
Premier Player

We still got a few more friendlies before the Euro's, so I hope that helps us well.
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2008, 03:03
Premier Player

Tomasz Zahorski scrored againts Estonia and in a league game against Ruch Chorzow(who won anyway). Wonder if hes improving, or will be good enough for Euros.
Anyway, does anyone have an account with www.polishsoccer.com? I for some reason have difficulty getting in there. Oh well.
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2008, 02:24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablome View Post
Tomasz Zahorski scrored againts Estonia and in a league game against Ruch Chorzow(who won anyway). Wonder if hes improving, or will be good enough for Euros.
Anyway, does anyone have an account with www.polishsoccer.com? I for some reason have difficulty getting in there. Oh well.
i have an account there, i am deyna199

what is the problem, i can pm the mods for you if its a technical issue. later.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2008, 02:52
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2793d View Post
i have an account there, i am deyna199

what is the problem, i can pm the mods for you if its a technical issue. later.
well I think whenever I try to make an account,-which i tried twice I think- you obiously need to give them an email to activate it. I did try that with two email(gmail n hotmail) but never dont think was able to get the email for an activation link or did it ever let me in.
I think I tried user names such as pablome and pablome69
But duno if theyv been erased by now...since I havnt activated them?
Well thanks if you could help me out cuz this forum isnt too busy for Polish football, compared to the real one-specific one unfortunatly.
It would be nice to see more Poles here too cuz there is already a big diversity here in a way.
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2008, 05:54
Rookie

i registered there with my hotmail account so i do not think that is the problem. What sometimes happens though is that when you register for a site like Polishsoccer.com, the confirmation email gets sent to your junkmail folder on hotmail. i would try to register again, try with your regular hotmail account first....but you may need to with a new hotmail account as your original one is probably burned now on the site --> it may say they already have a user by that account since you already attempted to register once.

with respect to getting more Poles on here, i dont think it will happen in great numbers. i like xtra but only come on here to get info on opposition and other fans perspective. Polishsoccer.com is mainly for our own really, although everyone is welcome.....its just already has a big group of Polish regulars on there that arent keen on switching probably......its a good forum that is very active.
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2008, 18:39 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Back on the topic.

Polish players from Ekstraklasa v Foreign players from Ekstraklasa.

Squads:

Poland
Wojciech Kowalewski (Kolporter Korona Kielce), Sebastian Przyrowski (Groclin Dyskobolia Grodzisk Wlkp.)
Marcin Kuś (Kolporter Korona Kielce), Jakub Wawrzyniak (Legia Warszawa), Michał Pazdan, Mariusz Pawelec, Mariusz Magiera (wszyscy Górnik Zabrze), Grzegorz Bartczak (Zagłębie Lubin), Grzegorz Baran (Ruch Chorzów)
Radosław Majewski (Groclin Dyskobolia Grodzisk Wlkp.), Piotr Kuklis (Widzew Łódź), Adam Danch (Górnik Zabrze), Łukasz Garguła (PGE GKS Bełchatów), Michał Goliński, Robert Kolendowicz (obaj KGHM Zagłębie Lubin), Rafał Murawski (Lech Poznań), Grzegorz Bonin (Kolporter Korona Kielce), Jacek Krzynówek (VfL Wolfsburg)
Tomasz Zahorski (Górnik Zabrze)

Stranieri
Ján Mucha (Legia Warszawa), Emilian Ioan Dolha (Lech Poznań)
Radek Mynář (Dyskobolia Grodzisk Wielkopolski), Patrik Pavlenda (Górnik Zabrze), Iñaki Astiz Ventura (Legia Warszawa), Panče Ḱumbev (Dyskobolia Grodzisk Wielkopolski), Hernâni (Korona Kielce), Ivan Đurđević (Lech Poznań), Manuel Santos Arboleda Sánchez (Zagłębie Lubin)
Hermes (Korona Kielce), Aleksandar Vuković, Roger, Édson, Miroslav Radović (wszyscy Legia Warszawa), Roberto Mauro Cantoro (Wisła Kraków), Stefano Napoleoni (Widzew Łódź).
Ilijan Micanski (Odra Wodzisław Śląski), Carlos Yaír Costly Molina (GKS Bełchatów), Takesure Chinyama (Legia Warszawa), Vuk Sotirović (Jagiellonia Białystok), Andradina (Korona Kielce).

Unforunately only one Wisla Kraków player so it's not gonna be "all-star".

Last edited by maior; March 11th, 2008 at 22:44.
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2008, 22:44 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Poland 2: Gargula (GKS Belchatów), Wawrzyniak (Legia)
Foreign players 3: Arboleda (Columbia, Zaglebie Lubin), Ivanovski (Macedonia, Groclin Dyskobolia), Chinyama (Zimbabwe, Legia)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in