Lech Poznan thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 108 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2004, 12:00 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Lech Poznan, Liverpool FC, Holland
Lech Poznan thread

Lech Poznan deserves a separate thread, by all means!

Here is a place where you will find first-hand news, match reports and comments refering to "The Pride of Wielkopolska"

Basic information.
- founded in 1922
- honours:
Polish Championship: 1983, 1984, 1990, 1992, 1993
Polish Cup: 1982, 1984, 1988, 2004
Polish Super Cup: 1990, 1992, 2004
- colours: blue-white
- nickname: "Kolejorz"
- stadium: Lech Stadium (capacity: 28 500) - under reconstruction

First of all, I have to say that Lech is touched by serious financial troubles. In June 2003 the wealthiest man in Poland, Jan Kulczyk, declared his willingness to sponsor Lech but it has not been followed by any actions. Unfortunately, contrary to what the board members have claimed, they haven't had a "B" plan. As a result, the players are expressing their discontent louder and louder revealing 7-month period without being payed. I guess they get some basic wages though, otherwise they would have left Poznan already.

The current situation is, gently speaking, dull but I believe in early revival.

In about two months the official (weekly) magazine of Lech Poznan will appear (at least I hope so). Exclusively, I can present you the "zero" issue of it:
http://kolejorz.maroonpoint.com/gazeta/kolejorz+.pdf (the link may not be available after a few days).

Enjoy!

Sport aspect to follow

Last edited by kicker; June 4th, 2005 at 20:28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 108 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2004, 16:32
Premier Player

Teams: Legia Warsaw & Poland
At last Great idea to start this thread Kicker!
post #3 of 108 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2004, 16:36
Premier Player

Re: Lech Poznan thread

Quote:
Originally posted by kicker
Polish Championship: 1993
Now tell me, are you any proud of this one?

post #4 of 108 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2004, 23:24 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Prewitt
Now tell me, are you any proud of this one?
Not a complicated answer: we didn't ask for it. And I agree, there should not be a penalty without a prove, it's obvious. One way or the other, this title counts to statistics. As yet.

Tomorrow Lech is facing Kotwica Kolobrzeg at Bulgarska in a friendly game. Previous friendlies:

17.01 Gdansk
Gedania Gdansk - Lech Poznan 1:5
GOALS: Stachowiak 2, Madej, Grzelak, Lasocki.
Kaszuby Polchowo - Lech Poznan 1:3
GOALS: Mowlik, Slusarski, Buzala.
27.01 Grodzisk Wlkp.
Groclin Grodzisk - Lech Poznan 1:0
28.01 Szamotuly
Lech Poznan - Swit Nowy Dwor Maz. 0:0

BTW, the training camp in Turkey is under threat. Reason? No money. It's as simple as that
post #5 of 108 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2004, 09:45
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by kicker
Not a complicated answer: we didn't ask for it. And I agree, there should not be a penalty without a prove, it's obvious. One way or the other, this title counts to statistics. As yet.
Well Kicker, you should be diplomat And I was hoping for a good quarrel

Anyway, how about Slusarski and Kaczorowski? Are they leaving or not?
post #6 of 108 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2004, 14:56 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Well Kicker, you should be diplomat And I was hoping for a good quarrel
Nah, the fact I consider this decision groundless doesn't mean I'm for its change

Quote:
Anyway, how about Slusarski and Kaczorowski? Are they leaving or not?
You can expect every player to leave if the outstanding payment is not fixed... :depress: I won't be dissapointed if somebody is sold for a fair money. Just the opossite, I'm looking forward to any transfer!

Back to your question. Slusarski doesn't keep secret he is going to leave Lech. I had an opportunity to speak to him on Friday. He said that the transfer to Plock was the most probable. Kaczorowski, on the other hand, is in such bad form that I doubt anyone would like to buy him

OK, other news. Lech outplayed Kotwica Kolobrzeg on Saturday (4:3 ) with Rafal Grzelak scoring a hat-trick. Kotwica's keeper has his "merits" in the fourth goal for us The nearest friendlies has been announced:
- 07.02 -
Zaglebie Lubin
- 11.02 -
Victoria Wrzesnia
- 14.02 -
Lech/Sulma Zielona Gora

Defender Robert Mikolajczyk (Sandecja Nowy Sacz) is on a trial in Lech.
post #7 of 108 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2004, 20:05 Thread Starter
Premier Player

The transfer of Slusarski to Plock didn't go through... Either Mr Majchrzak were to greedy or Mr Dmoszynski tried to buy a talented striker for too little. One way or the other, it complicates our situation. The board is looking for the private sponsors for the players but is there anyone eager to cover the huge wages of Kaliszan, Bosacki, Kaczorowski? I don't think so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news. "Well informed person" has posted his comment on Lech Poznan forum saying Slusarski didn't go to Plock because someone (read: a sponsor) didn't want him to go.

Last edited by kicker; February 3rd, 2004 at 22:27.
post #8 of 108 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2004, 12:30 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Lech becoming a PLC? It's not a new idea but, if nothing changes soon, it'll be a necessity - an only way to save the club. Lech has 17 mln zl of debts, including 2.2 mln towards the players.

Piotr Reiss, Damian Nawrocik, Mariusz Mowlik and Zbigniew Zakrzewski are the first players to be payed by private sponors. It is rumoured that Kompania Piwowarska (brewing company, a part of Kulczyk's empire) takes Piotr Reiss under its wings

Latest friendlies:
07.01 Opalenica
Lech Poznan - Zaglebie Lubin 1:1
Goal: Slusarski.
07.01 Poznan
Lech Poznan (Lech II Poznan in fact) - Gwardia Koszalin 2:2
GOALS: Lukasik, Poprawa.
post #9 of 108 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2004, 13:07
Premier Player

Interesting concept

How about those cunning ones who threaten to leave the club unless their money is paid at once? Are you planning to find sponsors for those players or get rid of them somehow?
post #10 of 108 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2004, 14:29 Thread Starter
Premier Player

There are five "extremely unsatisfied" players: Lasocki, Kaczorowski, Kaliszan, Piatek and Scherfchen. Joining Lech, they jumped from the the frying pan into the fire (or from the fire into the fire as someone has already said ), because they haven't been given their due money either from their former clubs (Polonia/KSZO) or from Lech. If I were in their shoes, I wouldn't be content as well. The players and the board agreed a deadline - 20th February and most of the payments are expected to be settled untill this day. Otherwise...

To tell you the truth, I'd consider getting rid of some of those players as a minor evil. Kaliszan, for instance, could be replaced with success by Mowlik. Lasocki, Kaczorowski and Schrefchen are not impossible to replace either.

Where will we get the money from? Don't ask me. Radoslaw Majchrzak, the chairman, says something about a mysterious "group of friends". :rollani:
post #11 of 108 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2004, 21:44 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Blazej Telichowski is next player who is going to be payed by a private sponsor. Nota bene this young defender (19) is doing well in friendlies and he should get his first-team chance more often.

Last exhibition game:
11.02 Wrzesnia
Victoria Wrzesnia - Lech Poznan 0:6
Goals: Michal Golinski 2, Reiss 2, Telichowski, Zakrzewski.

Good performance by Golinski (2 goals & 2 assists in 45 minutes) draws my attention. Hopefully he will satisfy expectations of the local fans at last. In my view "Golina" will play along with Swierczewski in the centre of the midfield in spring.

Bartosz Slusarski is on trial with Groclin Dyskobolia. The decision regarding his possible transfer will be taken on Monday. By the way, according to the press speculations, Mr Drzymala could be one of these mysterious "friends" of Lech :rollani:

Arkadiusz Kaliszan will probably change Poznan for Lodz However he wants half of his money firstly.
post #12 of 108 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2004, 23:01
Premier Player

Kicker, has Golinski any potential? I never rated him high and I'm very surprised there are people who consider him to be a big talent. But maybe it's just that I don't watch him regularly...

Similar story with Slusarski. I can't believe they see him as a good replacement for Rasiak in Groclin

There are rumours in Warsaw that Legia is attempting to sign a contract with Lukasz Madej I'm not buying this news, however. I think he's the player that Lech will be desperate to prevent from leaving. And even if he does, I find it highly unlikely that he chose Legia.
post #13 of 108 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2004, 15:10 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Has Golinski any potential? Hm... Neither "Yes, evidently." nor "No, no way." response would be just. He is a very chimerical player, there is no question about it. On the other hand, he has a great game vision, his passing is excellent, but... only when he has a good day. If not, he is poor offensively and even worse defensively Besides, he makes lots of silly mistakes provoking oponnent's counter-attacks. He must awake. He must achieve football maturity at last.

Slusarski... another riddle. He is a master in wasting clear scoring opportunities. However, he is where the ball is. I believe he has a birght future ahead of him although I've lost many nerves watching him play

- First seats on the new stand are being installed:

- Fresh "zero" issue of the club magazine:
http://kolejorz.maroonpoint.com/gazeta/Hejlech!.pdf
Any thoughts?
post #14 of 108 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2004, 12:33
Star Player

Teams: Shakhtar Donetsk
My congratulations

I congatulate you on your yesterday's birthday and of course on the successful zero issue of the club magazine!! I wish you to live as many happy years as many wonderful coloured weeklies you will publish!! Niech zwycieza Lech Kolejorz.

AVISO

MAU HUMOR

CAI FORA
post #15 of 108 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2004, 15:20
Rising Star

Teams: Poland, Lechia Gdansk
Hey kicker, the link doesn't work But the stadium is looking very good!!

European Championships here we come!
post #16 of 108 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2004, 21:56 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Kostja - thanks

Smoga - if you (or anyone) want the file (~3MB), please give me your e-mail address

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A comment on Reiss' unrealized transfer to Wisla.

Our captain's behaviour is hard to understand. And although I didn't believe in a possibility of his transfer to the Polish title holder, I'm wondering what was the game he played for? Because the way he expressed his "thanks" for the offer (5-hour visit in Cracow) was highly uncommon. And stressful for most of Lech fans. He could have avoided that.

Last edited by kicker; February 21st, 2004 at 22:57.
post #17 of 108 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:33
Premier Player

I think that Reiss actually wanted to move to Wisla. And it's no surprise - more money (he is said to have been offered better contract than Zurawski!), and far better prospects for the future. I may not like him (and I don't ) but he isn't a fool.

I guess he just couldn't move. Something must have happened that made it impossible.

This whole talk of his devotion to Lech and of him wanting to say "thank you" to Wisla is rubbish.
post #18 of 108 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2004, 23:31
Rookie

Lech Poznan rules... Hi Kris!!!!
post #19 of 108 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2004, 20:36 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Hi Tom

Training camp in Turkey came to an end. Result of the friendlies: 3 games - 3 victories

Lech Poznan - TSV 1860 Monachium (A) 6:1
Goals: Michal Golinski, Grzelak, Lasocki, Madej, Reiss, Telichowski.

Lech Poznan - Samsung Suwon 2:0
Goals: Michal Golinski, Reiss.

Lech Poznan - Herfolge BK 1:0
Goal: Kaczorowski.

Not bad

On Friday we're facing Wisla Krakow at Bulgarska. Imagine that the fans have to buy the tickets (10,-) if they want to see this game... I'm not going to complain though... Game report will be here obviously

Latest photos of the new stand and the stadium itself: http://www.icpnet.pl/~mkawka/stadion/index.html (by Marceli, Lech Poznan forum).
post #20 of 108 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2004, 21:19 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I couldn't go to the game because of an advanced cold but I had an opportunity to watch it in the local TV. All I can say is that it doesn't look bad I mean Lech played a good game against Wisla being a slightly better team. Well, the result tells some different (1:2; Golinski - Zurawski 2) but I'm a more reliable source of information, no?

Still, there is a lot of aspects of the game which the coach and the players need to constantly work on. Especially the co-operation between the players in midfield is far from perfect.

You'll never guess who was the man of the match... Yes, yes, it was Michal Golinski

Gornik Zabrze - Lech Poznan game has been postponed for Wednesday, 23rd March :depress: In exchange, we're going to face Belarussian title holder, FK Holden. Tomorrow, at Bulgarska

PS.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in