UEFA Cup - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2003, 00:37 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Legia Warsaw & Poland
UEFA Cup

Groclin looks very good at the start of the season. On the other hand, I'm very anxious about Wisla Plock and Dospel Katowice.

Wisla plays Ventspilis in Latvia on Wednesday, Dospel travels to Macedonia to play Cementarnica and Groclin factes Lithuanian side Atlantas in Grodzisk Wlkp. (both games on Thursday).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2003, 12:43
Premier Player

Teams: Lech Poznan, Liverpool FC, Holland
Yeah, Mr Drzymala was very criticized for his decision to replace first coach Kaczmarek by Slovakian Dusan Radolsky but after Friday's game it appears it was a good move. Groclin played really, really well.

Personally, I'm not anxious about Wisla Plock (considering poor class of their oponents) but as for GKS Katowice... Smth tells me they won't play more than two games in UEFA Cup. Their performance against Groclin was terrible. However, I expect some improvement and then... maybe we'll be witnesses of only bright moments for our football in the preeliminary round of UEFA Cup.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2003, 18:28
Premier Player

Wisla Plock drew 1:1 to Ventspils in Latvia after a game which could be a great cure for an insomnia. Dariusz Gesior scored an only goal for Polish side. Both teams seemed to be taking part in the newly invented competition called: "I'm not able to play football" In spite of all, Wisla should manage to defeat their Latvian opponent in Plock.

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2003, 12:22 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Gks managed to draw 0:0 in Macedonia and Groclin beat Atlantas 2:0.

It's almost impossible, but Gks' game was even more boring than Wisla's game in Latvia. It hurts to watch football of this kind

Groclin should have scored more than twice, and they won't have any problems in the 2nd leg. However, some of the players failed to impress (e.g. Zajac).
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2003, 21:15
Rising Star

I have no illusions about GKS and Plock. Grodzisk however can make few suprices...I hope.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 14:57
Premier Player

Easy 4:1 win for Groclin in Klajpeda. Rasiak, Krizanac and Niedzielan (x2) scored for the team which is our slight hope for a success in UEFA Cup.

GKS Katowice and Wisla Plock play today.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 19:15
Premier Player

Wisla Plock UEFA Cup adventure came to an early end Wisla - Ventspilis 2:2.

They lost on their own wish. Two goals from Ireneusz Jelen assured Miroslaw Jablonski and his players that there was nothing to worry about. They were wrong... Rimkus netted for Latvian team and it gave them a lot of confidence. Zangariev's equalizer made the result unfavourable for Polish side. Meanwhile, Radoslaw Matusiak wasted some great chances. In 75th minute Marcin Wasilewski was dismissed from the pitch for a foul (unfairly though) and it was an end of the dreams about 1st round of UEFA Cup for Wisla...

Shame :depress:
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 20:03
Rising Star

What a ****ing disgreace. But to be honest it wasn't such a big suprise...
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 22:45 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Gks was equally impressive and lost on away gole rule

To find a bright side - we should actually be content that Wisla and Gks are out. If they had to play a Spanish or English club... I don't even want to think about it
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 23:45
Premier Player

Two Polish teams eliminated in the preliminary round of UEFA Cup - it's not what we expected... At least we can expect Wisla and Groclin won't discredit themselves as Prewitt remarked.
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2003, 09:25
Rookie

Absolute sham. Disgraceful especially to lose out to a Latvian and a Macedonian team. Absolute sham.
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2003, 14:28
Rookie

NEC Nijmegen v Wisla in next round. Dutch team - could prove tricky although they are a largely unimpressive Dutch team.
Should get to next round, if not then the departures of Kosowski and co. will truly prove to have taken their toll.
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2003, 14:52
Rising Star

I'm confident bout Wisla but Groclin will have to face Hertha Berlin. Lets hope Wichniarek and co will keep their current low form
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2003, 23:06 Thread Starter
Premier Player

A very interesting draw.

I remember what Legia did to Utrecht last year, so I hope Wisla won't be any worse.

Despite their awful form, Hertha are likely to beat unexperienced Groclin. But Drzymala boys have a great chance to show off. That's what Drzymala is dreaming about. And, well, if not - then they'll just earn some money on these games
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2003, 19:16
Rising Star

Hertha - Groclin 0-0

Although we can say Groclin was dominating almost entire match it was Hertha who created better chances. Radolsky's men has to work on finishing. If they wont play better in opponent's penalty area the return match might end like the one in Leczna.

Best players in Grodzisk were Mila and Rasiak and IMO they should call up for Hungary match.
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2003, 23:10
Rising Star

Wisla - NEC 2-1

Another unlucky result for our team, Nijmegen didn't desere this goal at all. But it looks like we're much better so I hope the next round will come true after the return match.
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2003, 01:37
Rising Star

so far so good so what.
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2003, 11:52
Premier Player

Groclin should have won at Olympiastadion. 0:0 draw is a good result but, on the other hand, one accidental goal for Hertha in Grodzisk may complicate the matter. Radolsky's boys should regret very much the unsuccessful counter-attack in 92nd minute... Anyway, I'm pretty sure they are capable of winning the second leg!

NEC Nijmegen turned out to be a team of a mediocre class. However, there is not such a great difference between them and Wisla to be sure of the final result.

All will be clear in about three weeks.

PS. I've been extremely busy laslty. I'm having more and more duties but I believe I will cope with them adding some life into this forum at the same time
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2003, 18:39
Rising Star

Yeah. Finally they managed to score this one goal they deserved.

Grodzisk - Hertha 1:0 (G. Rasiak)

Now it's time for Wisla!
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2003, 20:14
Rising Star

hertha might be in some turmoil and struggling this season, but put all that aside, this is still a big victory, and proves you cannot underestimate polish clubs, schalke learned that last season.

nec 1-0 wisla 42 minute, not good but not over yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in