Why is the semifinals schedule so unfair to Spain and Italy? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 12:32 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Why is the semifinals schedule so unfair to Spain and Italy?

So Germany and Portugal have 2 (!) more resting days than their opponents...how is this possible? It wasn't like this in previous tournaments. absurd really.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 12:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Germany owns the EU of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 12:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Indeed extremely unfair to both Portugal and Germany that those teams get out of their rythm with this long pause.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 14:12
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Indeed extremely unfair to both Portugal and Germany that those teams get out of their rythm with this long pause.
Germans? Rhythm?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 14:14
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED, Shillong Lajong FC.
Quote:
trying to be funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
She told me again she loves me , and I said I love myself too
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 15:11
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Not more funny than those stupid conspiracy theories. There is pro and con for everything...
There is definitely enough rest for any team during this tournament. If you cannot play at 100% four days after your last match you are solely to blame for not being fit enough yourself, as simple as that.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 15:19
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Teams: TIMAO & Selecao Canarinha
it is held in two countires and they wanted to mix up the groups before the final. So there was no other way to go about it.

Unless that have putted the quarter finals already mixed up, but then the team that would play on Friday would have complained that one of them had to play on tuesday!

So it is the fairest way.

I prefer when they mix up the groups all teh way to the final , instead of splitting half the torunament into separate groups.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 15:40
Premier Player

Teams: Man City
It's an outrage! How dare Spain or Portugal get an extra day's rest before the final.

Quote:
"I think we have all been head butted in the face at sometime in life." - Stuart Pearce
MCFC.co.uk
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 15:42
nkm
Premier Player

The schedule is unfair to Germany as Spain gets one more resting day before the final. Italy wouldn't have realistic chances against Germany even with more resting days.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 16:05
WFA
Rei Brasileiro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Brasil NT, Palmeiras
its unfair really.

Italy has been unfairly penalized.

the solution is simple: play more games on one day.

1 day extra is ok given that there are enough days for resting and match practice, but 2 days is too much especially if that team is supposed to play in the final only 3 after.

Where were you when we lost 1-7?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 16:23
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
These players are pros, every season they play in their leagues and in CL/EL midweek, there have been cases when one team who plays next week in CL plays friday, but the other team played sunday noon...Its not the first time. I remember very well last year when some german club played friday, and the team they faced played sunday.

Its not like this happened first time either.

BTW Italy had a day more to rest before they faced England than both England and Germany.

Italy played last Group Stage match 18 june, England 19. QF 24. Germany played last Group Stage match 17 june, QF 22.

So between last GS match and first knockout game, Italy (6 days) actually had a day more to prepare/rest than Germany (5 days) and England (5 days). So calm down everybody.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 16:26
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkm View Post
The schedule is unfair to Germany as Spain gets one more resting day before the final. Italy wouldn't have realistic chances against Germany even with more resting days.

Don't you have some confetti to throw and watch falling to the ground?

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 16:57 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
it is held in two countires and they wanted to mix up the groups before the final. So there was no other way to go about it.

Unless that have putted the quarter finals already mixed up, but then the team that would play on Friday would have complained that one of them had to play on tuesday!

So it is the fairest way.

I prefer when they mix up the groups all teh way to the final , instead of splitting half the torunament into separate groups.
last time it was also held in two countries but there was 1 day advantage instead of 2 day one.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 17:19
Premier Player

Teams: Real Zaragoza
just playing Spain-France on Wedenesday and Germany-Greece on Thursday would be much more fair. I still don't get why they did the oppositte
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2012, 22:43 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

what if there are 2 teams which could both be "true champions" but one now has a clear advantage compared to the other?

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2012, 00:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Quote:
Not more funny than those stupid conspiracy theories. There is pro and con for everything...
There is definitely enough rest for any team during this tournament. If you cannot play at 100% four days after your last match you are solely to blame for not being fit enough yourself, as simple as that.
I'm missing the cons in having 2 days less in order to recover fatigued and injured players.
I prefer the argument which in Italian could be translated "cazzi vostri" ("your problem").

Quote:
I believe IT* won't happen but if IT* will happen... LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal Angel View Post
There are negatives to take from this planning for all four teams so there's no point to shout consipracy theories or complain.

True champions should be able to deal with it IMO.
Like AC suggested you have to establish who are the true champions before handling them a "handicap".
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2012, 02:14
nkm
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morierinho View Post
Don't you have some confetti to throw and watch falling to the ground?
My posts really hurt you. They're like a smack.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2012, 04:25
Premier Player

Teams: Arsenal, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, PL NT
Hey whoever outlasts the longest really here gets the trophy...extra time off can also be a disadvantage in some ways ...to the rhythm, focus, etc.

Who let the Troll start this thread anyway....whiner!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2012, 22:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Quote:
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2012, 23:00
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
Nevermind, there'll always be the comfort of flares and toilet paper.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in