Moans, whines and the everything else thread! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2012, 00:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Moans, whines and the everything else thread!

Well you need one just to let off steam ... Now why on earth does Spain and Holland insist on the two holding CMs!? Why do you need De jong and Mvb against denmark?! Or worse play busquets and xabi alonso and zero strikers against italy alm:

It also looks like a case of burnt out for many of the players of late stages of UCL - the bayern lot looked tired yesterday, Xavi hardly had legs to run today, Robben will collapse on the pitch next etc. best time for Russia Coratia nick a european cup it seems...

And Jelavic scored as predicted!

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."

Last edited by KHALID; June 11th, 2012 at 01:05.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2012, 01:00
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Xtratime Legend

Teams: REAL MADRID, "U", AC MILAN, CHICAGO BULLS, NY YANKEES!
Italia trying to pull a France...
allowing speedy Africans to play without any real merit!

I BELONG TO JESUS!!!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2012, 01:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Well the pitch looked like a 3rd grade pitch in Malawi!

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2012, 02:26
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid & Spain
I never understood the fuss about playing both Busquets and Alonso. It's not like they are strictly defensive midfielders ala De Jong and Van Bommel for example

As a matter of fact i would even consider them both (Xabi and Sergi) to be better offensively then they are defensively and are essential to the team since none the other midfielders (Xavi, Iniesta, Silva) play no defence whatsoever. Busquets as much as i cant stand him is a nifty, clever player that is a master at short passing and is a grindy fuk with those long legs of his. While Alonso offers stability and masterful long passes and is the better defensively of the two. Its really not as defensive as some people try to make it look out to be. Spain would be run ragged through the middle if it wasn't for these two playing together.

VIVA ESPAÑA Y HALA MADRID :fero:
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2012, 02:41
Star Player

Teams: Sweden, Spanish football
Spain could easily bench one of them and move down Cesc to his normal position and play with a proper striker though.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2012, 02:54
Star Player

Khalid

I don't agree with your assessment of Xavi's game. He had over 100 passes in the match, and in fact, this is the second time in history of Euro Cups that a player makes over 100 passes in a match. First time... it was Pep Guardiola.

Xavi was doing just fine. Spain had more of possession etc. The problem was the formation, the simple absence of recipient of the passes.

Mourinho is a clown and likes to troll Barca players, and Spanish NT, but he has a point. He said about the Spain-Italy match that whatever good job Spain are doing in midfield doesn't matter because they create no danger there, if there's nobody to trouble Buffon up top.

PS Mourinho is still a clown, and Madrid based Spanish NT players have realized this long ago. Clearly wishing Spain to fail.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2012, 04:59
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Xtratime Legend

Teams: REAL MADRID, "U", AC MILAN, CHICAGO BULLS, NY YANKEES!
TOO many white dudes trying to dribble like S. American footballers!

Seriously, they lack the magic touch!!!

I BELONG TO JESUS!!!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2012, 16:08
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2012, 16:32
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus
Is this the thread where I can whine about KHALID being a terrible poster?
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2012, 23:16
minasstr f posterior
Legend

Teams: U.C.Sampdoria
i wud like 2 moan bout 24 teamz frm da next edition

its a horrible decision and the groups and qualifierz will really b a bore

r all euro'z gonna b 24 teamz editions or jst da 2016? i hope sumbdy puts sense into platini and they scratch this idea

vry xt solecism incarnate

my nigggah

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpo...4&postcount=13
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 00:12
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Legend

Teams: Swiss bikini team
fats avatar makes me angry

risin up back on the field, we r just a group n our will to survive..risin up the challange for our respect!..we have a dream! NWO MOTHER****AS!!
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 04:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxavi View Post
Khalid

I don't agree with your assessment of Xavi's game. He had over 100 passes in the match, and in fact, this is the second time in history of Euro Cups that a player makes over 100 passes in a match. First time... it was Pep Guardiola.

Xavi was doing just fine. Spain had more of possession etc. The problem was the formation, the simple absence of recipient of the passes.

Mourinho is a clown and likes to troll Barca players, and Spanish NT, but he has a point. He said about the Spain-Italy match that whatever good job Spain are doing in midfield doesn't matter because they create no danger there, if there's nobody to trouble Buffon up top.

PS Mourinho is still a clown, and Madrid based Spanish NT players have realized this long ago. Clearly wishing Spain to fail.
Lets see how fresh he looks next game, to me he seemed exhausted whilst iniesta was doing all the running...point about no striker is valid though and its not like its how spain won the last two cups to stubbornly stick to it...

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 06:00
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fats View Post
i wud like 2 moan bout 24 teamz frm da next edition
I hope Andorra makes it.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 06:01
Fourth Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Star Player

Teams: Manchester United
im whine about 2 things

first si why welback start for england team. he didnt do anything, but he always get chance. better to start with defo when rooney banned and afterwards rooney.

second is spain also never give chance for ateltico bilbao guy llorente. but in this season he is some of the best i have seen. always give chance to torres who miss 2-3 easy goal every match.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 07:31
International

I would like to complain about Torres

FFS man, you have been on the Spanish NT for what 8 years now? And you have exactly one good performance in all of that time. Don't be a one hit wonder and make this tournament yours.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 09:40
Premier Player

Teams: Inter
I would like to complain about the Turkish ref from yesterdays match. Almost every situation went Ukraine's way. One situation especially pissed me off so bad. The one where Ibra got pushed several times near their box.

They push from behind him to the ground, still fighting for it, tries to get back up, gets pushed down again. Finally gets up and pushes back, and then HE gets a call against him. Absolutely ridiculous.

Almost as if the ref was saying: hey guys, do whatever you like to this big fella. It's all good, I won't allow him to touch you back anyway.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 10:17
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
The fact that there's going to be 24 teams in the next tournament doesn't annoy me, the fact that I've heard that the best 3rd place teams can also get through to the last 16 annoys me!
There's almost no point of having the group stage as all of the best teams will pass through with ease!
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 10:34
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Can the coaches grow a pair please?

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 10:59
Premier Player

Teams: Real Madrid C. de F.
Look, I'd prefer Spain to play with a striker - Llorente, because of the high opinion I hold of him - but after having a few days to digest things, a lot of the criticism of Spain playing without a striker is quite off the mark in my opinion.

If I go out and play a 4-3-3 with Iniesta, Silva, and Cesc up front (all 3 eminently offensive players) how is that any less offensive than the same formation with, say, Negredo, Torres, and Llorente up front? My point is it's not about the players, it's about what you do with them. Maybe we're too boxed in with our thinking.

Italy played with 2 strikers for 60 minutes, and at least 1 striker all match, and they scored 1 goal. Spain played with 0 strikers for 70 minutes and 1 striker for 20 minutes and scored 1 goal (when they had no strikers on).

Also, complaining about Xabi Alonso and Busquets in the team, because you see it as playing with 2 DM...not quite sure I agree with that either. Busquets is clearly a defensive midfielder but Alonso? Not at all. He never plays this role, either for club or country. He is a deep lying playmaker, whose speciality lies in long passes and switching fields with the ball, which when you think about it is quite a complement to Xavi's game of short, combination passing and through-balls/one-twos in the center.

In reality Spain plays a 4-1-2-3, which when the fullbacks push up (such as in the 2nd half against Italy) becomes a 3-4-3. The most offensive team in the tournament by a distance.

Signature in 2007: Raúl, por el bien del Madrid, y por no tener a todo el Madridismo odiandote, por favor, vete ya

Signature in 2012: Torres, por el bien de España, y por no tener a todo el país odiandote, por favor, vete ya
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 11:41
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim View Post
Spain could easily bench one of them and move down Cesc to his normal position and play with a proper striker though.
The central midfield is key for Spain and Del Bosque isn't doing anything wrong in having Alonso and Busquets in there. One of the big reasons Spain can win a big tournament again is having those two in there but of course this absolute key aspect of the Spanish side is overlooked and the focus is on the more glamorous forward players.

If Spain didn't have those two players and how they operate in midfield then Spain would not be as half as effective as they are in their overall game plan. Both Alonso and Busquets are key in pressing the ball high up in the oppositions half. Not just pressing the ball but winning it back.

Alonso is predominatly the main guy in that aspect but he would not be as effective in what he does if he didn't have the safety net and the knowledge that Busquets is covering him if a player escapes his attentions when the opposition are trying to play their way out from their own half. Take away Busquets and then Spain could become vulnerable in how Alonso operates in this Spanish side.

Add in the fact that both Alonso and Busquets can both contribute in Spanish attacks and it can be seen that they are both very much integral to this Spanish side.

If you want a striker to start in this Spanish team look away from thoughts of dropping these two "defensive" midfielders and instead focus your attention on the front three. Iniesta is undroppable so if a striker is to come in it would be at the expense of Fabregas or Silva.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in