Euro 2012 and political trouble in Ukraine - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 166 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2012, 06:10 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Euro 2012 and political trouble in Ukraine

bomb attack in Dnjpropetrovsk and all the trouble around Tymoshenko has arised loads of diplomatical trouble in Europe.

political leaders will boycot it by not going there.

plus some voices say that hosting rights should be taken away from Ukraine and play either all games in Poland or add another host country instead of Ukraine, and all that 5 weeks before kick-off.

what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 166 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2012, 15:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Spain have offered the chance to host the tournament but Platini shut that down quick. I don't think sports and politics should mix, in fact UEFA/FIFA think the same, but just because some leaders from the EU are getting involved they change their tune

Tournament will go on as normal
post #3 of 166 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2012, 16:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
It will go on as usual but I wonder how many fans will go to the Ukraine following the reports too of hotel prices going up through the roof.

Loads will definitely go to Poland

post #4 of 166 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2012, 19:28
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla
No problem.
1 option:
All matches in Poland. We have now Warsaw, Poznan, Wroclaw, Gdansk. Plus Kraków (stadium 32.000) plus another stadium in Warsaw (32.000, where Legia play). We have 6 new big stadiums.
2 option:
The same as first + two smaller stadium but new modern for 15.000 in Lubin and Kielce for less important matches.
3 option:
The same as first + two stadiums from Germany at the east boarder. For example Lipsk and Berlin.

"And it is untruth, that roof leaked, especially, that it did not rain almost."
post #5 of 166 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2012, 21:18
World Class Player

Teams: Bosnia NT
I wonder what the Ruskies think about the whole thing.

They have a large naval base in the Crimea and Ukraine is still in their sphere of influence, especially the eastern part of the country.

2012 is gonna be a very interesting year geo-politically speaking of course.

Kapetan Gradascevic - Dragon of Bosnia - Never Forget

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Uprising_(1831%E2%80%9332)
post #6 of 166 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2012, 13:22
Star Player

Teams: HR, Juventus, Feyenoord
post #7 of 166 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2012, 21:34 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
plus the fact that especially in Lwiw there are some extremely racist nazi hooligan groups. they already made big trouble when they played Borussia Dortmund in a Europa Liga match. now they will host the Germany - Holland game I think and that sounds like trouble too. given the multi-cultural background of the 2 teams and their fans which is what those white power dudes there from Lwiw there surely won't appreciate.

however, at least the hosting in another country issue is off the table, so UEFA said. would have been too little time to do it anyway.
post #8 of 166 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2012, 18:11
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
It is serious case and things should be settled, but IMO if the police and security officials are ready for these cases then there shouldn`t be a problem.

Probably they will negotiate a truce with these guys for a bit of money during the tournament and that is about it. A lot of people invested money in Ukraine and certainly they will be angry and dissapointed if the tournament moves to another place, but certainly in this case Poland will receive much more credit.

Tournament will go normal. We already had in the past bombings in Madrid and London near dates of sporting competitions and no one cancelled anything. So don`t believe in a big tournament like this one will be cancelled aswell.
post #9 of 166 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2012, 16:23
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
Spain have offered the chance to host the tournament but Platini shut that down quick. I don't think sports and politics should mix, in fact UEFA/FIFA think the same, but just because some leaders from the EU are getting involved they change their tune

Tournament will go on as normal
The Tymoshenko deal has nothing to do with football as far as I know. It's the EU's fault for bringing footy into it.

R.I.P Ari
post #10 of 166 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2012, 08:30
Star Player

Teams: HR, Juventus, Feyenoord
post #11 of 166 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2012, 09:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
This while Metalist is a team full of South Americans strange folks

Having said that, it's obviously a small minority of loons.

You can also make a scaremongering video of Feyenoord with their Jew chants and other hooligan firms here too
post #12 of 166 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2012, 16:41
Xtratime Elite

And this is supposed to be the most respected news agency in the world?

btw, I heard a good point earlier. These Nazi types can't even afford a ticket to the games.

R.I.P Ari
post #13 of 166 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2012, 20:00
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla
2.30 Poland is boarding with Austria. :dielaugh: and there is Yugoslavia :dielaugh:

What a bullshit movie. Absolutely crap.

I'm more affraid about London Olympic couse off that:

they have f***ing war zone at home and they are affraid about Euro. Hilarious.

"And it is untruth, that roof leaked, especially, that it did not rain almost."
post #14 of 166 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2012, 20:18
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Kind of hope that something happens just to see the reaction of UEFA. They will probably cover it up somehow.
post #15 of 166 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2012, 21:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
not necessarily a political problem but still a potential problem in organization of the tournament. They found some dangerous bacteria in the hotel which the Czech Republic was supposed to stay in Wroclaw. Within a few days they will make a decision if they will stay there still, if not they will simply stay in Czech Republic and fly out to their matches

I guess you can't control these things but still strange
post #16 of 166 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2012, 22:38
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
They found some dangerous bacteria in the hotel which the Czech Republic was supposed to stay in Wroclaw.

That's exactly typical "authentic" flow of information to other European countries. This "dangerous" bacteria was nothing special as it appeared, unofficially I know that it was just an attempt of getting a bribe by SANEPID's organization, the most susceptible organization to getting bribes in Poland - you know, something like "if you don't give us the money, we'll shame your hotel in European press". However Europe got catchy headline from nothing...I bet for a case of beer that Czech will stay in this hotel. Well...such charms of being the host of such big tournament, everyone is searching sensational headlines.

Btw, SANEPID is Sanitary - Epidemiological organization of course. If you had the small gastronomic business here, you would know what's SANEPID and what's the only way to get rid of them.

Btw x 2, the Polonia Warszawa announced on their official site, that their footballer Aviram Baruchyan, the Orthodox Jew was also interviewed by these BBC's redactors, however he said that he has completely no problems with Polish supporters and generally with life in Poland, as you see there's no his statement in this material, because it was something not inconsistent with their thesis.

And Ugo Ukah is such worried of racism and aggression of Polish fans, he's so scared of it, that he's lived here since...6 years. He's well known from his wantonness and absolutely unprofessional behaviour. Some kind of Widzew Lodz's Balotelli.
post #17 of 166 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2012, 23:20
International

Teams: Manchester United FC, Botswana Meat Commission FC
Hitler would have had those hooligans in slave camps for being Slavic Untermensch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan Totti
Pele is hailed because he scored 1000+ goals in a league that if its shit now, imagine back then. And personal opinion, I think that he is hyped so much mostly because he is black.

Quote:
Pure ignorance coming out of the fella

Quote:
POk now you are just trolling.
Quote:
I have offered very valuable opinions
Quote:
Not to mention that the 2002 WC was bought by Brazil.
post #18 of 166 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2012, 23:27
International

Teams: Manchester United FC, Botswana Meat Commission FC
Not their fault, they have been isolated from the outside world by the domination of the Soviet Union.

Might take about 20 years for those countries to become as enlightened as Western Europe.

Quote:
Pele is hailed because he scored 1000+ goals in a league that if its shit now, imagine back then. And personal opinion, I think that he is hyped so much mostly because he is black.

Quote:
Pure ignorance coming out of the fella

Quote:
POk now you are just trolling.
Quote:
I have offered very valuable opinions
Quote:
Not to mention that the 2002 WC was bought by Brazil.
post #19 of 166 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2012, 23:29
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
Hitler would have had those hooligans in slave camps for being Slavic Untermensch.

R.I.P Ari
post #20 of 166 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2012, 00:41
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Multiethnic Republic of Kosovo
There's no excuse for some of the things on the panorama program. Also they(bbc) didn't make these ***** act in that manner, so **** off with the "supposed to be the most respected news agency in the world?". **** do you wan't them to do? Portray Ukraine as some lala free, beautiful land, where racism is non-existent and indian students are thanked for attending and supporting home teams?

That was disgusting what happened to those Indian students, getting attacked, without any kind of protection where bunch of guys in yellow jackets are more likely to join then stop the attacks. Pathetic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in