Euro 2012, Group D (UKR, SWE, FRA, ENG) - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will reach the Quarter Finals?
Ukraine 18 33.33%
Sweden 14 25.93%
France 41 75.93%
England 36 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2011, 19:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Euro 2012, Group D (UKR, SWE, FRA, ENG)

GROUP D

11 June 2012, 18:00, Donbass Arena, Donetsk (UKR)
FRANCE vs ENGLAND

11 June 2012, 20:45, Olympic Stadium, Kyiv (UKR)
UKRAINE vs SWEDEN

15 June 2012, 18:00, Olympic Stadium, Kyiv (UKR)
SWEDEN vs ENGLAND

15 June 2012, 20:45, Donbass Arena, Donetsk (UKR)
UKRAINE vs FRANCE

19 June 2012, 20:45, Olympic Stadium, Kyiv (UKR)
SWEDEN vs FRANCE

19 June 2012, 20:45, Donbass Arena, Donetsk (UKR)
ENGLAND vs UKRAINE

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2011, 19:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
France and England, but it won't be as straight forward as what BBC thinks it is. If England lose their match against France, they will potentially have to play a "must-win" game in Donetsk against Ukraine
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2011, 20:12
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
I have France and England winning it. This is a favorable draw to some extent for Ukraine since they have familiarity with these three teams. I expect France to defeat England and with England to really scratch and claw their way against Ukraine and Sweden which give England problems. England will probably win those legs by a single goal margin.

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2011, 23:55
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Tricky draw. Tradition says France and England, but from let`s not forget Ukraine has a decent team and is the host, while France is far from convincing. England is pragmatic with Capello and will be without Rooney in the group stage which certainly makes a difference so I don`t expect any easy games for them, but at the end I believe they will qualify.
Sweden is the type of the team that gives a hard time, but never goes far (1994 World Cup exception).

IMO the first match between England and France will decide this group. Whoever wins this game is through.
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2011, 00:19
Xtratime Legend

Teams: some clubs. Italy&Oranje
France and....on paper England. But my feeling is Sweden can surprise us all a bit.

20xx

SCHWARZ WEISS GRÜN

AAAAAALEEEEEEZ, AAAAAALEEEEEEZ!!!!!!
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2011, 01:12
Star Player

Teams: Sweden, Spanish football
Sweden's form is in doubt for the moment, if we judge by friendlies. On the other hand,
we beat Netherlands in our last official match.. Euro's is still a long time away, but my predictions are:
1. England
2. Sweden

I hope our XI will be something like:
-----------Ibrahimovic
??---------Källström-------S.Larsson
--------------------
-----------Elm-Wernbloom
---------------------------
M.Olsson-J.Olsson-Mellberg-Lustig
--------Isaksson

It's not going to happen, though.. Elmander is 100% starter in Hamréns team. And Elm will be employed on the wing again =/
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2011, 03:37
Premier Player

Teams: Arsenal, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, PL NT
I think France didn't do any worse than England in Qualifiers.
Sweden the dark horse, and I sure the Home crowd team will surprise.
This group kinda even.
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2011, 03:43
Banned
World Class Player

Teams: Romania, Dinamo Buc.
I think England will win the group, with Sweden beating France tied in points.
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2011, 04:17
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
France is leading? Come on now, even Portugal is better than them. France going further would really be a shock to me given what they've recently shown.

I mean they didn't even beat San Romanino... :thmbdown:

England and Ukraine IMO. Ukraine because they're hosting.
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2011, 05:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
I predict England to win this group, and France to be the 2nd.
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2011, 11:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Rooney ban reduced from three to two matches
8 Dec 2011, in reuters

England striker Wayne Rooney’s ban at next year’ Euro 2012 finals was reduced from three to two games following an appeal heard by UEFA on Thursday.

The 26-year-old Manchester United striker was originally banned for three matches following his sending off for kicking opponent Miodrag Dzudovic in their final qualifier against Montenegro in October.

“The three-match suspension levelled against Wayne Rooney is now suspended, with the third game of the suspension, suspended for four years, so Wayne will be available for the final group game of the European championship against Ukraine,” Adrian Bevington, the managing director of Club England, told reporters at UEFA’s headquarters.

“It is effectively a two-game suspension with one carried over for a four year period for the national team.”

He added: “I am pleased to say we have had a very fair hearing from UEFA’s panel and we are very pleased with what’s happened today.”

Both Rooney and England manager Fabio Capello gave evidence to the hearing.

Rooney will now miss England’s opening two Group D matches against France in Donetsk on June 11 and Sweden in Kiev on June 15, but will be eligible to play against co-hosts Ukraine in their third and final group game in Donetsk on June 19.

Thursday’s ruling has one curious aspect.

The suspended third match ban relates to any match played under UEFA’s auspices which means if he gets sent off for violent conduct playing for Manchester United in either the Europa League or Champions League at any time in the next four years, the one-match ban would be applied to the England team, on top of whatever ban he was given for United’s matches.

The suspended third match ban relates to any match played under UEFA’s auspices which means if he gets sent off for violent conduct playing for Manchester United in either the Europa League or Champions League at any time in the next four years, the one-match ban would be applied to the England team, on top of whatever ban he was given for United’s matches.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2011, 13:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I knew it was going to happen, whatever, can't get too upset over something which I saw coming
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2011, 17:37
Expecto patronum!
Legend

Teams: Macedonia, Inter, Rabotnichki
England and Ukraine.
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2012, 21:59
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
I will have to say France and England. Despite the home advantage, Ukraine still need to actually win the games against the top two of this group (for me France/England) and I cant see that happening. At best, Ukraine beat Sweden and draw England.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2012, 00:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
I will have to say France and England. Despite the home advantage, Ukraine still need to actually win the games against the top two of this group (for me France/England) and I cant see that happening. At best, Ukraine beat Sweden and draw England.
Yeah, I voted for England and France aswell, but I am honestly a bit uncertain about how the The Three Lions will arrive to this tournament. I mean, Rooney (if called up and must be) is out for the first two games, Capello left the team a few months before the tournament and there are some players who don`t get along. So I see England despite all the potential and tradition a bit on the risk here especially because they play against France and one of the home sides, Ukraine. Not mentioning that Sweden has always caused a bit of problems to the English.

But with all that I still hold my vote on England
post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2012, 18:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Oleg Blokhin has named a 26-man provisional squad plus 8 players on standby in case of injury. Ukraine had a little goalkeeping crisis as Shovkovskiy and Dikan were both ruled out to injury and Rybka is suspended due to doping. Also missing out is ex-Barca defender Chygyrnskiy who I guess is out of form

Goalkeepers: Oleksandr Bandura (Metalurg Donetsk), Oleksandr Goryainov (Metalist Kharkiv), Maxym Koval (Dynamo Kiev), Andriy Pyatov (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Defenders: Bohdan Butko (Illichivets Mariupol), Oleksandr Kucher (Shakhtar Donetsk), Vitaly Mandzyuk (Dnipro), Taras Mykhalyk (Dynamo Kiev), Yaroslav Rakitiskiy (Shakhtar Donetsk), Yevhen Selin (Vorskla Poltava), Yevhen Khacheridi (Dynamo Kiev), Vyacheslav Shevchuk (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Midfielders: Oleksandr Aliyev (Dynamo Kiev), Denys Garmash (Dynamo Kiev), Oleh Gusev (Dynamo Kiev), Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro), Serhiy Nazarenko (Tavriya Simferopol), Ruslan Rotan (Dnipro), Taras Stepanenko (Dynamo Kiev), Antoliy Tymoshchuk (Bayern Munich), Andriy Yarmolenko (Dynamo Kiev)

Forwards: Andriy Voronin (Dynamo Moscow), Marko Devic (Metalist Kharkiv), Artem Milevskiy (Dynamo Kiev), Yevhen Seleznyov (Shakhtar Donetsk), Andriy Shevchenko (Dynamo Kiev)

Standby: Bohdan Shust (Shakhtar Donetsk; goalkeeper), Artem Fedetskiy (Karpaty Lviv; defender), Oleksandr Volovyk (Metalurg Donetsk; defender), Maksym Kalynychenko (Tavriya Simferopol; midfielder), Roman Bezus (Vorskla Poltava; midfielder), Anton Shynder (Tavriya Simferopol; forward), Edmar (Metalist Kharkiv; forward), Oleksandr Kovpak (Arsenal Kiev; forward)

**spelling of these names are Anglicized so they might be spelt differently on other sources
post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 19:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Laurent Blanc has named the players based in foreign clubs into his squad today while the domestic based Ligue 1 players will be selected next week. Here are the 12 foreign based players he selected:

Mexes (AC Milan), Rami (Valencia), Evra (Manchester United), Clichy (Manchester City), Koscielny (Arsenal), Kaboul (Tottenham), Malouda (Chelsea), Nasri (Manchester City), Ben Arfa (Newcastle United), Cabaye (Newcastle United), Ribery (Bayern Munich), Benzema (Real Madrid)

They are without the injured Sagna and Abidal, while Ben Arfa makes his return to the national since for the first time since August 2010
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2012, 19:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Erik Hamren named his Sweden squad which was without John Guidetti due to fitness problems

Goalkeepers: Andreas Isaksson (PSV Eindhoven), Johan Wiland (FC Copenhagen), Par Hansson (Helsingborg)

Defenders: Mikael Lustig (Celtic), Olof Mellberg (Olympiakos), Andreas Granqvist (Genoa), Martin Olsson (Blackburn Rovers), Jonas Olsson (West Bromwich Albion), Mikael Antonsson (Bologna), Behrang Safari (Anderlecht)

Midfielders: Rasmus Elm (AZ), Sebastian Larsson (Sunderland), Anders Svensson (Elfsborg), Kim Kallstrom (Lyon), Pontus Wernbloom (CSKA Moscow), Samuel Holmen (Istanbul BB), Emir Bajrami (FC Twente), Christian Wilhelmsson (Al-Hilal)

Forwards: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (AC Milan), Johan Elmander (Galatasaray), Tobias Hysen (IFK Goteborg), Ola Toivonen (PSV Eindhoven), Markus Rosenberg (Werder Bremen)
post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2012, 19:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

France complete their squad with local Ligue 1 players, Younes Kaboul has ruled himself out due to a knee injury as the injury list for France piles on. Loic Remy is included in the 26-man provisional squad despite an injury which could see him miss Euro

Goalkeepers: Cedric Carrasso (Bordeaux), Hugo Lloris (Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Marseille)

Defenders: Mathieu Debuchy (Lille), Anthony Reveillere (Lyon), Mapou Yanga-Mbwia (Montpellier); Gael Clichy (Manchester City), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Adil Rami (Valencia), Philippe Mexes (AC Milan)

Midfielders: Alou Diarra (Marseille), Yoann Gourcuff (Lyon), Yann M'Vila (Stade Rennes), Marvin Martin (Sochaux), Blaise Matuidi (Paris St. Germain); Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Samir Nasri (Manchester City), Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)

Forwards: Olivier Giroud (Montpellier), Jeremy Menez (Paris St. Germain), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille), Loic Remy (Marseille); Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2012, 19:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Still a very solid team, although I'm not convinced on the central defense.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in