Indian Soccer Legue Match Report - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2014, 19:50 Thread Starter
Fourth Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Star Player

Teams: Manchester United
Indian Soccer Legue Match Report

Ok in this thread who all have gone for ISL games can write of match report or pics etc

Last edited by Jeffrey; October 24th, 2014 at 22:41.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2014, 20:02 Thread Starter
Star Player

Report 1- Mumbai FC verses NorthEastern United

This is first football game I've been to.

It was in DY Patil stadium in New Mumbai. 8 of ur firends gone for it. 3 boys and 5 girls. First thing is that ISL is not organize at all. There was no parking for peoples with ticket. When they hosted IPL in same place they provide parking for all. Now we had to park almost 2 km away and walk from there. Also when going back we had to wait 30 mins as some mentel park ahead of mine car such a way that I cudnt remove mine car.

Once we enter stadium it was all very nice set up. Good crowd also, almost 25,000. It is Diwali time so it is suprise that so many have come up.

This is vews from stands.

this is vews of other stands

Most people in stadium were Mumbai fans. And most common cheer in game was Mumbaiiiiiii, Mumbaiiiiii. Some times they was just singing some Bollywood songs and putting Mumbai FC in end. Some was screaming Ganpati Bappa Moraya .

Very few was fans of Northeast, but they was more organized as they got football culture. They got own song and was doing mexico waves also with sucess. Good fans. And always smiling type no rivelry with us.

It felt good when they play antonal anthem before the game.

As its Diwali time there is lot of fireworks before the game and just before player walk form pavillon there was big show of fireworks
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2014, 20:18 Thread Starter
Star Player

Game

As game start we settle down and order pizza (dominos) and pepsi.

First thing i feel after this is that in TV football look like difficalt game. too less space to move. difficalt takles. But in real life it dont seem that difficalt. And these guys got lot of space. Also in TV we can never understand how fast these guys running, but in real when we see it is very fast. and we apprecate it more.

Another thing is we can never see properly which player or player name on shirt etc in stadium. have to keep looking in big screen for replay. Many times i was seeing in screen not in live game in front.

Mumbai in blue, NorthEast United in White
this is during start of game that time Mumbai FC have most posessons and attacks.

It is thiago with ball. later he got yellow and then red card also.

This is still in 1st half free kick by Koke, which is save by Indian great wall Subrata Pal

First half was dominete by Mumbai, but no good chance. Moritz (brazil) star of Mumbai and crowd favrite was injure and Fredie Lujunberg of Arsenal was his replacement. here is him training before start in second half.

I had to zoom too much so image not too good. (

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2014, 20:27 Thread Starter
Star Player

This is North East celebrete after 1st goal. All players in corner. You can see smoke from creckers fired in sky

Final score North East won 2-0.
It was fun experiance. many peoples came with femily as a picnic eating popcorn and pizza.

There was one femily next to us the mother ask me almost 2 mins before halftime which is Mumbai hahaha

In IPL in same stadium ive seen 50,000 peoples. But even then this was good crowd. They have made peoples interested in football. Many guys have also come to support local players.

I will definitelt try to go to as much match as poss and this time I will go for VIP stand.

Today loudest cheer was for Ranbir Kapoor, John Abraham, Rishi Kapoor & Neetu Singh and Moritz and Lujunberg when he entered.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2014, 18:48 Thread Starter
Star Player

Goals of the match

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2014, 18:52 Thread Starter
Star Player

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2015, 19:29
Rookie

The ISL 2015 Theme Song

Did you guys hear the ISL 2015 Theme Song. Its awesome. I loved the music. The last year theme song was also a great one. Bajegi Seeti Udega Ball. Common India Lets Football. And this one is better than the prior.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2015, 19:39 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrez View Post
Did you guys hear the ISL 2015 Theme Song. Its awesome. I loved the music. The last year theme song was also a great one. Bajegi Seeti Udega Ball. Common India Lets Football. And this one is better than the prior.
Post it here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in