The Official Sng Lam Nghệ An Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2013, 18:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
The Official Sng Lam Nghệ An Thread

Deeplying, I noticed you supported your local Vietnamese club. I'm creating this thread so you can update us with any news related to them, thought it'd be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2013, 05:18
no Quitter !
Rising Star

Teams: Sng Lam Nghệ An, Roma, BVB & Feyenoord
Oh wow, thank you This is my father's hometown club so i have supported them since i was a kid.

We are now sitting second in league table, two points behind leader H Nội T&T but still have one game in hand (to be played this afternoon). We'll return to top with a win but our remaining fixtures (4 games) are very difficult.

At this important stage of the season, we just made a weird move, loaned our best domestic player L Cng Vinh out to J. League 2 club Consadole Sapporo. He has scored 14 goals so far this season to top scoring chart after 17 games. This move absolutely writes off our title chance imo :frustrat:

Last edited by Deeplying; August 4th, 2013 at 07:16.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2013, 08:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, why on earth would they do that? Maybe they think it's a good opportunity for the player to pick up good experience playing in Japan, I don't imagine many Vietnamese footballers have played in that country whether it be the J-League or the second tier.

I remember some V-League clubs participated in the Asian Champions League years ago, I know this because they faced some Australian clubs in the group stage - I'm wondering, what kind of interest is there in the league over there? From what I've heard about a bunch of South East Asian countries, fans tend to show greater support towards the national team than the club scene.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2013, 09:51
no Quitter !
Rising Star

Four years ago, L Cng Vinh was loaned to a Portuguese 1st tier club for sporting reason but i think that's not the case now. Sng Lam Nghệ An are poor financially compared to other teams in the league and winning our league doesn't help as well. We don't want to take part in continental competition due to financial problem, sounds quite ridiculous but it's reality here. Some players in my country have the quality to play in better asian leagues but never given chances whatsoever and i don't really know why. It's the front office who always let us down.

People here love football passionately, league games attract a decent amount of attendances considering the league is not that 'professional'. Some clubs including mine sometimes have nearly 30,000 supporters when playing at home.

And of course, national team games make millions become one
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2013, 10:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Is this the club which signed Denilson?

How many other freak signings have there been in Vietnam?

Indonesia has had Marcus Bent, Richard Knopper, Lee Hendrie, Roger Milla among others

Malaysia Guiza last season

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het etterbakkie in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2013, 10:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I read the L Cng Vinh wikipedia page and this guy's career makes for interesting reading. The first ever Vietnamese footballer to play for a European club, plus he scored in Leixoes' Portuguese Cup victory against Casa Pia AC. In addition to that he played a key role in taking Vietnam to the quarter-finals of the Asia Cup, scoring against the UAE, eventually bowing out to the UAE... you mentioned he was your best player domestically, but is he the best player you've ever had?

I just checked the standings of the Vietnamese league, and the match between Sai Gon Xuan Thanh and Da Nang just concluded - 3-3, Da Nang will be frustrated to draw this one as they're in third position and a victory wouldn't have ruled them out of the title race. They were leading 3-2 but conceded a very late goal.

Now the only match to be played is your team, Deeplying, against Binh Duong, and looking at the table, although it's played away from home, you should win this match - your opponents are second from bottom.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2013, 11:19
no Quitter !
Rising Star

We don't have that kind of money, Wally . The club that signed him is Hải Phng and i can't remember any other player as known as him played in our league.

L Cng Vinh is the best player we've ever had or not, it's debatable but definitely a strong candidate. He scored the winning goal to secure the only legitimate trophy our national team have ever lifted.

My team's match just kicked off, Bnh Dương used to be a good team, they have been struggling this season but still have some decent players, tricky one .
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2013, 12:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Looks like you were right to dismiss your chances of winning the title, Binh Duong took the lead just prior.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2013, 13:07
no Quitter !
Rising Star

We lost the game 2-1. Interesting match though, the stadium was full, great atmosphere.

Next week game is a decider, we will play leader H Nội T&T at home and it'll be over if we lose.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 14:07
no Quitter !
Rising Star

Despite dominating the match, we couldn't win to leapfrog the leader T&T Hanoi.

Three more rounds to go, still two points behind them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in