Japanese football chat - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 241 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2010, 02:03
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
so how about his condition in club? i remember they are in the 2nd division……
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 241 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2010, 02:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
I'll update later. Cricket time.
post #43 of 241 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2010, 22:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

You're right, he's playing in division two. From 2008 and onwards, he's made 14 appearances for Tokyo Verdy and scored two goals.

post #44 of 241 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2010, 09:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
btw any chance Sota Hirayama will make the Japanese world cup squad ?

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #45 of 241 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2010, 14:50
Star Player

Teams: Torino,China NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILA View Post
You're right, he's playing in division two. From 2008 and onwards, he's made 14 appearances for Tokyo Verdy and scored two goals.
can we say that, he is finished?
post #46 of 241 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2010, 16:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
btw any chance Sota Hirayama will make the Japanese world cup squad ?
Even though you have that grin, I'll be serious. lol But, I seriously doubt it. I'm a bit confused because the Yemen match that was postponed, they're now talking as if it will go ahead. "Can't wait for the match tomorrow..." Maybe this match is their home tie. Anyway, Japan's squad is an interesting one against a very weak Yemeni outfit. Very youthful with none of the faces who participated in WC qualifying. Sota is one of them. A glimpse into the future, if you will.

GK:

Shuichi Gonda (FC Tokyo)
Shusaku Nishikawa (Oita Trinita)

DF:

Gotoku Sakai (Albirex Niigata)
Taisuke Muramatsu (Shonan Bellmare)
Maya Yoshida (Nagoya Grampus)
Kosuke Ota (Shimizu S-Pulse)
Naoya Kikuchi (Oita Trinita)
Tomoaki Makino (Sanfrecce Hiroshima)

MF:

Takuji Yonemoto (FC Tokyo)
Kazuya Yamamura (Ryutsu Keizai University)
Takuya Aoki (Omiya Ardija)
Mu Kanazaki (Oita Trinita)
Takashi Inui (Cerezo Osaka)
Yosuke Kashiwagi (Sanfrecce Hiroshima)
Naoki Yamada (Urawa Reds)

FW:

Sota Hirayama (FC Tokyo)
Kazuma Watanabe (Yokohama F.Marinos)
Kensuke Nagai (Fukuoka University)
Yuya Osako (Kashima Antlers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaren
can we say that, he is finished?
From what I remember years back Oguro was one of the few sparks Japan had up front. Now he's really faded and guys like Okazaki occupy the mantle.

Last edited by Jeffrey; January 5th, 2010 at 18:23.
post #47 of 241 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2010, 19:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="263" width="320" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/clip_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/clip_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=天皇杯 ガンバ大阪vs名古屋グランパス 1/9&start_time=1262322000000&end_time=1262322900000& channel=bi0z0mbie&tip_id=2445743" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/s/em/z11DZ7A/bi0z0mbie" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from 凸(`Д´*) broadcasting from JAPAN on Justin.tv</a>
post #48 of 241 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2010, 19:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well, here it is. Finally you can see the fine goals scored in the EC Final! First, by Lucas...

http://www.justin.tv/clip/61ca85b5001bd2fb 6:30
post #49 of 241 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2010, 20:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

http://www.justin.tv/clip/16824c648e36f71e Endo's goal, decisive [4:47]
post #50 of 241 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2010, 23:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

post #51 of 241 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2010, 13:55
World Class Player

Teams: Torino
Just curious, what time do games usually kick off in the J-League? Have been impressed with what I have seen from international competitions and the Japan national squad so I thought I'd check it out when the season rolls around. Mid-afternoon kickoffs would mean I would have to watch at 1am or something, which is late, but hey, I'm usually up then anyways.

FORZA VECCHIO CUORE GRANATA!

NWO BABY
post #52 of 241 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2010, 15:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by naervod View Post
Just curious, what time do games usually kick off in the J-League? Have been impressed with what I have seen from international competitions and the Japan national squad so I thought I'd check it out when the season rolls around. Mid-afternoon kickoffs would mean I would have to watch at 1am or something, which is late, but hey, I'm usually up then anyways.
http://www.j-league.or.jp/data/view....=03&y=2009&l=E

I found these kick-off times from last season.
post #53 of 241 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2010, 21:15
World Class Player

Thanks for that. Pretty late, but I imagine when I am on the East Coast I will be able to catch some games.

Quick question, I was reading up on Japanese clubs and it seems most of them have foreign words in the name - lots of Italian, English, and Spanish, but also Sanskrit (apparently sanga is a Sanskrit term denoting a group or club). Anyway, why is this? It seems kind of odd given that these names were given starting in the early 90s, so no connection to places where these words come from like many clubs, especially in South America, that have English names, and nor are they really named after foreign clubs.

NWO BABY
post #54 of 241 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2010, 21:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm going to venture something, I may be wrong, but it's the surest idea on my mind.

In Japanese culture it seems quite popular to throw in different languages which differ from their mother tongue. You see it when exposing yourself to varieties of entertainments - music, television, so on. All the time when listening to Japanese pop they throw in lyrics in English. Makes me think of this. So, perhaps what you say is an expansion of this symptom?

I notice it with banners too, Gamba had written "VINCI PER NOI," I think.

Last edited by Jeffrey; January 12th, 2010 at 21:44.
post #55 of 241 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2010, 22:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I notice it with banners too, Gamba had written "VINCI PER NOI," I think.
"YOU WIN FOR THOSE"... the supporters, OK
post #56 of 241 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2010, 22:24
World Class Player

Quote:
"YOU WIN FOR THOSE"... the supporters, OK
Vinci per noi=(You) win for us, but yeah, I've seen those, I think not only in Gamba matches, but I could be mistaken.

Your guess is as good as mine on my question, and I think that's a good one too. I would also add that perhaps Japanese clubs and supporters are attempting to emulate what they see as a successful fan culture in Europe.

NWO BABY
post #57 of 241 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2010, 23:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Thanks for the better translation and that's a good thought to add on too.
post #58 of 241 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2010, 02:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Not sure where to put this

http://www.the-afc.com/en/features/26756

Japanese referees and footballers are well known for their strict adherence to the Japanese code of humility, politeness and courtesy, on and off the field.

So much so that they have often been the subject of a good-natured roast in the media and a rich source of harangue for outspoken former Blue Samurai coach Ivica Osim.

It is a deeply ingrained cultural trait that top Japanese referee Yuichi Nishimura (pictured above), who is one of the probables for the 2010 FIFA World Cup, believes is not serving the Japanese well in world football.

TOO GENTLE

The message is startling in its tone: the thoroughly understated style of the Japanese, which works well inside the genteel environs of Japanese football lends itself to ridicule in the rough and tumble of global football.

The contradiction is perfectly captured by Nishimura, who routinely straddles the domestic and international spheres of refereeing.

“Japanese referees in general are shy, sensitive and very well mannered,” says Nishimura.

“In the J-League, the referees don’t need to talk much or shout on the field. Eye contact, body gestures are more than enough for a referee’s colleagues and the players to understand what you want to say.”

“Japanese referees, including myself, don’t really need to be very expressive in the domestic games. We hardly speak, leave alone yelling,” adds the man in black.

INTERNATIONAL ARENA

But Nishimura knows this subtle approach can backfire in the international arena.

“This approach is fine in local games as the people around you know you and everyone understand the football culture. But in international games it is an altogether difference case.”

“It is harsh but if you do it the J-League way, then I am sorry. You are in for a culture shock as you will be overwhelmed by player power,” asserts Nishimura.

“At the end of the day, you will collapse under the heavy pressure of the players and coaches, thus making many more errors as you are not your normal self anymore.”

THE WARRIOR SPIRIT

Nishimura believes this applies to the Japanese teams too and they need to summon their warrior spirit.

“It is the same for the Japanese football teams too. I strongly believe that if the Blue Samurai (the Japan men’s national team) want to do well in South Africa, especially if they want to achieve the goal of a semi-finals spot, they must forget Japanese culture for the time being and do battle the hardest way possible.

Former coach Osim was often furious with the Blue Samurai for showing too much respect to their opponents.

“Everybody knows the football pitch is a battle field. Only the strongest survive and prevail,” drills in Nishimura.

If Japanese referees want to aspire for success in international matches, Nishimura lays out the simple rule: Be brave and open.

“To officiate in international games successfully, you must be brave, open, and courageous. You should not be afraid of making decisions. These are the elements all Japanese referees need to succeed internationally.”

- Written by Tan Boon Piaw; Edited by R. Ravi Kumar

This article doesn’t necessarily reflect the views of AFC.
post #59 of 241 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2010, 01:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Is it OK if if changed the thread title from J-League chat to Japanese? I felt that it would grant more flexibility.

Japan played off against Venezuela, as mentioned with only domestic guys. It was a dull match, 0-0, and neither side rarely threatened.

Sorry I haven't been giving this place the time. My motivation has waned, it hasn't felt the same, this happens to me sometimes.
post #60 of 241 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2010, 02:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Urawa's new away strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in