post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2009, 15:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
J league transfers

Quote:
Japan defender Tulio agrees to join Nagoya

* Reuters, Tuesday December 22 2009

TOKYO, Dec 22 (Reuters) - Japan defender Tulio has agreed to join Nagoya Grampus after meeting with manager Dragan Stojkovic, the J-League club's general manager said on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old had fallen out with senior officals at Urawa Reds this season and chose Nagoya over offers from Europe and the Middle East, Kazumasa Kume told Japanese media.
"He met the manager Stojkovic and was told: 'There's a World Cup next year so you should play in Japan' -- and that might have helped him decide," said Kume. "We expect much from him."
Relations between Tulio and Reds officials soured after he publicly criticised the club's transfer policy following the sale of fellow Brazilian-born player Alex to Nagoya in August.
He frequently clashed with officials at the club and had become embroiled in finger-pointing rows with Urawa fans following games after going to complain about them jeering Reds players.
The outspoken Tulio spent six seasons at Urawa, Japan's best-supported club, helping them win their first J-League title in 2006 and the Asian Champions League in 2007.
He will also be expected to start in Japan's back line at next year's World Cup in South Africa. (Reporting by Alastair Himmer; Editing by Peter Rutherford; To query or comment on this story email [email protected])
Bad news for FC Twente.

Any other big name transfers so far in the J league?

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2009, 21:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Any other big name transfers so far in the J league?
Thespa Kusatsu sign Kazuyuki Toda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2009, 07:08
Xtratime Legend

I was sure Tulio would go to Europe, he would have done well too.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

A bit disappointing although I respect and understand his decision.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2009, 08:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILA View Post
Thespa Kusatsu sign Kazuyuki Toda.
oh yes, great player

more suited to being an anime player character than football player

- Lee Jung Soo from Kyoto Sanga to the Kashima Antlers. That said I've never heard of the guy despite him being a Korean international

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2009, 18:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's a good move for him if he'd like to win a title. Kashima are leading the way in trophy count while Kyoto I think traditionally hover about the middle to lower reaches of the league. And that's when they're there - at times they're consigned to the second division.

Formerly known as Kyoto Purple Sanga, I wonder why they changed their name? Brevity, does everyone in Kyoto know that this "sanga" is purple?

Kyoto Sanga F.C. (京都サンガF.C. Kyōto Sanga Efushī?) is a Japanese professional football (soccer) club based in Kyoto. The word "Sanga" is a Sanskrit term meaning "group" or "club", often used to denote Buddhist congregations. This reflects Kyoto's tradition of Buddhist temples (see sangha). The club was formerly known as Kyoto Purple Sanga with "purple", the colour of the team uniforms, an imperial colour reflecting Kyoto's status as Japan's ancient imperial capital city. It was decided however that, from 2007, the team will simply been known as "Kyoto Sanga". They are the oldest club competing in the J. League. A korean star Park Ji Sung helped Purple Sanga to win the Emperors Cup which was their very first one.

Ah, it's not like that

Quote:
let me give u a lil love

Last edited by Jeffrey; December 24th, 2009 at 18:56.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2009, 19:15
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
When will Endo come to Europe? He should by now.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2009, 19:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I don't think he ever will. I hear nothing.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2009, 14:27
Forum Manager
Rising Star

Teams: South Melbourne
Eddy Bosnar has signed with Shimizu S-Pulse after leaving relegated JEF United Chiba.

Seems Endo is happy in Gamba and the language barrier might be an issue for him to leave overseas. Shame though since he is class.

Tulio to Nagoya, wonder how will their opposition react in set plays when they're required to mark both him and Kennedy
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2009, 11:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
VVV heeft ook Japanse verdediger op het oog

28/12/2009 12:31

Naast Shinji Kagawa volgt VVV-Venlo nog meer uit Japan afkomstige spelers. Maya Yoshida is een van de kandidaten om in de voetsporen te treden van de vertrekkende Keisuke Honda.

'Yoshida is een zeer interessante speler', bevestigt VVV-voorzitter Hai Berden aan Voetbal International. 'Hij is een van de kandidaten die we op het oog hebben, maar van een contract is absoluut nog geen sprake.'

Yoshida is een 22-jarige verdediger, die momenteel onder contract staat bij Nagoya Grampus. Hij was jeugdinternational en kwam met Japan uit op de Olympische Spelen van 2008.
VVV interested in Yoshida. No offer yet made though but is he any good?

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2009, 17:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'll investigate bigsoccer lol
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2009, 17:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

"Maya Yoshida to VVV Venlo."

"It would be interesting to see how this works out. It's the first time a Japanese DF goes to Europe at this age, isn't it? It should be good news for the future JNT."
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2009, 17:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Talking of Japanese defenders, just wondering, was Miyamoto a success at Red Bull Salzburg?
he was heavily linked with Vitesse Arnhem before he went there

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2009, 17:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well, I didn't keep track, but...

He continued to study at Doshisha University well into his professional career, graduating and finishing his studies. Miyamoto speaks fluent English, with a little French also in his canon, after spending time with Gamba team mates Claude Dambury and Patrick Mboma in the past, as well as coach Federic Antonetti. While in Austria, he studied German.

While he was the de facto team captain of Gamba Osaka in 2004 and 2005, Gamba's coach was unhappy at the time spent with the national team by Miyamoto and handed the captaincy of Gamba to Satoshi Yamaguchi. Miyamoto continued to captain Japan for a while, ironically, often sitting on the bench for Gamba Osaka. But his professionalism shone through, and he took it all in stride. With Ivica Osim taking over the national team from Zico in 2006, Japan saw a clean sweep and Miyamoto was one of many who had probably played his last game for the Japan national team. In December 2006, Miyamoto signed for 1 season with Red Bull Salzburg with an option for another season.[1] In December 2007, he signed a new deal with the Austrian club through 2009.[2]

On, 15 January, 2009, he signed for Vissel Kobe.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2009, 17:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Miyamoto signs new contract
Kyodo News

Tsuneyasu Miyamoto has signed a new deal at SV Salzburg that will keep him at the Austrian first division club through June 2009, the former Japan captain revealed Wednesday on his official home page. "The fact that they (Salzburg) have offered me a new deal means they rate me," said Miyamoto, who joined Salzburg from Gamba Osaka in January. "I am delighted to have won a new contract and want to continue make a contribution to the team," he said. Miyamoto captained Japan team at the 2002 World Cup and during last year's World Cup in Germany.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2009, 10:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFC.com
Nagoya's Yoshida to join Venlo
Print E-mail
Tuesday, 29 December 2009 14:48

JapanTOKYO: Nagoya Grampus defender Maya Yoshida will join Dutch first-division side VVV Venlo, the J-League club said Monday.

"I have made up my mind to play for VVV to fulfill my dream of making it big in Europe," said the 21-year-old Yoshida, who joined Nagoya from their youth outfit in 2007 and has scored five goals in 71 J-League games.

His contract is to last three and a half years with an annual salary of more than 500,000 euros, the minimum wage guaranteed to a non-EU player, Kyodo News reported.

He is due to travel on to Venlo after making his international debut in Japan's AFC Asian Cup qualifier against Yemen away on January 6.

Keisuke Honda, a former Nagoya midfielder, has been playing at Venlo since January last year.

But the 23-year-old international is seen on the verge of moving to another European side after scoring 24 goals in 67 games for Venlo. CSKA Moscow is reportedly a strong contender to acquire Honda against such Dutch powerhouses as PSV Eindhoven and Ajax.
Nothing yet on the VVV Venlo website though I guess they're just inactive with the Christmas holidays

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2010, 20:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Here's something. Bando, soon to be formerly of Gamba Osaka, will transfer to cross-town rivals Cerezo.

By the way the only time I really noticed Yoshida in yesterday's EC Final was when booked for committing a challenge. I placed a lot of my focus on the passing and respective attacking intents of each team.

Last edited by Jeffrey; January 1st, 2010 at 20:47.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2010, 10:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Another Gamba-related transfer: Yamazaki will go on loan to Sanfrecce Hiroshima, the club who will enjoy their first ACL campaign in their history.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2010, 00:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Another former Bundesliga player flying to Nippon with Matthew Spiranovic joining Urawa Reds on loan from Nurnberg with the option to buy. He's really been struggling for playing time so it could be good for him. Well, he's a young central defender and some of us think he's got a lot a promise and will be a large part of the future defense. Moore and Neill is established and Verbeek trusts them although fans are losing belief in Craig Moore, fearing he's past it [losing pace]. He's been booted out of his club Brisbane by coach Ange Postecoglou. Will be exciting to see how Matthew performs in Saitama.

Last edited by Jeffrey; January 8th, 2010 at 01:57.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2010, 13:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
They have had worse center backs in the past. Zappella is the first name which crosses my mind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in