Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
World Cup Qualifiers (Asia)

Singapore 2 - 0 Lebanon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2008, 22:40
Super
Star Player

Teams: Bayern, NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Islanders.
All I know is that China isn't going to advance as usual.

Never let desperation make you gullible.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2008, 13:25 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Meanwhile, Uzbekistan beat Saudi Arabia 3-0!

Group is wide open at the moment, although Saudi Arabia and Lebanon appear to be the favourites. Uzbekistan has also been very impressive over the past year or two.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2008, 14:19
Premier Player

Teams: S.Korea, Athletic Club Bilbao, Pohang Steelers
Yeah, there were some interesting result in this round. Saudi, Japan are well known victims.

I thought a draw is not bad for China. I'm just suprised Socceroos didn't win that game

We miss Guus Hiddink days... But we need to move on for better future.

Ji-Sung Park
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2008, 14:57
Rookie

Teams: Lebanon, Bayern München, Nejmeh, Olympique Lyon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
Group is wide open at the moment, although Saudi Arabia and Lebanon appear to be the favourites. Uzbekistan has also been very impressive over the past year or two.
Not true, Lebanon is not considerd as favourites.....
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2008, 06:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by seolkihyun View Post
I'm just suprised Socceroos didn't win that game
We had a crisis of attacking options. Viduka, Kewell, Cahill, Kennedy, McDonald - were absent for varying reasons, mainly injury. Add to that Thompson's injury in the 8th minute. Altitude must also be taken into consideration, the players showed considerable effort early on, which tailed off. All in all it's a good result for us.

As mentioned, some interesting results across the continent. It would be nice to see a new face emerge as a true contender for qualification, such as the Uzbeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2008, 23:07
Super
Star Player

Quote:
I thought a draw is not bad for China. I'm just suprised Socceroos didn't win that game
It is bad for China. Considering they played at home and missed the winning PK in the last minute. Australia should feel lucky they came away with a point, especially some key players were missing due to injury.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2008, 05:10
Forum Manager
Rising Star

Teams: South Melbourne
The only two teams having full points from the two played rounds are Bahrain and Uzbekistan, both from pot 2. Some of the pot 1 teams even tasted defeat in the second match

Most interestingly, the China-Australia result creates a huge rift among the fans, with some happy with the draw and some very angry that Australia did not go for the win.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2008, 22:17
Super
Star Player

It wasn't a bad result for Australia. It could have been worse, at least they got a point out of the match, especially an away match, not to mention missing those key players.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2008, 09:04
Rising Star

Teams: Parma FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammstein View Post
All I know is that China isn't going to advance as usual.
Quote:
Yeah, there were some interesting result in this round. Saudi, Japan are well known victims.

Forget it,we can't get the 2010 World Cup qualification!
Why?Chinese player's low ability is not the main reason,the corruption,the bureaucratism which surrounding the CFA(China Football Association) is the prime criminal!
Disgusting result made us always feel frustrated,20 years have passed,China National Football Team never beat Korea NT even once!That sounds unbelievable!But it is true!
I admit Korea NT is a good team in Asia,but 20-year without one victory,that sucks!CFA is totally a bull sh*t!

bankrupt again?????????????
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2008, 02:12
Super
Star Player

It is amazing that one nation can dominate another for 20 years in football. There is no hope for Chinese football. I am sure most of their fans have given up on them already.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2008, 21:09
Premier Player

It's strange that China dominates other sports except baseball and football. :rollani:

Yes, it is true that China didn't beat South Korea over a decade, what others like to call it 'Koreaphobia'. But whenever South Korea plays against China, that history also burdens to S.Korea team and coaches since they don't want to be the first victim to lose to China.

Well, for China fans...at least you can count on women's football

Ji-Sung Park
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2008, 16:30
Rising Star

Quote:
It's strange that China dominates other sports except baseball and football. :rollani:

Yes, it is true that China didn't beat South Korea over a decade, what others like to call it 'Koreaphobia'. But whenever South Korea plays against China, that history also burdens to S.Korea team and coaches since they don't want to be the first victim to lose to China.

Well, for China fans...at least you can count on women's football
In 1999,there was an amazing woman football team that we had.Sunwen showed what a world-classic woman player should be.After 2000 Olympic Games,"great CFA" screwed up the whole team,it became a tool for help them(some officials) get promotion!On 2004,we lost our Olympic games with humiliating result "0-8" against German!This never happened before,even on China Man football team!
From then,we lost our faith with our girls!This is not their fault,this is total CFA's fault!!!
Now there is no qualified China NT!whatever male team or female.
Refer to the young team.Ok,if you know,China youth always get good results in some international matches.That is a little funny or incredible:why youth team does well,but NT does bad?Cause some of youth team players had changed or hidden their ages before attending match!So maybe in a U-21 game,there are some players whose ages over 25!And to attend various kinds of age-limited games,they changed their ages over and over again!There is a joke,a journalist gave a NT player an interview:how old are you?the answer is:3 years ago I was 19,2 years ago I was 23,last year I was 25.Oh,damn it,I can figure out how old I am this year!
Is that funny?But is realism in China Football Field!The culprit is those fu*king officials!
This is not Koreaphobia problem,this is a system problem,if we don't solve it,there is never a method to overcome Koreaphobia.If you meet a Chinese football fan,you can ask him in private(remember "in private",we Chinese don't want to lose face in public):if you have confidence with your NT?I think most of them would say:No!
There is a lot of problems with China Football!Hard to explain it in detail.
In a word,in a decade,even a huge revolution will happen in football field. China NT won't become better!

Last edited by frey; April 14th, 2008 at 17:03.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2008, 16:45
Rising Star

I would like to see who will the first Korean coach lose the game against our team in recent 20 years!That record need to be broken!
I don't mean to say if this happen,China Football will be stronger,I just curious about breaking record~

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2008, 00:28
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by frey View Post
In 1999,there was an amazing woman football team that we had.Sunwen showed what a world-classic woman player should be.After 2000 Olympic Games,"great CFA" screwed up the whole team,it became a tool for help them(some officials) get promotion!On 2004,we lost our Olympic games with humiliating result "0-8" against German!This never happened before,even on China Man football team!
From then,we lost our faith with our girls!This is not their fault,this is total CFA's fault!!!
Now there is no qualified China NT!whatever male team or female.
Refer to the young team.Ok,if you know,China youth always get good results in some international matches.That is a little funny or incredible:why youth team does well,but NT does bad?Cause some of youth team players had changed or hidden their ages before attending match!So maybe in a U-21 game,there are some players whose ages over 25!And to attend various kinds of age-limited games,they changed their ages over and over again!There is a joke,a journalist gave a NT player an interview:how old are you?the answer is:3 years ago I was 19,2 years ago I was 23,last year I was 25.Oh,damn it,I can figure out how old I am this year!
Is that funny?But is realism in China Football Field!The culprit is those fu*king officials!
This is not Koreaphobia problem,this is a system problem,if we don't solve it,there is never a method to overcome Koreaphobia.If you meet a Chinese football fan,you can ask him in private(remember "in private",we Chinese don't want to lose face in public):if you have confidence with your NT?I think most of them would say:No!
There is a lot of problems with China Football!Hard to explain it in detail.
In a word,in a decade,even a huge revolution will happen in football field. China NT won't become better!
I knew it! I knew there was something going on China player's age, but didn't know that problem is really serious.

Well, good luck to China football. Hope you guys can rebuild the team. Maybe, upcoming Olympics can change some stuff. BTW, where are all those 'platinum generations'?

Ji-Sung Park
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2008, 04:36
Rising Star

Quote:
I knew it! I knew there was something going on China player's age, but didn't know that problem is really serious.

Well, good luck to China football. Hope you guys can rebuild the team. Maybe, upcoming Olympics can change some stuff. BTW, where are all those 'platinum generations'?
Good memory:thmbup:.You still remember the 'platinum generations'!
Unfortunately, almost all of them have miserable destinies.Remember the goolie Anqi,that time he was considered as the "China Buffon",what about today's Anqi.Do you know he was impounded for hunting hooker?
And the "freekick expert"--Xvliang,was fired by Liaoning football club,and had to play in China second division league(this year he is back to China Super League with Guangzhou team)!And Yutao hasn't been on line-up for a long time.You know, many "platinum generations"playing for Dalian Club,which is the best club in China,and I beg to say,only Dalian can represent chinese football teams fighting against Korean and Jpanese clubs.But look at these "platinum generations",look at what they have done in Dalian?Except Wangsheng,they were even not qualified for being on pitch.
There are just two qualified "platinum generations"---Qubo and Sunxiang.Qubo scored in the match against Argentina in 2001 world youth tournament,that is much impressive.Then Hot Spur offered him a trial.Damn stupid PERM closed the door for Qubo to England.Sunxiang,you can't forget PSV,Park ji-sung and Lee Young-pyo started their Europe tour from there,so as Sunxiang.He made Chinese CL debut in PSV.
This is the situation of today's "platinum generations"

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2008, 14:10
Star Player

Teams: Internazionale Milano, Inter Baku and Neftci Baku
best Asian player is Turkmenistans Nazar Bayramov

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in