THE FINAL!!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 07:34 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan, Iraq NT
THE FINAL!!!!

After a long and painful journey, Asia's best two go to battle, to determine the 'BEST FOOTBALL NATION IN ASIA', Iraq showed their excellent defending attacking ability, to send 2 time winners Korea crashing out. while Saudi came on top of a 5 goal classic with highly rated Japan, to book there place in the 'should be' thrilling finale with Iraq.

Please share your thaughts and opinians... i want to speak about the Iraq-Korea game...that will follow soon enough

“ I have played with many defenders, like Thuram, Cannavaro, Pique, Puyol, I have played with many fantastic central defenders, but this player is like all of them put together.” - Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Thiago Silva
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 08:47
Rookie of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: LA FRANCE
Well done Iraq, it was a gutsy performance by them! Although both teams could have settled the match before it went to penalties.
Hope they go on to win the tournament against the saudis
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 20:23
Super
Star Player

Teams: Bayern, NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Islanders.
I hope Iraq wins the title, that will be some sort of story.

Never let desperation make you gullible.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 20:25
Legend

My heart is with Iraq

Certified thread killer - Best on the web.

No one ever says "It's only a game!" when their team is winning .

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. -Kipling
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 21:00
Mesopotamian
Premier Player

Teams: Iraq & Germany
I'm so proud of my country
It's hard to celebrate in Kuwait,
But in my heart I'm in Iraq and celebrating with Iraqis
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 21:07
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussav
:thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

Certified thread killer - Best on the web.

No one ever says "It's only a game!" when their team is winning .

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. -Kipling
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2007, 21:55
Seis Copas
International

Quote:
Yea bro, same feeling here!

I swear I ain't gonna lie, I shed tears watching their celebration. I don't know if people realize how big this is for the people back home, I swear I spoke to my cousins and I know how much they going through each day with security issues and everything but the first thing that came out of their mouths was "Did you see the game??? Did you see the win!!!???" everyone took the streets and even with the sickness and hatred of a few people who killed 50 people last night, it didn't stop 'em from celebrating over and over again!

I know this is a big achievement by itself but I don't think the job is done and we got to focus on Sunday because Saudi is a helluva team and inshAllah we'll come out with a victory.

God bless Iraq and God bless everyone for their support! :thmbup:
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2007, 00:30 Thread Starter
Star Player

I was among the very dedicated, proud Iraqis fortunate enough to watch this game.

I think the overall tone of this game was partially conservative on Korea's part, they had alot getting back to defend, and though very nearly, they never failed that mission. there attacking department was, though not as succesfull, good, they had some excellent chances, the main trend of their attack was coming in from the wings and relying on the foreheads to add the points on the scoreboard. overall the team had an excellent game, and seemed to never show signs of fatigue.

Iraq on the otherhand had several very very close chances, had they taken these, it would have been atleast 3 on the scoreboard. The defending was excellent, the two R.Carlos's where truly fenominal. and Sabri i think had a reasonably easy night as far as the match time is concered, i rate him highly, souly for his GK abilities, and definatly not for his acting! :smileani: the attack had some superb chances to finish the game early, but i guess it was not meant to be.

90mins were not enough to settle the outcome, so two 15min extra halves were installed. this failed to guide a winner into the final, so PK's where the only way to do so.

Korea taking the first shot, did well, putting pressure on the Iraqis, sadly for them Iraq responded. it was the 4th kick that brought along drama. as Sabri lept to the right to shield the ball from the net. sending huge huge hopes to all Iraqi players and fans. after that shot, normal busieness resumed as far as Iraq where concerned. it reached the 5th shot, and there was unaccountable pressure on Korea, as the shot HAD to be put in the back net. Unfortunatly for all Koreans, the ball decided to take a smack into the bottom (goalie) right post, leaving the Iraqis extatic with their historic win.

Lets hope we go all the way guys.
and thanks Korea for a truly amazing game.

Il yom yomak ya Iraqi

Allah ma3akum ya shabab!

“ I have played with many defenders, like Thuram, Cannavaro, Pique, Puyol, I have played with many fantastic central defenders, but this player is like all of them put together.” - Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Thiago Silva
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2007, 01:28
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
Iraq all the way

I didn't watch the semi final but there is a lot of Iraqi's in Sydney and at about 11pm 50 car horns went nuts through the streets so i knew you lot won, best of luck.

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2007, 03:16
Star Player

Teams: Valencia, Roma
Iraq did really well against Korea and other teams.You are an inspiration to people all around the world.Good luck next match against the Saudis and I do hope you could qualify the 2010 world cup. You are the toughest!
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2007, 12:46
Rising Star

My hearts with Iraq as well, and i hope they win to bring some joy to their people. but maybe Saudi have too much quality...
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2007, 03:29 Thread Starter
Star Player

This is what i think:

Saudi have great experience with regrads to big events like this, they have won it 3 times, and this could well be their 4th, i think their quality and experience will be a huge factor in this game, Iraq will have to develop a remedy to contain them, this is why i think Iraq will play defensive-counter attack football. my hopes is that our ambition and desire will carry us to success.

Two things can spell FAILURE for our boys:

1- Fatigue, as the game develops the pace of the game may take its tole on our boys, not to mention the 120mins most of them played in the semis.

2- Passing, as i have seen we either dont pass when we need to, or our passes are too soft or strong!

Two things can spell FAILURE for the Saudi's:

1- Cockiness, they could take the game as a little breeza, and be shocked by our boys.

2- Finishing, our boys finishing may finally click and cause chaos!

post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2007, 05:59
International

Teams: La Nazionale
The world backs Iraq, but I do think that Saudi will take this one in 90 minutes. Their twin strike-force is deadly, and I just don't see Iraqi defenders dealing with it.

Of course I hope to be wrong.
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2007, 06:54
Premier Player

Teams: the red devils
It doesn’t matter to me who wins know I will be happy for both im just glad we beaten japan and had our revenge. I will be happy for iraq to win this cuz they need something to ease their suffering and I don’t want to see al those crazy ppl dancing in the streets of Riyadh and stopping traffic I HATE THEM, so its okay for me really if iraq wins, but I want Saudi to win… no wait iraq no no Saudi no… aaah I cant make up my mined,
good luck to both of us

One point though, in the final im not sure that malek will pass the ball at all, he is one of most selfish players ive ever seen, it doesn’t matter how good he was he was always selfish and now that he have more confidence after his goals against japan he will be even more selfish.

Also I hope we never see tukar (one of the worst players ive ever saw, every thing he does is wrong).

Id rather know something about every thing than know every thing about something
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2007, 16:24
Xtratime Legend

South Korea finish third, defeating Japan 6-5 on penalties.

What a joke though, they've been shit all tournament. They were as bad, if not even worse, as we were, yet they get third. Talk about luck!
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2007, 16:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
So after this winning , Korea (the 3rd ) will qualify directly to the next asian tournament with Saudi Arabia and Iraq ( the 1st and 2nd ) ..
without playing in the qualifying stages .
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2007, 22:39
Mesopotamian
Premier Player

Teams: Iraq & Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite
So after this winning , Korea (the 3rd ) will qualify directly to the next asian tournament with Saudi Arabia and Iraq ( the 1st and 2nd ) ..
without playing in the qualifying stages .
Yeah and that leaves Japan, Iran and Australia playing in the qualifying stages along side with North Korea, Kuwait, UAE, Jordan, Syria, Vietnam, Thailand and the rest Asian teams

3 teams qualifed from the Asian Cup 2007 (Iraq, KSA and South Korea)
2 teams from the Challenge Cup (2008 and 2010 Champions)
1 Host (Qatar)

10 seats left

Last edited by Mussav; July 28th, 2007 at 22:45.
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2007, 02:26
Forum Manager
Rising Star

Teams: South Melbourne
I wonder what Japan would think about this qualification method, since they went through qualifiers for this Asian Cup despite being the defending champion. Korea...can't believe they got through this far without scoring a single goal for more than six hours....

The ref is also shit with lots of questionable calls for both teams, kinda ruined the game for me. I hope the final will be different though, with an Australian representative in the game j/k I also like Australian NT.
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2007, 02:36 Thread Starter
Star Player

Well the Koreans have surprised me , they have done well to hold the Japanese strike force, i had thaught Japan would take 3rd.

As for the final, i do agree with you guy's that Saudi are favourites to take it. I'd say 60-40, but believing cost nothing.

post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2007, 04:37
Premier Player

Teams: Fenerbahce
Quote:
2 teams from the Challenge Cup (2008 and 2010 Champions)
AFC is a joke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in