Malaysia 1 0 0 1 1 5 0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 11:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
Malaysia v Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan is better and had the experiences of this tournament .

the match has just started .. i doubt to be interesting .
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 11:34
Xtratime Legend

Very soft goal Malaysia gave away for Shatskikh.

The Uzbek's will comfortably win this.

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 11:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
agreed ,

2-0

till now .. in 33 min

and i think Uzbekistan able to score more .
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 11:57
International

Teams: Arsenal, Barbarez FC
malaysia malaysia malaysia.................................. one word sums them up... POOR..that is in more ways than one

Legende BH Fudbala:

Sergej Barbarez, Meho Kodro, Elvir Bolic, Emir Spahic, Zlatan Bajramovic, Sasa Papac, Muhamed Konjic, Mirsad Hibic, Zvjezdan Misimovic.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 12:07
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarez01
malaysia malaysia malaysia.................................. one word sums them up... POOR..that is in more ways than one
They'd beat us.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 12:17
International

Teams: Arsenal, Barbarez FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onree
They'd beat us.
na i think it would be 1-1

Legende BH Fudbala:

Sergej Barbarez, Meho Kodro, Elvir Bolic, Emir Spahic, Zlatan Bajramovic, Sasa Papac, Muhamed Konjic, Mirsad Hibic, Zvjezdan Misimovic.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 13:22
Premier Player

Teams: Internazionale F.C. and Argentina
Technically among the 4 host nations they are on about the same level, with maybe Thailand a little bit ahead of the pack. Although not saying much, if there is such a thing as power houses in South East Asia, Malaysia will be right in it along with Thais, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Singapore.

But among these nations they are the easiest to get rattled mentally, especially when odds are against them (like playing bigger name oppositions or playing away from home in a hostile environment). Just from my experience watching ASEAN games, Tiger Cup and so on.

Another thing is they never get a good coach. I mean watching them today with that bald number 10 (Hardi is his name I think?) playing infront of the defense in a sort of Pirlo role is completely laughable. Here they are facing a faster, bigger, overall better squad in Uzbekistan, and they leave that tiny number 10 alone infront of the defense most of the time.

Where the hell is the home support as well?

Internazionale F.C.
Copyright 2001/2002

formerly known as zanetti#4
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 13:25
Xtratime Legend

Some of those Uzbek goals were awesome, although Malaysia (clearly out of their depth) certainly made it easy.

Very handy unit, they'd probably do alright in UEFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanna4
Technically among the 4 host nations they are on about the same level, with maybe Thailand a little bit ahead of the pack. Although not saying much, if there is such a thing as power houses in South East Asia, Malaysia will be right in it along with Thais, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Singapore.

But among these nations they are the easiest to get rattled mentally, especially when odds are against them (like playing bigger name oppositions or playing away from home in a hostile environment). Just from my experience watching ASEAN games, Tiger Cup and so on.

Another thing is they never get a good coach. I mean watching them today with that bald number 10 (Hardi is his name I think?) playing infront of the defense in a sort of Pirlo role is completely laughable. Here they are facing a faster, bigger, overall better squad in Uzbekistan, and they leave that tiny number 10 alone infront of the defense most of the time.

Where the hell is the home support as well?
On our telecast the commentators were talking about ethnic divisions in the team as well - some very good players apparently missed out on selections, and the team they had was an all-Malay team. No Chinese or Indian players, and they were saying it was causing internal problems and a genuine dislike among the supporters.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 13:36
Premier Player

Teams: Internazionale F.C. and Argentina
Definitely I saw Indian players on the field today. Although there is one Chinese stand out that is a regular (a good one actually) and not there.

Internazionale F.C.
Copyright 2001/2002

formerly known as zanetti#4
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 15:34
Rising Star

everyone who plays Malaysia seems to look like a World Class side, but yea so dissapointing man this Malaysian side. very dissapointing team, crowd, and everything...
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 17:24
International

Teams: La Nazionale
Terrible performance from Malaysia. I expected a lot better from them - to think that I rated them second best in SEA in terms of pure technical ability before the tournament started..

What was the attendance in Bukit Jalil? I just cannot imagine Malaysians would ditch their team like that, especially in a tournament as huge as the Asian Cup when their country is hosting this for the very first time. I'm disappointed to say the least.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 17:39
Rising Star

You wont believe this...5000 people showed up for the match in a stadium where it accomodates 100,000 people. while in Jakarta the stadium was jam PACKED... a FULL HOUSe. wad a difference
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2007, 08:48 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
Ghalenoei: My absence will not affect us

KUALA LUMPUR - Iran coach Amir Ghalenoei has expressed astonishment at his enforced absence from the bench for Team Melli’s crucial AFC Asian Cup 2007 match against China on Sunday, but insists that he will not be missed.

The former Eteghlal boss received a one match ban after he was sent to the stands during Iran’s opening 2-1 defeat of Uzbekistan for throwing a water bottle at an official.

Whilst continuing to strenuously deny the charge and questioning why Qatar coach Dzemaludin Musovic was not punished for a similar brush with the authorities, Ghalenoei was at pains to point out that he has the utmost faith in the rest of Iran’s backroom staff ahead of a game that looks set to
decide who will finish at the top of Group C.

“My problem here has not been resolved so I will be suspended for the China game. Having said that though, I am amazed that the coach of Qatar has not been similarly punished after what he did against Japan,” the 43-year-old said.

“My decision was a very unfair one because it was a mistake by referee. I threw the water bottle after a mistake by one of my players and not at an official. Even when they had made their decision, I went to the stands very quietly. I am amazed that they are suspending me.

“I have a great belief in my staff though. It is not going to make a big difference if I am not there,” he added.

Last Wednesday’s come from behind win against the Uzbeks gave Iran the perfect start in a competition they have already won on three occasions.

Nevertheless, Ghalenoei knows his charges will face a stiff challenge from a China side who opened their account with a 5-1 thrashing of Malaysia.

“The game we have already had was very difficult, but we got the three points and we are going into the China match very motivated.

“I believe our team is going to get better and better as the tournament progresses. Having said that, China are a very good side. They are well organised defensively and their defenders support the attack well.

“I also believe they play at a faster pace than they used to. I really do think that we are going to have a tough time but China do also have their weaknesses.”

Whilst naturally reluctant to reveal who will start tomorrow, Ghalenoei was however confident that whoever represents Iran would perform to the best of their ability in the face of what is certain to be a concerted Chinese team effort.

“The system I choose to play is based purely on the ability of my players to perform in their positions and the players who are playing offensively must be able to defend.

“I am not focussing on one or two Chinese players because I prefer to look at the threat their whole team has, I am definitely not setting up my team to only counter one or two of their players.”

Last edited by Real_Madrid; July 15th, 2007 at 08:53.
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2007, 08:49 Thread Starter
Legend

Inileyev: We can play better

KUALA LUMPUR – Despite watching his side cruise to a 5-0 victory over Malaysia on Saturday, Uzbekistan coach Rauf Inileyev said that there is still room for improvement for his side before their crunch AFC Asian Cup match with China next week.

Maksim Shatskikh scored a brace and Timur Kapadze, Ulugbek Bakaev and Aziz Ibragimov added a goal each as the central Asians bounced back from their opening 2-1 loss to Iran to put themselves back in contention for a place in the last eight.

It was the biggest ever win recorded by the Uzbeks at the AFC Asian Cup but Inileyev was not completely happy with the performance of his side.

“I am not 100% satisfied with our performance although I felt that we played at a very good level today and I am pleased with the result that we got,” said the Uzbek coach.

“I never thought that we could win 5-0 so this is a very good result for us. But perhaps the most important thing is that we showed good form and we collected three points.”

Inileyev’s main concern was the ability of his side to maintain their fitness levels throughout the duration of the match in the energy-sapping heat and humidity of Kuala Lumpur.

“I am satisfied with our performance and the five goals that we scored but we had some problems that we will try to resolve before our next game.

“It is very hard to play for 90 minutes in this type of climate and that is why in the middle of the game, our form dipped.

“But our physical training here has helped us to get used to the conditions and I felt today that we maintained our strength for a longer period than we did in our last game.

“If we can bring together all of the good things that we have done in our games so far, I believe we can do better in our next game against China.”

Last edited by Real_Madrid; July 15th, 2007 at 08:54.
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2007, 08:50 Thread Starter
Legend

Norizan laments lack of quality

KUALA LUMPUR – Under-fire Malaysia coach Norizan Bakar admitted on Saturday that his side does not have the quality to compete with their Group C opponents at the AFC Asian Cup.

Having dropped their opener 5-1 to China, the co-hosts shipped another five goals in a 5-0 trouncing by Uzbekistan at Bukit Jalil National Stadium, which all but eliminated them from the competition.

Norizan had been trying to restore some confidence in his team after their heavy defeat to the Chinese, but he found himself in a defensive mode once again when he faced the media after yet another debacle.

His main point in a rambling press conference was that his side were not equipped to compete at a higher level.

“We qualified for the tournament as hosts and we understand that we are playing at a different level,” said the Malaysia coach.

“But I have to say that the players, even though they know where they are, are still keen to represent their country and they are trying.

“These players are still trying to do something but when you talk about the aspects of the game, you have to talk about the level.“

The central Asian side took advantage of sloppy defending by the co-hosts to race into a 3-0 lead by half-time through goals by Shatskikh and Timur Kapadze and a stoppage time penalty by Ulugbek Bakaev.

Substitute Aziz Ibragimov and Shatskikh, with his second of the match, added late goals to pile the misery on the Malaysians.

“We lost to a better team. We tried to make corrections from our first match, but it failed,” said Norizan.

“It was a difficult game for us against a team that is physically stronger than us.

“We tried to match them and improve from our first game. But whatever changes we made, it did not work and I am not happy with the result.

”I reminded the players early in the match that they need to watch the crosses and the long balls, but somehow they lapsed in concentration.

”The players were trying to play with more urgency but at the end of the day, the Uzbeks had the advantage in terms of passing and all aspects of the game. When we tried to make good passes, they were intercepted and that only caused our defence to make more mistakes.
"We are not thinking about the losses but after two defeats, the psychology of the team would be affected,” he concluded.

Last edited by Real_Madrid; July 15th, 2007 at 08:57.
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2007, 09:06 Thread Starter
Legend

High-flying Wang stays focussed

KUALA LUMPUR – Despite an impressive two-goal outing on his AFC Asian Cup debut, China’s Wang Dong is not about to get carried away with his new-found fame.

The Changchun Yatai winger caught the eye in his country’s Group C opener against Malaysia on Tuesday, shredding the co-hosts apart on the right flank throughout the evening, setting up Han Peng’s opener and netting two second-half goals as the Chinese romped to a 5-1 win.

It was a fine individual performance but with tough encounters to come against Iran and Uzbekistan in the group stage, the 25-year-old is not about to allow personal glory to get in the way of helping China to advance to the quarter-finals.

“I wouldn’t position myself as a big player on this team. I am just an ordinary player doing my job,” said Wang in the build-up to Sunday’s clash against Iran, a re-match of the 2004 Asian Cup semi-final which the Chinese won on penalties.

“I was happy with my performance against Malaysia but I still feel that I did not show my full ability in that match.

“There are still some areas in which I want to improve and I will continue to try to do that in our upcoming games.”

A former China U-23 international, Wang is a relative new addition to the senior side, having only made his international debut in an Asian Cup qualifier against Singapore last September.

The hard-working Qingdao native has gradually worked his way into contention for a spot in Zhu Guanghu’s side with his solid performances for Changchun Yatai, a club that he joined as a 14-year-old.

Wang netted 14 goals when Changchun won promotion to the China Super League in 2005 and has continued to play an influential role for the north-eastern side, who finished fourth in the top flight last year and are tied for first place with Shandong Luneng at the midway point of the current season.

For now though, Wang remains firmly focussed on the task of helping China to qualify for the last eight and possibly improve on their runners-up finish of 2004.

“Every team has its own abilities, strengths and weaknesses. Of course, we will try to go as far as possible this time,” he said.

“I thought that we were just unlucky in the 2004 final. We didn’t have the fortune in the final because Japan’s winning goal came from a handball which the referee didn’t detect. It was just a matter of luck.”

Results have not been impressive for Zhu Guanghu’s side in the build-up to this year’s tournament but Wang believes that China are ready to shine once again in South East Asia.

“We had some problems before because we didn’t have enough training time for our preliminary games and we also didn’t have our best quality players at the time.

“But this time, we have our overseas based players back and a longer training camp, so I think we can do better,” he concluded.
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2007, 11:04
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanggyuman
You wont believe this...5000 people showed up for the match in a stadium where it accomodates 100,000 people. while in Jakarta the stadium was jam PACKED... a FULL HOUSe. wad a difference
Malaysians dont interested on Malaysian football anymore... Coach is sh!t, no, all are sh!t, they dont have good gameplan and lack of dicipline...
But 5k sounds very little, you got from soccernet? I saw that the spectators a bit higher than that...
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2007, 11:21
Premier Player

Go, China, beat Iran!
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2007, 11:22
Premier Player

A beautiful volley from Han Peng, just wide!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in