Legend

Teams: Los Merengues, La Furia Roja, Teem Melli
So guys here are the seedings:

pot 1- spain, brazil, argentina, germany, france, england, italy, mexico

pot 2- angoly, ivory coast, ghana, togo, tunisia, ecuador, paraguay,australia

pot 3- czech, netherlands, poland, portugal, sweden, switzerland, ukraine

pot 4- iran, japan, korea, saudi arabia, costa rica, usa, trinidad and tobago

I would hope to avoid Spain of course

But honestly, anything less than 3 points against any of the pot 2 teams would be unnacceptable.

It's going to be tough though no matter who we draw. This is what I hope for:

Pot 1: Mexico
Pot 2: Whoever
Pot 3: Poland

sup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 22:12 Thread Starter
Legend

Where the hell are you guys? The two of you?

Mexico
Angola
Iran
Portugal

I'll post my thoughts later

sup
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 22:20
Mesopotamian
Premier Player

Teams: Iraq & Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyan
Where the hell are you guys? The two of you?

Mexico
Angola
Iran
Portugal

I'll post my thoughts later
Its Easy Group for Portugal and Mexico
but i think Iran have somthing to say.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 22:50
Rising Star

I'm glad we are placed with Mexico who was the no. 1 seed coming to the draw. Also Angola was another wish of mine to be in Iran's group. On the other hand, Portugal is a very lethal team and I think we were a bit unlucky to get them in our group.

It will be a hard road for Iran but it is much possible for us to advance to the next stage.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 23:59
International

You were lucky with the group..It could have been far worse. I think Mexico and Portugal will go through from this group. Portugal is pretty obvious in my opinion due too their performances in the Euro 2004 and the qualification to the World Cup. While Mexico played great football in the Confederation Cup and have more experience than Iran in the different competitions. They also have a more professional league and many south american players in their league that makes the league better than the Iranian league.
But Iran does have a good team, and especially Karimi and Rezai might impress and make you go through. I think some of the other players (Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Mirsapor and Golhammadi) need to be up to their maximum potential if you stand any chances. And Angola is a unknown team, just like Senegal was in the last Cup so you have to be careful against them.
But anyway good luck too you and I will be watching closely at the Iranian NT, since Turkey could not even qualify .
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2005, 16:28 Thread Starter
Legend

Rafo, what's the situation in Iran?

I'm hearing more and more news that we won't be allowed to participate in the WC due to political reasons.

sup
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2005, 16:42
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyan
Rafo, what's the situation in Iran?

I'm hearing more and more news that we won't be allowed to participate in the WC due to political reasons.

Israeli President only wants to attract voters as the month of March marks the elections in their country. If you had followed the previous months events you would have known that Sharon is in desperate need of voters for things haven't been going particularly smooth.
Political Bluff, that's all. I am not an advocate of the Iranian Extremist Regime but do not underestimate their military power. Furthermore, attacking Iran will bring the wrath out of all the other Muslim countries and I do not think Israel is ready for that considering their current struggle with Palestine.
We will be in the WC.
RELAX
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2005, 20:14 Thread Starter
Legend

Now I hear that the president of iranian football admittedly said that several years ago we lost 7-1 to Roma on purpose just to fire the coach:disgusting:

sup
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2006, 14:36
Rookie

Iran has no friendlies yet............every coach says the friendlies and preparation is 50% of what the teams have to say at world cup...................iran oh iran no single friendly set yet why mexico has 8 and angole 6-7(inclusiv africa quali)..........
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2006, 21:59
Star Player

Teams: Bayern München
Japan > Iran > S.Korea > KSA

But we beat Japan in Tehran.

Bagheri won't be in the WC team eventhough he has had some good displays in the recent weeks.

Zandi has been average. But he's still good enough. Nikbakht can replace him.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2006, 17:42
Rookie

Rafo I am sure Bagheri will be invited because it would be really stupid.

It is like Turkey,even if Hakan Sükür doesn't play 90 minutes he is still a experienced player and can help alot in the last minutes to give players the self confidence.

Bagheri is playing a great season,only because he is 33 it should not mean he has no chances
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2006, 03:54 Thread Starter
Legend

Bagheri surely won't start though?

Where is Minavand??

sup
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2006, 13:13
International

What about Kameli and Alavi?? Will they have any chances of making it into the squad?
And Nosrati is he the choice for the side back position? If Kaebi and Mahdavikia both plays then he will have no place. And how do you guys rate Kaebi. He seems pretty quick, and he had a trial for Norwich I think some years ago...
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2006, 11:25
Star Player

Teams: Bayern München
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcraft
What about Kameli and Alavi?? Will they have any chances of making it into the squad?
And Nosrati is he the choice for the side back position? If Kaebi and Mahdavikia both plays then he will have no place. And how do you guys rate Kaebi. He seems pretty quick, and he had a trial for Norwich I think some years ago...
Kabi is one of our most reliable players. He's so consistently good, and that at such a young age. I think Blackburn were also interested in him.

The left back position is the only question mark. 3 guys have a chance to start in the WC.

Kiyan, Minavand plays in the second division. He doesn't stand any chance to be called up. Bagheri won't start in the WC even if he's called up (which I hardly doubt knowing Branko).
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 21:06
Rising Star

Iran defeated a regional German side 5-0 on Monday in their final FIFA World Cup™ warm-up.

After a goalless first half against a team drawn from amateur club sides from regional leagues in the Lake Constance area, Iran dominated the second period.
Playing in front of more than 5,000 fans and cheered on by a mix of German and Iranian songs, substitute Javad Kazemeyan netted in the 52nd minute. Arash Borhani and midfielder Javad Nekonam also scored before Rassoul Khatibi struck twice.

"I am satisfied with the match and for most parts even with the first half. We just missed a few goals," coach Branko Ivankovic told reporters.

He will announce his team on Saturday for Iran's first Group D match against Mexico on Sunday. Ali Karimi took no part in Monday's game but Ivankovic said he would be ready for their FIFA World Cup opener.
"He is virtually fit. He is just scared in the head," he told Reuters. Mehdi Mahdavikia, recovering from a back injury, should also be fit.
Iran's other Group D opponents are Angola and Portugal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in