Javad Nekounam - Osasuna #24 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2006, 05:42 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Osasuna sign Javad Nekounam

By Neissan Ansari & Sam Fakhimi

PFDC - PAMPELONA, Iranian midfielder Javad Nekounam has completed a switch to Spanish side Osasuna. The 25-year-old has agreed a two year contract of 5 millions Euros with an option for the third year and was presented to the local press today by the President of the CA Osasuna, Pachi Izco, and the Sport Director Juanjo Lorenzo.

Nekounam has been a fixture for the Iranian national team, and had been linked with several Bundesliga sides, but instead is bound for the Pamplona based side. The 25-year-old Nekounam has won 76 caps for Team Melli and moves on a free transfer from UAE side Al Sharjah.

Nekounam addressed his first words in front of a huge media mass, "I want to thank the president and the coaching staff of Osasuna. I want to gain great victories with this club and I will put all my effort to obtain it ".

"I follow the Spanish league and I have seen many games. The possibility of playing the Champions League with Osasuna was one of the main reasons that motivated me to come to Osasuna. I am happy to be the first Iranian player in Spain " said Nekounam.

Concerning his adaptation to the Primavera, the midfielder does not think it will be a problem, "I am a professional and I will try to adapt as rapidly as possible".

Sport Director, Juanjo Lorenzo, was delighted to conclude the capture and believes Nekounam will bolter his midfield.

"We propped up the center of the field. He is a talented player of international level. We know that he needs time to adapt but also we know that he will make a great contribution to this team".

Osasuna finished tied for fourth in points in the 2005-2006 La Liga season and will bid to qualify for the group stage of the 2006-2007 Champions League. The Basque side had been a regular middle to bottom finisher until last season when the club made a Champions League run that culminated in an impressive 2-1 victory over third place finisher Valencia in the club's final match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2007, 00:14 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Last-gasp Nekounam fells Bordeaux

UEFA - PAMPLONA, Javad Nekounam's dramatic strike in the last minute of extra time sealed CA Osasuna's place in the last 16 of the UEFA Cup at the expense of FC Girondins de Bordeaux.

Nekounam efforts

The tie had looked set for penalties after 209 minutes without a goal, but the midfielder scored with 20 seconds of the second leg remaining. Indeed, it was Nekounam who had the first and last chances of a fairly uneventful encounter in Pamplona. The Iranian international had warmed the gloves of visiting goalkeeper Ulrich Ramé in the early stages with a fierce 30-metre drive.

Micoud strike

Bordeaux playmaker Johan Micoud signalled the way forward for the French side by unleashing a shot that flew just wide of the right-hand post, while at the other end, home defender Josetxo Romero sent a close-range header wide. The match was generally low on thrills, however, and it was not until the 55th minute that Bordeaux threatened again, Edixon Perea breaking clear of the defence only to be denied by goalkeeper Ricardo López.

Late drama

Both teams had opportunities late on, with Raúl García twice going close for Osasuna and Bordeaux's Marouane Chamakh trying his luck from distance, but ultimately neither could make the breakthrough in normal time. The action also failed to hot up in the extra half-hour with visiting centre-back Gérald Cid offering most menace before Nekounam delivered the knockout blow in dramatic fashion, coolly burying the ball into the corner of the net after being released by David López.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2007, 00:40
Premier Player

Teams: Fenerbahce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0xNmlmalSY

Video of the goal

Nice job Nekounom.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2007, 04:13
Premier Player

Nekounom rated as one of the best players in Uefa Cup game today versus Rangers as the Basque side advance. Can Javad be the first Iranian to win a European trophy?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 11:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Javad Nekounam - Osasuna #24

He got linked with us (Spurs) 2 summers ago, but somehow that didn't go through ( trial or transfer). He then went to the United Arab Emirates and now's at Osasuna.

How's he been doing there as I haven't been following them and how does he rank when it comes to the best Iran have got at the moment?

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 11:59
Premier Player

Nekounom has been fantastic at Osasuna. He has been one of if not their best players this season. Just a shame that he has gotten injured during the important part of their Uefa Cup stretch.

I never used to rate him much, but it seems like he has really found his mold at Osasuna. As far as the best Iranian player currently, I would say he was. Andranik at Bolton and Mahdavikia are the only contenders for his crown.

Interesting enough, if he did win the Uefa Cup or played in the final. That would be a first for an Iranian. Daei sat the bench at the 99 final.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2007, 05:11
Premier Player

Nekounom is training again and might play again this weekend for Osasuna.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 09:27
Premier Player

Nekounom should start tomorrow versus Zaragoza. Good news this is as he should start next week versus Seville in the semifinal of Uefa Cup.

Come on Nekounom!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 23:02
Premier Player

Teams: Athletic
Nekouman should stay at Osasuna, the perfect place for him as the replacer, or he's even better than Puñal, a move to a bigger club would not be good, hopefully soon he will be a UEFA-Cup winner! Aupa Javad!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 16:52
Premier Player

He didn't play so good in the 2nd leg, I sort of wish he can try his trade at a bigger club though. Not that Osasuna is small. He has a release fee of 5m Euros, so I bet some other clubs are lining up.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 20:22
Star Player

Teams: Bayern München
I think he needs AT LEAST another season at Osasuna. They're, eventhough a tad bit too defensive, a really good team. Getting so high in the rankings in the Spanish league doesn't happen accidently.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 20:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo
They're, eventhough a tad bit too defensive,
yeah they should've at least tried to be more attacking by putting on Savo Milosevic when they were two goals down, but no

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2007, 05:07
Premier Player

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.a...enutoId=301294

Nekounam Wants Osasuna Extension

Javad Nekounam has stated that he wants to sign an extension to his contract at Osasuna, but has yet to sit down and hold talks with the club's directors.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2007, 05:22
Rookie

i've thought to myself about nekounam's situation, and it seems to be a better option to fulfill his contract with osasuna. he can become even better when his style of game lines up with his teammates, and he fully adapts...that will take more than one year.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2007, 05:24
Premier Player

If I am not mistaken I think he makes 2m Euros a season. I could be wrong. So the money is there. Osasuna lost Raul Garcia to Atletico for next season. So this is probably a good move as he knows he is guaranteed first team football and Osasuna just have La Liga to deal with next season.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2007, 05:27
Rookie

i mean, we are looking at a very good team actually. osasuna have in many seasons came on top. as mentioned earlier, that can't be an accident. i think overall it fits nekounam, and i don't want him to take a big chance and lose his form and spot with another team.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 05:40
Premier Player

Javad scored for Osasuna as they beat Sociedad 2-0. Can't find any good video of the goal.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2007, 23:19
Premier Player

Nekounom is out for most of the season. He had surgery on his knee recently. Big blow for his club career, especially after such a great season last year.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2007, 01:04
Legend

Teams: Los Merengues, La Furia Roja, Teem Melli
It seems like Javad will sign an extension with Osasuna till 2011!

If only Karimi had the attitude that this guy has..

sup
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2008, 15:25
Premier Player

Nekounom has started training with the first team and may feature in the game this weekend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in