How do you think the asian teams will do in the WC? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2006, 07:56 Thread Starter
International

How do you think the asian teams will do in the WC?

Will the asian teams continue the amazing progress they had in the last World Cup? Wil teams like South Korea and Japan do good again?
And how do you guys rate Irans and Saudi Arabias chances in this tournament.

I personally feel that South Korea and Japan have been playing well after the World Cup and should continue their progress, especially due to the fact that there are many more players from these countries in Europe nowadays and they have played with some of the greats and gain valuable knowledge.

Iran has perhaps the best chances, they have ended up in an easier group than their asian nemesis, and will have fairly good chances to qualify from the group.

Saudi Arabia should have problems in my opinion. They are in a tough group with Spain, Ukraine and Tunisia (possibly the best team in Africa) and shoud have difficulties in qualifying to the next phase..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2006, 08:33
Rising Star

Without the massive home support and dodgy refs, theres no chance in hell that Korea and Japan will do as well.
Korea might make it to the last 16, Japan wouldnt make it out of the group stage after getting smashed 3-0 by Australia, Iran and Saudi Arabia are in tough groups and have no chance. Australia to make the quarters.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2006, 10:54 Thread Starter
International

Ah I forgot Australia is now a part of the asian federation aswell, well you might aswell add them to this discussion aswell. They have a good team, but I doubt they have a better team than Japan and South Korea.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 10:25
Premier Player

Teams: Fenerbahce
Japan and Aus have a tough group, but hopefully one of them will edge Croatia.

I do not see the Saudis

Korea and Iran have a realistic chance if Korea beat the Swiss, and Iran beat Mexico.

Focusing on Iran, if we get past the group, we must play the winner or running of Argentina, Holland, Serbia group. So round 16 and out for us I think.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in