Shunsuke Nakamura - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 125 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2005, 17:45 Thread Starter
International

Shunsuke Nakamura

Celtic have agreed a 2.5m fee with Reggina and hope to sign Japanese International player Shunsuke Nakamura in the next few days.

I know that Japan is an uprising football nation, but the only real "global player" is Nakata just now, so i don't know too much about Nakamura.

Can anyone share some information?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 125 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2005, 18:09
World Class Player

Much better player than Nakata mate, I would of liked to of seen him in Spain as he looks very suited to La Liga.

Freekick machine, pin point passes and very neat feet.

A technical playermaker, you will soon see what I mean by freekick machine.
post #3 of 125 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2005, 18:17
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
he would be a great signing for Celtic, i am really impressed with the players Strachan is going for, Celtic will be worth a watch next year, shame i can't see them on my telly.

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!

post #4 of 125 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2005, 22:33 Thread Starter
International

Cheers lads, the guy sounds very promising indeed.

Apparently there is strong interest in Nakamura from La Liga as well, so it's by no means certain that he'll be signing for Celtic. From the glowing reports i've heard of him i'm praying that he does though of course.

Jern, if you want to see Celtic matches next season then look no further than the multimedia thread on our forum. A download of our first friendly against Fulham will be available in full soon after the match, and if you're a broadband user i can promise they'll be at mega speeds as well.

The majority of the other games will be available throughout the course of the season as well.

PS - Apologies to the Asian users for using their forum for temporary advertising purposes. It won't happen again, i promise.
post #5 of 125 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2005, 11:23
Rising Star

He is anxious to play in Spain and won't move to Scotland.
But I'm happy that Nakamura recieved the offer from Celtic.
Celtic is a great club and has many supporters all over the world.

But no one knows what's going to happen in the world of football.

Anyways, I put Nakamura's video clips here.
http://myhome.naver.com/santatown/sp/nakasp.asx
(This link may not work)

Confederations Cup Japan vs Brazil: Nakamura's equalizer goal
http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/suim...onfed/n001.mpg

Last edited by nakata; July 11th, 2005 at 12:27.
post #6 of 125 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2005, 09:14 Thread Starter
International

Thanks nakata.

Nakamura seems like a great player so obviously i'd be delighted if Celtic were to sign him, and i'm pleased that we're trying to.

That goal against Brazil was fantastic, i remember seeing it on TV.
post #7 of 125 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2005, 18:45
TOON ARMY

if you get him for 2.5m you've got an absolute bargain!

but I do think he'd shine more in a less physical league like La Liga.

Has he said he's interested in playing for Celtic?
post #8 of 125 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2005, 06:42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOON ARMY

Has he said he's interested in playing for Celtic?
Unfortunately, NO.... : :broken:
post #9 of 125 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2005, 04:02
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henrik
Thanks nakata.

Nakamura seems like a great player so obviously i'd be delighted if Celtic were to sign him, and i'm pleased that we're trying to.

That goal against Brazil was fantastic, i remember seeing it on TV.

Your club is very lucky to get Nakamura for 2.5 millions. That price is too cheap considering what he can do to the team. His playmaking ability is second to none in Asia and from what I've seen in Confederation Cup his vision and passing are becoming as good as (if not better than) Juan Carlos Valeron of Depor. You'll be amazed to see how accurate his passings are.

Zhuge Liang
Prime Minister of Shu-Han
post #10 of 125 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2005, 12:51
Premier Player

Teams: S.Korea, Athletic Club Bilbao, Pohang Steelers
Hmm..if Shunsuke Nakamura moves to Celtic, he better should do weight training, and build some strengths.

There is no doubt about his 'golden left foot' which I think best in Asia, but Scottish League maybe a big physical challenge for him.

We miss Guus Hiddink days... But we need to move on for better future.

Ji-Sung Park
post #11 of 125 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2005, 17:31 Thread Starter
International

He sounds like a great player.

The latest on Nakamura is that Celtic will have further talks with Reggina about the transfer tomorrow, we hope to sign the player before Thursday's Champions League 2nd qualifying round deadline so there might be further news before too long.

I haven't heard anything official from Nakamura on Celtic's interest, but our coach Gordon Strachan has said that he's spoken to the player and was told that he's definitely interested in signing for us.

Technical players don't have a problem playing well in the SPL, as long as you have the ability then you can perform in any league i think. Henrik Larsson is a technical player and he was excellent for Celtic.

One other question - the Scottish media are suggesting that if Nakamura signed for Celtic that the popularity of the club would rise in his home Country, there have been rumours about the possibility of Celtic travelling to the Far East to play in some matches should we get this player and that it could potentially earn our club a lot of money.

Do you think any of this is accurate?
post #12 of 125 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2005, 19:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Well, Nakamura is pretty much Japan's star at the moment so if he moved you could guarantee more Japanese interest. But don't expect him to be like Beckham or anything like that.

About his stature. You mention Larsson, yes he was a technical player and of similar size to Nakamura, (probably a bit smaller actually) but he was athletic. Had a lot of body strength. Nakamura is a far more delicate player, has less body strength and pace for that matter aswell.

But on the ball he is sublime. Very creative and has one of the best left foots i've seen anywhere. Superb range of passing and world class a set pieces. If he succeeds i'll be over the moon for him because he really is a special player.

"a fan of Al-Habsi"
post #13 of 125 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2005, 21:29
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henrik
One other question - the Scottish media are suggesting that if Nakamura signed for Celtic that the popularity of the club would rise in his home Country, there have been rumours about the possibility of Celtic travelling to the Far East to play in some matches should we get this player and that it could potentially earn our club a lot of money.

If Celtic buy Nakamura, he will bring the club a lot of money.

Nakamura's physicality is still poor though he developed it a little last season. You had better not underestimate his fragility.
post #14 of 125 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2005, 17:57 Thread Starter
International

Fair enough mutu, Serie A is quite a physical league as well though remember.

Thanks nakata.

Latest information on Nakamura hopefully signing for Celtic.

Nakamura talks on Wednesday

Italian club Reggina hope to come to an agreement with Celtic on Wednesday over the transfer of Japan midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura.

Reggina spokesman Daniele Rindone said: "It is possible that we will come to an agreement for the player.

"There will be a meeting between Reggina and Celtic and it's more likely to be in Glasgow than Milan."

The deal, likely to cost Celtic 2.7m, has been delayed due to negotiations about image rights in Japan.

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan insists that the 27-year-old is keen on signing for the Glasgow club, despite reports suggesting that he would prefer to move to Spain.

"The lad wants to come - contrary to reports - and he knows about the club," said Strachan, who hopes to beat Thursday's Champions League signing deadline.

We are trying to be choosy about who we bring in
Celtic manager Gordon Strachan

"But it is a massive deal. He is a huge personality in Japan and a lot of media rights go along with him.

"That is what is holding up the deal, but I'm sure we will get round that.

"He is a left-footer with a good change of pace.

"He would bring vision to the team and charisma as well I suppose.

"We are trying to be choosy about who we bring in. It would have been easy to bring in loads of Bosmans who are 30 years old.

"We are trying our best to bring in players who will help the group of players who have been here for the last five years - Lennon, Sutton, Hartson, Balde, Varga.

"They need help, not from players who will be dragged along by their coat-tails but who can get in there shoulder to shoulder and try to win trophies."

Strachan pointed out that he had lost 10 first-team players since May and that Didier Agathe, Alan Thompson and Stephen Pearson still had injuries from last season.

Interest shown recently in Nakamura by Deportivo La Coruna and Atletic Madrid has cooled.

Meanwhile, Celtic boss Gordon Strachan remains interested in Southampton pair Claus Lundekvam and Paul Telfer and are poised to sign defender Adam Virgo from Brighton for 1.5m.

Adding Virgo and Nakamura would take Strachan's summer arrivals to six following the signings of Mo Camara, Maciej Zurawski, Jeremie Aliadiere and Artur Boruc.
post #15 of 125 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2005, 18:59
totally innocent
Premier Player

Teams: Ittihad
IMO Nakamura has been Japan's key player for the last few years. He's a class player.

Obituary

Saudi Arabian football 1957-2006

post #16 of 125 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2005, 13:32 Thread Starter
International

A lot of media sources are now claiming that the deal will be finalised today with the announcement made on Nakamura signing for Celtic tomorrow. Apparently it was reports in Japan that revealed this news initially.

I assume this was the Japanese article in question, posted by mincecfc in our Celtic forum.

Nakamura Signs for Celtic?
post #17 of 125 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2005, 15:29
Rising Star

lol

This guy has a Japanese newspaper.
Is he a Celtic fan living in Japan?

Nakamura is likely to transfer to Celtic against my expectation.
To be honest, I still hope he plays in Spain.
But if the club play UEFA Champions League, I don't think it is bad to move to Scotland.
post #18 of 125 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2005, 14:05 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakata
This guy has a Japanese newspaper.
Is he a Celtic fan living in Japan?
Yeah.

Doesn't seem like anything will be announced today now, apparently we should hear some news on Monday but i'm not expecting anything to be finalised until the end of next week at the very least.

Borussia Monchangladbach of Germany are also supposedly interested in signing Nakamura as well now.

CELTIC MUST WAIT ON NAKAMURA

Celtic must wait until Monday at least before moving any closer to signing Shunsuke Nakamura.

The Japan international, 27, will return to his Italian club Reggina at the start of next week where the Hoops are hoping to fend off interest from German side Borussia Monchengladbach.

But Italian lawyer Angelo Massoni, who has been involved in negotiations for the player, is confident a deal for the midfielder will soon be done.

He said: "There is no personal agreement between Nakamura and Celtic.

"He likes the club, but nothing can be done until Reggina and Celtic settle on terms.

"There will be no news until Monday. The interest from Borussia is real as well and I think we are close to having positive news."
post #19 of 125 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2005, 14:20
TOON ARMY

which position would he play at Celtic? On the left? Or behind the strikers?
post #20 of 125 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2005, 16:05
Rookie

I've heard rumours that he's agreed to sign and will do so on Monday, I've yet to set my heart on it tho as knowing Celtic its never signed sealed and delivered until he has the hoops on.

As far as his position go's there are again rumours that he'll play behind a front 2. I'd be very happy to see this tbh as it's something we've been lacking since Lubo left.

Nakata, never under estimate the pull of Celtic. We are a huge club stuck in a petty and poor League. If Shunsuke thinks that his own fans are fanatical then he's seen nothing yet. He will be the superstar of our team and he will be worshipped much like Larsson and Lubo.

Hail Hail all

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in