LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2005, 15:49 Thread Starter
Star Player

Chen Yongqiang

This is quite shocking:

================================================== ====

Ciona: aggredito il nazionale Chen
vedi foto

(ANSA) - PECHINO, 12 GIU - L'attaccante della nazionale cinese Chen Yongqiang e' stato ricoverato in gravi condizioni per fratture al cranio, dopo un'aggressione.

Chen, 27 anni, e' stato aggredito da un uomo non identificato, armato con un coltello da macellaio, mentre usciva da un ristorante a Shenzhen. L'aggressore, che avrebbe anche minacciato il giocatore con una pistola, e' fuggito. Chen, ferito anche alla schiena e ad un braccio, ha subito un intervento chirurgico durato 5 ore.

================================================== ====

The gist:

Chen Yongqiang has undergone a 5 hour operation after being attacked as he left a restaurant. He has fractured skull and injuries to his back and arm. The man had a knife and maybe threatened him with a gun. The attacker is unidentified.

May I wish him a full and swift recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2005, 02:55
Star Player

It is ridiculous... but all predictable in China. (Everything ridicolous can happen in the mainland indeed.) Reports say Chen Yongqiang is a decent guy and is not likely to cause trouble.. Hope he recovers soon.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2005, 09:08
Premier Player

The thing is why did such a thing happen? Have to agree that everything is possible in China. I don't see anything that happened can be bad enough to lead to such actions.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2005, 15:38
aim
Premier Player

Teams: only Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Helguera
It is ridiculous... but all predictable in China. (Everything ridicolous can happen in the mainland indeed.) Reports say Chen Yongqiang is a decent guy and is not likely to cause trouble.. Hope he recovers soon.
Chinese club football is indeed very corrputed and out of control due to various reasons. :frustrat: For the reason why this specific accident took place, there are many versions: fighting for the parking place? match-fix? gangster? Nobody now knows the truth before the investigation team from police publishes its findings.

The situation of the injured player is reported stable now.

Dont' know what you refer to when talking about "Everything ridicolous can happen in the mainland indeed" I understand this sort fights happen/happened in HongKong as well: just recently wasn't it a famous HK actor was beat up publically? It was reported that he was too afraid to point out the gangster boss behind the whole thing.

Guess you and Jianxing can read Chinese, you two should definitely get more information from mainland Chinese media: http://sports.sina.com.cn or http://sports.tom.com
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2005, 03:59
Star Player

aim , please don't mistake that I see HK superior, which is what I guess in your heart. Things ridiculous happen anytime and anywhere. HK is no exception. But in term of number and seriousness, 'things ridiculous' in the mainland is undeniably worse than in HK. Lately the catching of the HK reporter by the central government and flooding disaster are two major examples. These two incidents are not out of nothing, but out of the bureucratic officiers. They are avoidable and man-made. The caught newsman is reputated to be patriotic and his catch right before 6/4 has evoked huge impact among cultural circles in HK as for his patriotism. That identifies the worse political situation in the mainland. The differences in culture and democracy between HK and the mainland (even precisely in Shanghai and Beijing) is a fact. Especially in democracy and human right HK is certainly better than in the mainland, though that in HK is declining.

Famous HK actor was beat up publically? Sorry to be ignorant that I don't whom you mean. Please indicate. In HK professional football (as in sports), there are at least four gang fights on the pitch, which is the reason I don't take them serious as well. They are ridiculous of course.

There is no reason for HKers to laugh at other Chinese though I in fact see HKers different from others (whether inferior or superior). We criticize because we care. If we don't care, we would not do so. We criticize because we want them to improve in things backward. There are many things better in people and culture in the mainland than in HK which we have to learn and to be criticized to improve. Shame culture (self-criticism), as always repeated, is a main ideology in Asia, which is a way to improve, but not a 'bad thing'... Sorry for my poor language.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2005, 11:44
aim
Premier Player

Firstly, let me make it clear that my contest is ONLY about your generic remarks about "EVERYTHING" in China. It has nothing to do with this so-called suprior or inferior syndrome.

Secondly, since XT is not a political forum, I will try to make some quick comments about democracy from my point of view:

Democracy does NOT grow out nowhere, it comes with the development (economical, education, social) of the whole society. HK hadn't had the direct democratic vote & selection of its govening body until mi/end 90s, rihgt? The democratic process in HK and other Asian countries' experience have proved that it takes time.

Having lived through 6.4 myself, I can assure you that 6.4 was never meant to be a democratic movement as proclaimed by the Western media; and some of the self-claimed student leaders just play this word "democracy" to their own's personal advantage and benefits.

Thirdly, the actor beat-up is 曾志伟. You can google it: http://yule.sohu.com/19/42/article211164219.shtml

The other that comes into my meomory is the publication of the tape of actress Liu Jialing's rape by HK gansters some years ago.

Last edited by aim; June 15th, 2005 at 11:59.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2005, 06:14
Star Player

Teams: Parma Calcio 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
Thirdly, the actor beat-up is 曾志伟. You can google it: http://yule.sohu.com/19/42/article211164219.shtml

The other that comes into my meomory is the publication of the tape of actress Liu Jialing's rape by HK gansters some years ago.
So? I don't think that something like these "only" happen in Hong Kong. What are you trying to indicate? And Carina Lau wasn't even raped. She was kidnapped for some hours, forced to strip and some photos, in which she looked horrified and was half-naked, were taken.

Everything ridiculous can happen in China as well as in other parts of the world.

It seems to me that you refuse to admit that bad things could happen in China, and then keep saying that something bad also happens in Hong Kong and we have no rights to say anything.

Would you please stop being hyper-sensitive to some casual remarks like this? After all, we're really some "foreigners"...

Forza Gialloblý!

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
(Every beginning is difficult)
-- German proverb
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2005, 11:11
aim
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanie
Everything ridiculous can happen in China as well as in other parts of the world.
If you care to read my previous post properly, do you think what you put there is anything different to mines?

I refuse nothing at all but simply point out that not "EVEYTHING" riduclous happens ONLY in China, and, in fact, riduclous things can happen everywhere, hence the examples in HK.

Please read my post carefully before jump to your OWN conclusion. Let me repeat your words: " Would you please stop being hyper-sensitive?"

Thank you very much.

Last edited by aim; June 16th, 2005 at 11:29.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2005, 18:40
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
If you care to read my previous post properly, do you think what you put there is anything different to mines?

I refuse nothing at all but simply point out that not "EVEYTHING" riduclous happens ONLY in China, and, in fact, riduclous things can happen everywhere, hence the examples in HK.

Please read my post carefully before jump to your OWN conclusion. Let me repeat your words: " Would you please stop being hyper-sensitive?"

Thank you very much.
This reply of yours is very interesting! :dielaugh:

Thanks for the "lesson", but I hope you won't copy my words and ideas and claim to be yours next time. And no, what I said is very different from yours. I guess what I have said is simple enough, and therefore, no further explanations is needed.

I guess you want me to shut up... I'll do that.

Forza Gialloblý!

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
-- German proverb
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2005, 08:37
Star Player

Come to here, where some people neutral are:
proud of ya HONG KONG https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=136195
RIP Zhao Ziyang https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151521

Shanie, let's stop here. Sorry to involve you and waste your time.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2005, 18:28
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Helguera
Come to here, where some people neutral are:
proud of ya HONG KONG https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=136195
RIP Zhao Ziyang https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151521

Shanie, let's stop here. Sorry to involve you and waste your time.
Don't worry about that.

I know Bonita and Claudio. But I don't spend as much time as I was on Xtratime these years. I really can't follow these threads so closely like what I did a few years ago. I guess Bonita and Claudio both understand why I'm kind of "absent" in these threads, even we chatted a lot in some other threads about Hong Kong before you were here.

And this person -- I actually feel sorry for him/her. He/She genuinely believed in everything reported in the media! :eekani:

But he/she isn't alone. There are some Mainland Chinese with that kind of strange attitude to us Hongkongers: if we say that we're Chinese, they say that we're foreigners. If we say that we're Hongkongers, they complain that we forget our cultural roots and such. We can never make them happy just because of who we are and where we were born. Let's just forget it and have some discussions better than that one.

Forza Gialloblý!

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
-- German proverb
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2005, 14:52
Rookie

someone even never come to mainland and they think they know everything .

when u say chinese people believed in everything reported in the media, can u say u are definately not influenced by western media ?

when 1985,maybe people thought hongkanger to be rich and special. but it is 2005, things changed.
u should throw your superiority feelings away.

it is impolite to make fun of your compatriot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in