Who's the better footballing country: Malaysia vs Indonesia vs Singapore - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2005, 03:01 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Who's the better footballing country: Malaysia vs Indonesia vs Singapore

What do you think guys?

Spill 'em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2005, 04:00
Rising Star

malaysia have better young talent and saravanan is very underrated... singapore are gonna buy thier way to the top and indonesia really don't have much hope...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2005, 04:13
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal FC
Indonesia have the best talent among them. If you don't believe it, just check the record from 1960 to now. In '70, Indonesia was undisputely one of Asian giants and only beaten by countries like Korea and few others. Not to mention, Indonesia was actually one of first Asian World Cup participant although with different names ('Dutch East Indies' at that time). Our Galatama semi-professional competition is actually one of role-model of the current famous J-League. However, the development started to hit low during '90 due to economic crisis, corruption in Indonesian FA governing body as well as the national league, and the incompetence of our national sport comittee executives. Currently, the development started to grow again however we still don't know when we will be out of the crisis.

Zhuge Liang
Prime Minister of Shu-Han

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2005, 04:45
Star Player

Teams: internazionale
at the moment, i think singapore is the better team. they just won Tiger Cup and beaten indonesia in grand final. they're just good. but when we talking about young talent, i believe indonesia has some great ones. let's say Boaz Salossa, u all know him . i do say indonesia has better young talents coz i dont know singaporean n malaysian

"Great Spirit and the Maker of all Life, a warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun.
Welcome him and let him take his place at the council fire of my people. He is Uncas, my son. Bid them patience and ask death for speed;
for they are all there but one - I, Chingachgook - Last of the Mohicans."
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2005, 14:52
Star Player

Teams: liverpool
indonesia......singapore.....malaysia...

You'll Never Walk Alone :thmbup: we conquered in 70's and 80's disappeared in 90's and we back in this milennium
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2005, 15:10
Mesopotamian
Premier Player

Teams: Iraq & Germany
Thailand
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2005, 03:46
Star Player

Teams: internazionale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussav
Thailand
it's out of question, mussav

"Great Spirit and the Maker of all Life, a warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun.
Welcome him and let him take his place at the council fire of my people. He is Uncas, my son. Bid them patience and ask death for speed;
for they are all there but one - I, Chingachgook - Last of the Mohicans."
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2005, 05:54 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Infrastructure & facility wise, along with government support, I'd rate Malaysia over the other two countries. Sadly, that's the only instance where Malaysia is better than them.

On the pitch, Indonesia is much-much better than both countries, in terms of passion shown on the pitch, in terms of effort shown on the pitch, in terms of technique and skills shown on the pitch. Singapore has less talent per footballing population compared to Malaysia, but they more than make up for it by showing discipline, organization and character on the pitch. Malaysia has the ability to play better on the pitch than both Singapore & Indonesia, but that remains as potential only.

There's no way as a footballing entity Singapore is better than Malaysia. They perform better-yes. They got better results in the last decade-yes. But they are better than Malaysia? Arguably NO.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2005, 03:13
Premier Player

[QUOTE=YeaVerily]singapore are gonna buy thier way to the top QUOTE]

Mate, What do u mean by that?

If u mean recruiting talents from overseas.... France did that with Zidane, Viera et al and got the World Cup...I don't come across any people complaining....
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2005, 10:32
Premier Player

It has to be Indonesia, no two ways about that. However, I believe that the set-up in Singapore has given it the potential to become a footballing power in Asia, if not the world.

Many people say that Singapore cannot become a footballing power because of the small size of the population. They couldn't be more wrong. It is more to do with the mindset of the people. Many Singaporeans' idealogy in life, well, is to study hard (and harder), pass your examinations, get a good job, buy a car, live in a condominium and start a family. Not many people would like to become a professional in sports, believing that the salary is too low, the career span too short, and the implications on health too risky. Just look at countries like Uruguay, Norway, Ireland, Croatia, UAE, Qatar etc. who have just about as big or smaller populations than Singapore, however, these are all respected footballing countries in the world. More people are willing to become a sports professional in these countries, the structure of development is good, and thus many good players can be produced (in no way am I suggesting the materialisation of people) There is no reason why Singapore cannot be as good as these countries.

With salaries becoming more attractive nowadays and better medical & health care provided, Singaporean's mindset has changed, bit by bit. You even hear about RI (Raffles Institution, Singapore's top secondary school?) wanting to play for the national team one day! Singapore, I believe, has a good football youth set-up, with many primary schools and secondary schools becoming scouts for the FAS (Football Association of Singapore). As every Singaporean has to undergo 6 years of compulsory education, and no rural dwellings within the nation, any potential talent can easily be scouted for.

Currently, there are many imported players within the national team itself. Shameful? To a certain extent, but these players that are brought in are contributing a lot to the country. I personally dislike imports, but in the future, the future set of players can learn a lot from these players.

If we can maintain the discipline and organisation that we already have, and add more flair and techinique to our game, I believe that we can qualify for the World Cup finals one day. Goal 2018 here we come , and World Cup Winners 3000 eventually
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:49
Rising Star

It depends what kind of parameters do you use, karma. If you use supporters passionate probably yes, if you use hooliganisme, yes too. Shame, here in Indonesia, hooliganism is still the no.1 issue, you dealing with huge oceans of diehard militant supporters which they're ready to give everything for the club. Thankfully, we didn't lost our chance to be the host of Asian Cup 2007, I thought after the Tiger Cup incidents, Singapore will replace us as the host.

Btw, Zack. Do you ever registered in other forums as "ZackZilla" ?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2005, 03:22
Premier Player

In terms of football quality alone, I would say 1. Indonesia, 2. Malaysia, 3. Singapore. Looking at the way they play, they have good team work and definitely more attractive.. Malaysia is quite ok too, just that not as fast paced as Indonesia.. To me, the Singapore style is pathetic.. Maybe effective.. But I cant stand up-and-under football.. Some people may like it though..
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2005, 06:46
Rookie

For me, 1.Indonesia 2. Malaysia 3. Singapore

Indonesia- have many talented your player and that country alway help a tournament such DJarum League, Copa Dji Sam Soe. They very seriously want to inprove their football.

Malaysia- Malaysia have plenty domestic league too and they have many talented young player BUT when they represent the national team, the spirit in them not so high as well as they shown during a domestic league. What wrong..???

Singapore- Dont know much Singapore team, what i know is, Singapore team had foreign face. That why they quite strong.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2005, 12:14
Premier Player

Teams: S.Korea, Athletic Club Bilbao, Pohang Steelers
As far as I know, my vote goes to Indonesia

We miss Guus Hiddink days... But we need to move on for better future.

Ji-Sung Park

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in