New Asian football King - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 06:29 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Italy NT
New Asian football King

Chu Young Park(South Korea)
only 19 years old(1985 was born)
but already make crazy all korean football fans and they also want he play for South Korea NT

his generation players in asia nobody better than him.
he aleady proved that in 2004 asian youth championship(Score king title,MVP title,also lead team to champion beat china)

Recently he is dominating also 8-nation international youth championship in Qatar.he scored 7 goals 3 games(What a Amazing record :thmbup: ) and lead team to final against Japan

South Korea media said "Since Bum Keun Cha best player in South Korea football history."

and one of South Korea football legend Sun Hong Hwang also said
"He make me shame, he much better than when I was 20 years old."

can well drop back into midfield,great dribbling,kick,passing good body balance(182cm,70kg),especially incredible finishing ability as asian player.

When high school player he was dominated all high school championship in South Korea.
he has 1/2 scoring king title in high school championship.
In 2003 he scored 49 goals 33 games.
same genration player called him "Monster"

his high school coach Byung Joo Byun said "players like Chu Young Park come along once every 100 years in Asia"

he can play as support striker, attacking midfielder, target striker

his play style reminds me of Alessandro Del Piero young mode.
(I know it is quite overrate..but play style quite resemble he is simply rare stylish footballer as asian player)

every asian NT must remember him.

I"m sure after 2~4 years he will play Big league(Italy,Spain,England)

Time will tell that

New Asian football King:Chu Young Park

Last edited by Overclass; January 25th, 2005 at 10:41.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2005, 01:45
Premier Player

Teams: S.Korea, Athletic Club Bilbao, Pohang Steelers
Yep...Damn right, he is the most popular football player in S.Korea, right now. :thmbup:

However, about the NT issue, I still have doubt for him. One is that he hasn't prove anything in adult level. I mean there's no doubt that he is among the best player in his age group, but if he plays in K-league, I'm not sure he can still show that dazzling performances :rollani: Second, Bonfrere don't like players who lack phsyical strength. That's why Korea's so callled 'little Maradona' Sung Kuk Choi is not shown on the pitch regulary. I heard from some people that when Chu Young Park played against England pro teams in 3rd~4th division, he couldn't compete with those European defenders.

Another problem with Chu Young Park is the military service. As you guys know, in Korea, military service is mandatory. Park could simply waive that service by achieving championship like Asian cup, or Olympics. So he still has lot of time. However, unless that military problem is solved, it will be difficult for foreign clubs to sign him. Same thing happend to another legend in 80s, Soon Ho Choi who scored 2goals (I believe) against Italy in youth tournament and got offer from Inter Milan and Juventus. However, he couldn't made it, because of that military thing.

However, there's doubt he got the potential to become the best player in Asia, maybe in the world. One thing I hope is that he doesn't get 'overused' by KFA. He could simply focus on his current level, then he will improve and improve.

We miss Guus Hiddink days... But we need to move on for better future.

Ji-Sung Park
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2005, 18:21 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Italy NT
Another great game by Chu Young Park
Except one big chance miss his play nearly perfect.
Japan destroyed by him.........he has again scoring king title,championship MVP and lead team to Winner
Monster......Crazy player.......
simply out of Asia in his generation !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in