Rising Star

Hong Kong v Brazil

Will HK field a team of HK players?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2005, 17:53
Star Player

Teams: Parma Calcio 1913
... please define "Hong Kong" players. I believe that we'll have a team of those from our Hong Kong national team and perhaps some foreign players who play in our first division.

Just for your information: we do have our national team which is officially called Hong Kong China. It's very different (weaker, slower... ) from that one of People's Republic of China.

Forza Gialloblù!

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
(Every beginning is difficult)
-- German proverb
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2005, 22:00 Thread Starter
Rising Star

I mean will it be a full international game. HK born and bred players.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2005, 07:01
International

Teams: La Nazionale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanie
... please define "Hong Kong" players. I believe that we'll have a team of those from our Hong Kong national team and perhaps some foreign players who play in our first division.

Just for your information: we do have our national team which is officially called Hong Kong China. It's very different (weaker, slower... ) from that one of People's Republic of China.
So the Hong Kong team that will play against Brazil is actually sort like a League All-Stars team?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2005, 17:33
Star Player

... hmm, I haven't heard much about the Hong Kong team which is going to play against the Brazilians. Our FA hasn't said much about the selection of our team so far. If I know anything more in details, I'll keep you people updated, okay?

Forza Gialloblù!

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
-- German proverb
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2005, 19:29
Star Player

HK representation team is of Hongkongers, foreigners in HK for over 7 years with HK IDs and Chinese from the mainland for over 3 years (?). AFAIK this time the HKFA demand a all-HKers HK team against Brazil for them to get more expereince.

The match is at 5pm, 9th of Feb.

Brazil https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151669 Rei

Shanie, are you going to see live? I may not... What about Outdoors and Volante?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 06:52
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Helguera
Shanie, are you going to see live? I may not... What about Outdoors and Volante?
I don't think so. This day is the first day of the Chinese New Year. I have to go visiting my relatives and receiving Lucky Money, which is what I need to do every year. Not to mention that I am not going to join that long queue, sleep on the streets for several days (remember what happened when Real Madrid visited us? ), and pay at least HK$500 for a ticket to see a Brazilian team that might not perform the usual way they are.

Forza Gialloblù!

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
-- German proverb
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 06:32
Star Player

If the minimun is $500, I certainly would not see it. Neither the NT and the players are cup of my tea.

That time when RM visited HK, I queued there too, for a few days... I didn't sleep overnight there as I was in charge in the day shift. One of the days, it was raining that embrassed us alot. If you read the metro newspaper, probably you did see me on the cover. One reporter that night suddenly appeared besides me and caught us. Nonetheless, the experience and seeing my favorite players were enjoyable.

Did you once see Parma and your favorite live?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 15:34
Star Player

Quote:
Did you once see Parma and your favorite live?
Not yet!!! And I regret it. I was once so near to Parma (when compared to the distance between Hong Kong and Italy) but I never travel to Italy. If I could ever choose again, I should have been more generous to myself and have spent some days in Parma. Those footballers I like were still there (Dino Baggio and co.) at that time but now... :depress: In that year (2000) Parma also played an UEFA game with a German team (Werder Bremen). I was living in Munich but it's "too far" (what was I thinking? ) to travel to Bremen (around 7-8 hours on train) to see a midweek game. And the most important is that I didn't know how to get a ticket...

Talking about being on the media, I was once interviewed by TVB as a female football fan. If you remember a documentary about football fans in 1998, I was one of the two girls there. But they put words into my mouth, claiming that I'm one of those girls that is attracted to the beautiful game because of those good-looking footballers. I never said that!!! And they DID NOT report that I'm a fan of Parma!

I only saw 3 Premiership games live in a stadium so far... and I saw Zola in person!

Forza Gialloblù!

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
-- German proverb
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2005, 02:03
Star Player

98?! What program? I can't think of anything about that year. Zola played Parma. German is nearer Italy than HK naturally. You were poor. I will not miss next time. Honestly... I have never been outside HK once... even the mainland and Macau... :depress: Let alone Madrid the city of my team... which is on another half of the earth.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2005, 13:31 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Is it going to be shown live on HK TV? Please put details here (my lady is trying to get it videoed for me via a friend of her boss)
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2005, 04:08
Star Player

9/2 Wed (HK time)
4:30pm-6:30pm on Pearl Chinese channel

Maybe this match will not full. People not interested. The tickets still not sold out yet.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2005, 14:59
Star Player

Blatter, FIFA president, complains about Brazil to HK wasting time and just for money. 'After 02WC, more and more NTs and clubs to Asia for cash...'

:rollani:p
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2005, 20:46 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Anyone keen on doing the video for me?
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2005, 21:17 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Ronaldo fora/out

O Real Madrid anunciou neste domingo que chegou a um acordo com a CBF (Confederação Brasileira de Futebol) para liberar o atacante Ronaldo do amistoso da seleção brasileira contra Hong Kong, na próxima quarta-feira, na Ásia.

Segundo o clube espanhol, o acordo vai evitar que o jogador faça uma segunda viagem longa em um curto período de tempo. Na última semana, Ronaldo foi liberado pelo clube espanhol para viajar ao Brasil e visitar um parente que estava doente.

O outro jogador brasileiro do Real Madrid, o lateral-esquerdo Roberto Carlos, foi liberado para reforçar a seleção comandada por Carlos Alberto Parreira no amistoso contra Hong Kong.

Parreira já foi obrigado a cortar, por contusão, dois jogadores anteriormente: o zagueiro Roque Júnior (Bayer Leverkusen/ALE) e o atacante Adriano (inter de Milão/ITA).

O jogo contra o time asiático faz parte da cota de jogos que a AmBev, parceira comercial da seleção, tem direito por contrato. A CBF não receberá nada pela partida.

A empresa de bebidas receberá cerca de US$ 1 milhão por levar o time para atuar em Hong Kong durante as comemorações do ano novo chinês.

A partida também vai servir de preparação para a campanha brasileira nas eliminatórias sul-americanas para a Copa da Alemanha-2006. O Brasil está em segundo lugar no classificatório, com 20 pontos, dois atrás da Argentina. O próximo jogo do Brasil será contra o Peru, em março
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2005, 15:41
Star Player

Quote:
Blatter, FIFA president, complains about Brazil to HK wasting time and just for money. 'After 02WC, more and more NTs and clubs to Asia for cash...'

:rollani:p
... it's the entertainment for our New Year! It's surely about money. Other than the amount that our FA are going to pay them, I guess they would probably do some commercial promotions here during the visit, perhaps as both individual footballers (e.g. like what Ronaldo had done at 3D-Gold last time?) and the Brazilian national team. Doesn't he see that it's even a way to promote the positive image of Brazil the country itself?

We pay our money and they think they can manage and accept, what is the problem of that?! Perhaps the problem is that we don't and won't pay Mr. Blatter any money?! Or is he jealous of the wealth our city has (okay, we don't have much left since 1997...)?

If he doesn't know anything nice to say about Asia, tell him to shut up!

I'm sorry that I can't help, Rei Volante. I have no video recorder at home now. The old one was broken and thrown away some weeks ago.

A few days ago I heard that Adriano will not come... and it seems that we don't have the chance to see Ronaldo too... I wonder who would buy the tickets now.

Forza Gialloblù!

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
-- German proverb
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2005, 16:20
Star Player

Quote:
98?! What program?
Sorry, I didn't see your question earlier.

It was on TVB Jade. I don't want to type Chinese now (too lazy to switch the data input method! ) so you can see its name in Chinese from my university library page here. It was shown on Tuesday this year. The episode was about football fans and shot during WC98...

The intern who worked at TVB Jade is a girl who I got to know during the Physical Education course at HK Baptist University. And we only knew that both of us are football fans on the last day of this course. She's a big fan of Inter. Anyway, we talked a bit and kept in contact for a while, and I also told her about another girl football fan I know at that time, who is a fan of West Ham United and some "underdogs" and has created a nice homepage about football. Suddenly one day she called and asked this and that... and asked me to introduce her the other girl football fan, since she was working at TVB this summer and need to help in producing a documentary on the topic about football fans. I didn't expect that I would end up featuring in a small part of the documentary because I only wanted to introduce them to each other and finished my "job"... but... well, I don't want to know why I was "made" to present in this documentary.

They got what they wanted anyway. I told them I support Parma and like the Italian national team, but they never mentioned it, and only said that I "could be attracted by some good-looking male footballers" (it's part of the truth but it isn't THAT important, if you understand what I mean). I was very sad during and after the France-Italy game, and had tried my best to speak what I felt about it just one day after they lost, but the whole part was cut. I cheered when I saw Michael Owen's goal against Argentina, and normally I cheer for any beautiful goals unless I hated the footballer who scores, but this part was kept and put at the end of the documentary.

Journalists... I don't understand why some people can believe everything they report. Most of them only present what they want you to see, know and understand.

This personal experience of mine has done good to me though: I rarely believe the rumours or interviews on papers of footballers. Something like "Gilardino fancies to be in the AC Milan shirt", "Frey looks forward to a move to England" blah blah blah... they can say whatever they want, and it's very likely what Gilardino or Frey has never uttered a word about it.

Forza Gialloblù!

Aller Anfang ist schwer.
-- German proverb
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 16:13
Star Player

http://marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,592394,00.html
The match report. 12.000 personas!!! The stadium can accommodate 40.000 AFAIK and they said 15.000 unsold. 13.000 going missing?!

I saw it on TV. The stadium is less than half full. But the atmosphere is much better than expected seeing the emptiness. (Under this expensive ticket pricing, perhaps only English teams and those with Beckham, Owen can full it.) At the end of the day, Brazil can raise the 'mood' with their skills.

Rei, I will try the video somewhere on the net for you.

Emerson and Robinho perhaps "didn't do the least" for the attendence. Carlos' cannon was brilliant. I wanted to see more Baptista btw. Fan Chun Yip, our beloved goalkeeper, tried his best though I could have done better in two of concession. HK team this afternoon just put many midfielders in the center which didn't congest Brazil, but themselves. The forwards should run more to press, instead of 'seeing' when Brazilians playing the ball in their own half.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 16:28
Star Player

Ronaldo's paring with 3-D Gold just sucks as much as it can. It is hardly imaginable. Just unbelievable. It is purely a commercial project and nothing else. I think the tickets are just expensive. I daresay even if Pele came, under this pricing, the stadium would not have fulled.

I understand your points. At the very beginning of liking football, there must be something 'emotionally', 'not-so-sensibly' special to spark the interest as a start to every football fans.

In your story, it seemed like you were 'cheated' by your friend of your good sake. I feel sorry for you. Journalism is a profession of making eyecatching headlines. Mostly, we have to filter scraps out.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2005, 04:58
Star Player

:nervous:

If I were Roberto, everything could be perfect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in