Xtratime Community banner

Paquablue Parrot Saloon

584K views 27K replies 79 participants last post by  colocolo 
#1 ·
I was going to call it Reggie's, in reference to the alternative diner where
George would go when he didn't like the crowd at Monk's, but Skyblue Parrot Saloon has a better ring to it, referring to the colors of Argentina and Lazio. :)

My guitar broke down over the weekend, mere weeks after the warranty expired. My previous guitar (a cheap Start copy) lasted well over fifteen years, but my high-end Ibanez barely lasted only two. The store said it would cost more to fix it than to buy a new one, so that's what I'm going to do now. Not in the same store of course, as I suspect it might be a sales trick.

I don't know yet what I'm going to get as a replacement, but I'm looking at the Epiphone SG and the Peavey Rotor. Both are roughly the same price, with the SG being slightly more expensive.

Epiphone SG:

Peavey Rotor:

I'm leaning more towards the Peavey at the moment, because of the looks. But the Epiphone is getting better reviews in when it comes to reliability.

Maybe I should just get them both. :cap:

See less See more
#3 ·
He'd probably buy every guitar in the store, and then keep the ol' tagger on and never play them.

In this picture he has a guitar that looks just like the Peavey Rotor. You can see it above his right elbow. It's just the top of it though. But I think it's the same one.

#4 ·
buy both, take pictures of yourself with each and let us decide.

what ever happened with the union negotiations?

#5 ·
I'm still working on it. After several meetings I've come up with a proposal that allows for compensation in the form of extra time off. So far two thirds of the union representatives have accepted, which should be enough. But just to be sure I want the remaining party to accept also.

Then I still have to get the board to accept the plan as well. But it's only fair I think. It's give and take. They can't expect people to earn them money and then not give them anything in return. Their main objection was to the union demands that employees should be financially compensated, while the contract stated that overtime didn't need to be paid. But if that's off the table I don't think they'll object to compensating them in extra time off. The overtime is worth quite a bit more in billable hours than in wages, so the company still profits.

Hopefully I'll hear from the other union representative later this week and then I'll write my report to the board, including my recommendation and then hopefully everything will be done before the end of the month. :)

#7 ·
Boyo said:
I'm still working on it. After several meetings I've come up with a proposal that allows for compensation in the form of extra time off. So far two thirds of the union representatives have accepted, which should be enough. But just to be sure I want the remaining party to accept also.

Then I still have to get the board to accept the plan as well. But it's only fair I think. It's give and take. They can't expect people to earn them money and then not give them anything in return. Their main objection was to the union demands that employees should be financially compensated, while the contract stated that overtime didn't need to be paid. But if that's off the table I don't think they'll object to compensating them in extra time off. The overtime is worth quite a bit more in billable hours than in wages, so the company still profits.

Hopefully I'll hear from the other union representative later this week and then I'll write my report to the board, including my recommendation and then hopefully everything will be done before the end of the month. :)
Today the audit department....tomorrow the world.

#9 ·
Cacìni said:
Are you trying to alienate those of us with the fortune of being romanisti? I won't let you, though, I need my fangisms!
The Giallorosso Parrot Saloon just doesn't sound right. :googly:

Can I make it up to you if we have this as a mascot? :)

Attachments

#11 ·
#12 ·
Humbird said:
Does that say "gay rum" ?
The parrot does have a bit of a strange look in his eyes.

#13 ·
Humbird said:
Boyo are you following this case at all?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080113/ap_on_re_eu/netherlands_aruba_missing_teen_4

do you happen to know if Dutch law actually states that it is impossible to prove a murder without a body? Or is this just some decision made by the prosecutors in Aruba?
I've been following the case since the start. Terrible shame how the investigation was handled.

I've heard lawyers say the same thing in interviews, that you can't prove a murder without a body, but I don't know for sure if that's indeed what it says in the law books. I'll see if I can find the actual text.

#14 ·
What happens when there's a Dutch mob hit and the body is buried in concrete under the ****?

#16 ·
Humbird said:
What happens when there's a Dutch mob hit and the body is buried in concrete under the ****?
I looked it up and it seems the law speaks of 'proven murder', but doesn't define what it considers 'proven'. There's quite a lot of jurisprudence on the matter and indeed it's usually considered proven when there's a body. But I think a murder can also be proven if there's a witness who saw the murder take place. If the witness can be deemed credible enough I would imagine it would constitute proof even if the body isn't found.

#17 ·
Fangio said:
take a look at my "lady"...beautiful isn't she?
Looks great! :cool:

#20 ·
Could you and Boyo get together and form a band? The Dutchentinos. You could play alternative electric tango music while wearing wooden shoes and gaucho pants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.