XT Europe 2009/10 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2009, 14:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
XT Europe 2009/10

Can't be bothered re-typing so I'll paste what I said in XTPL forum, but here's how I think next season should go:

Really more of an issue for JA and Romanista is the format of this season's XTCL and XT Cup. It was easy last season as there were 8 teams. This season there are 12, which doesn't really work out. I propose something similar to XTFA Cup where the top 4 got a bye. In this case it'd be the winners of each league, plus the reigning champions. As romanista is reigning champion and a contender for winning Serie A then the runner up in the final would be awarded that place. In this case it is Culed, but he looks also like winning the Fantasy Liga! In that case, it should be awarded to the runner up in Serie A. I propose something similar in XT Cup, with the 5th place being the seeded teams and the winner/runner up/6th place in seeded league being awarded the 4th seeded place. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2009, 22:12
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona
I remember that I talked about it with R10 long ago, when your league was just an idea that started to walk.

I realized about that problem since the beginning. Anyway, you're giving a solution that can be discussed.

I'll give you the idea we had back then. In order to avoid bye's, I proposed a format of 4 groups of 3 teams, all of them with a member of each league. That makes a group stage of 6 weeks, but if we are able to prepare the fixtures in a certain way, so all the teams of a the league X play their games the same weekend, you only need to stop your domestic league for 4 games. This is important for the Spanish league, because we don't want to mix CL and league games, although this is irrelevant for the Italians, since they played their domestic league in those European weekends.

Anyway, then the 4 winners would play a Final Four, that is semifinals and a final. The semis in 1 or 2 games, I don't care, but the final should only be a single game. In conclussion, a team would need 6 or 7 games to be the winner.

It's essential to keep in mind that we can not use many games, since we all have domestic leagues and cups running and, given the transfer system we have, the Spanish can not start the competition until the beginning of October.

I'm not against the bye system, but the problem is to decide who's that "4th team". If we're able to reach an agreement, it'll be perfect.

I just want that all 3 of us (R10, you and I) are able to think in the general interest, not thinking in a total defense of our position.

Then we also have to be consistent with any decision, it won't be my or your or R10's decision, it will be our decision and we'll stick with it unless we all agree that it's necessary to change something.

Last summer, given the differences in the systems that the Italians and us had, we had to change our domestic rules a bit in order to reach a common ground. IMO, the success have been remarkable and, personally, I wouldn't change anything of it and this is why I insisted that it'd be good that you, the English, could adopt a system like the one we use in the XT Europe (there's a thread about it in the forum). Well, if we all accept a change, I'm not against it, but the less we change the better, IMO.

I'll tell R10 to join the conversation.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2009, 19:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AS Roma, Italia, & Ferrari F1
I am not sure what to do in all honesty. I like the idea of giving a 1st round bye to the respective champions of each league and the defending XT CL winner. However, how can we give the XT CL winner a first round bye when there is no guarantee he is in the CL the following year?

I don't like the group stages as it adds even more games to the already big workload. I already have to schedule 26 games in XT Serie A, along with the XT Coppa Italia tournament, and the XT Supercoppa Italiana match. Also, we are moving our start date for the league til later (we used to start on the very first matchday) so we can go longer and into April. I definitely want to avoid any May games as IMO most teams/players don't go as hard with nothing to play for. Coaches are also more likely to start using youngsters in meaningless games. And having 3 teams per group is a bit weird to me...always used to 4 teams.

We should just throwing ideas out there and see what works for us three.

XT Champions League (2): 2009, 2010
XT Serie A Scudetto (7): 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2017, 2018
XT Coppa Italia (5): 2008, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018
XT Supercoppa Italiana (5): 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2017
XT Supercoppa Europa (1): 2010
XT Gala Manager of the Year (2): 2009, 2010

Repeat XT CL Titles - 2009, 2010
3 Consecutive XT Scudetti - 2008, 2009, 2010
11 Straight Victories - 2009

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2009, 21:42
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanista10 View Post
I am not sure what to do in all honesty. I like the idea of giving a 1st round bye to the respective champions of each league and the defending XT CL winner. However, how can we give the XT CL winner a first round bye when there is no guarantee he is in the CL the following year?

I don't like the group stages as it adds even more games to the already big workload. I already have to schedule 26 games in XT Serie A, along with the XT Coppa Italia tournament, and the XT Supercoppa Italiana match. Also, we are moving our start date for the league til later (we used to start on the very first matchday) so we can go longer and into April. I definitely want to avoid any May games as IMO most teams/players don't go as hard with nothing to play for. Coaches are also more likely to start using youngsters in meaningless games. And having 3 teams per group is a bit weird to me...always used to 4 teams.

We should just throwing ideas out there and see what works for us three.
Any solution will always have a problem and I think that we all see them. Starting from this fact, I believe we must find the appropiate solution.

Okay, I'm going to throw a proposal in the line proposed by TGO, but, R10, it would require a change on one of the rules we set last year. The change is to give the former winner the chance to defend his title the next year, independently of his position in the domestic league. It's not a revolutionary idea. Many football competitions do it.

Then the bye goes for the winner of the XTCL and the winners of each league. If the winner of the XTCL is the same who won the domestic league (as it is in your case), then the bye is for the winner of the XTCL, the winners of the other 2 leagues and the 2nd of the league where the winner belong (in this case, it'd be Andrey). The rest would play a previous round.

Then, each of us, domestically, should set the way to solve these exceptions, since we must keep the 4 spots per country. On the other hand, given the level of the competition, I think it'd be strange to have a CL winner that is not even 3rd or 4th in the domestic competition.

As I said, this would require a change in what we agree last summer. I think it's a fair solution.

Then we have the XT Cup. On paper the system should be the same, said all this, as you know, El Primitivo won the competition this year, but he has the right to play the CL next season, so he will play with the elite.

In this case, the byes would be for the top positions of the ones who have the right to play the XT Cup. As you know, in our case, the cup winner plays the CL too, but not in Italy, so you may give this bye to the winner of your cup. Then the problematic "4th bye" would be the next in the list who have the right to play this competition.

The rest will remain exactly the same. Rules, 2 legs during the competition with the away goal rule, the single game for the final...

We can start to discuss from this. Tell me your thoughts now.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2009, 04:27
Forum Manager
Legend

I do not agree with giving the XT CL winner an automatic bid to the next season's competition. I won the XT Champions League this season and if I had finished in 5th place, it is not right that Amiumtaur (the 4th place team) gets "demoted" to the Xtratime Cup.

I don't see myself changing my mind here, I'm sorry. The World Cup and Champions League winners in real life do not receive automatic bids and I feel the same on the subject.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2009, 04:39
Forum Manager
Legend

I think we should definitely give the league champions automatic qualification to the Quarterfinals. Perhaps, the 4th team to get the bye comes from the league that produced the defending XT CL winner? Or the runner-up of each league who has the most points or goal differential gets the 1st round bye?

Just throwing out some ideas.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2009, 23:26
Xtratime Legend

If we're not going to accept that the winner defends his crown, I think that the best solution is to give the 4th bye to the runner-up of the league of the current XTCL winner, in this case, it'd be Andrey.

Since the Cup winners in England and Spain go to the CL, then I propose that the winners of these competitions get the 4th bye (if the winner of the CL were a member of those leagues, of course). If the Cup winner of England and Spain won their leagues too, then the right should go to the 2nd of the league.

In the case of the XT Cup, the byes should go to the Coppa winner in Italy and the first placed in England and Spain among the ones who have the right to play the XT Cup. If the Coppa winner plays the CL, then it'd be the first placed in Italy among the ones who will play the XT Cup. The 4th bye should go to the country of the current winner of the competition (in this case, it'd be the Spanish league).
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2009, 18:40
Xtratime Legend

1 - Teams

The members of XT Serie A, XT La Liga and XTPL will play the European competitions with the teams they have in their own leagues, which will have to be public for everyone to see them.

As the systems we use in our domestic leagues aren’t exactly the same, you will have to keep in mind the following equivalent table:

Italy----->Spain/UK------>Europe

GK--------->GK--------->GK
SB--------->FB--------->SB
CB--------->CB--------->CB
CM--------->MF-------->CM
SM/ACE---->FW-------->AM
FW--------->ST-------->FW

Yet, you must always have on the pitch:
1 GK, 2 CB, 2 CM, 1 AM/FW

The team can be completed according to the following rules:
a) There must always be 1 GK
b) There cannot be more than 2 FWs or more than 4 "attackers". You may use 2 FWs and 2 AMs or 1 FW and 3 AMs in your line-up.
c) There cannot be more than 5 defenders (CB and SB). If you want to play with 5 defenders, you can have 3 CBs and 2 SBs or 2 CBs and 3 SBs.
d) When using 2 CBs, there must be 2 SBs on the pitch. If you play 3 CBs, there must be at least 1 SB on the pitch.

2- Scores:

In each game you can have: points added to your score, points subtracted to your opponent's score and points added to your opponent's score.

a) The points added to your score: 2 points for each player playing at least 60 minutes, just 1 point for the players playing 59 or less minutes, 5 points for each goal, 3 points for each assist.

b) The points subtracted to the score of your opponent: the points for a clean sheet.

GK -------> 5 points subtracted to the opponent
CB -------> 3 points subtracted
SB -------> 3 points subtracted
CM -------> 2 points subtracted

No points for AM and FW

A player has to play at least 60 minutes in order to gain the clean sheet. The goals conceded by his team in the remaining minutes are not counted.

The GK saving a PK subtracts 5 points to the opponent.

c) The points added to the score of your opponent:

- 5 points for the own goal of one of your players
- 1 point every 3 goals conceded by the team of your players. Example: Espanyol lose 3-0 and you have a defender of Espanyol in your team, one point is added to the score of your opponent. This rule will work for GK, CB, SB and CM. AM and FW are again not included in this rule.

e) Total:
20 total points = 1 goal
25 total points = 2
30 total points = 3
35 total points = 4
and so on.

3- Substitutions:

- A player of the same position (midfielder out, midfielder in) enters as a sub according to the order you give in the list (first center midfielder of the list).

- If there is not a player of the same position available then the first available player of your list enters. In any case, if that change is impossible (for example, you can not have 3 FW), then I'll pick the next one of your list and so on until it respects the rule 1.

It's fundamental that you have on the pitch players according to the rule 1. You can have 7 players on the bench. One has to be a goalie.

Competition

XT Champions League

Format:

1 – The tournament will be played using a knock-out system. 12 teams will play it, 4 from Italy, 4 from Spain and 4 from England.

2 – There will be two legs in the previous round, the quarterfinals and the semifinals. The “away goal” rule will apply to decide the winner in case of draw. If the draw persists, the addition of the points on both games will decide the winner (penalties).

There will be 4 bye teams that will not play the previous round. These 4 bye teams will be the winner of each league and a 4th team that belong to the league of the last winner of the competition.

In the case of the XT Serie A the "4th bye" will go to the runner-up of the league. In the case of the XT Liga and the XTPL will be the Cup winners and, if the Cup winners of these leagues also are the winners of their leagues, then it'll be for the runner-up of the league.

3 – Only one game for the final.

4 - The winner of the XT Champions League will assure his presence in the XT European Supercup against the winner of the Xtratime Cup.

The Draw:

1 – There will be a draw to decide the games of the previous round. This draw will have an exception:

In this round, a team of one league will always face a team of a different league.

2 - There will be a new draw to decide the games of the quarter-finals. In this round, there will be two exceptions:

a) The 4 bye teams can not face each other in this round.

b) A team of one league will always face a team of a different league.

3 – The games of the semifinals will be drawn before we draw the quarterfinals. So, for example, we will know that the winner of the QF1 will face the winner of the QF3. The “home” and “away” games will be drawn too.

Xtratime Cup

Format:

1 – The tournament will be played using a knock-out system. 12 teams will play it, 4 from Italy, 4 from Spain and 4 from England.

2 – There will be two legs in the previous round, the quarterfinals and the semifinals. The “away goal” rule will apply to decide the winner in case of draw. If the draw persists, the addition of the points on both games will decide the winner (penalties).

There will be 4 bye teams that will not play the previous round. These 4 bye teams will be the winner of the XT Coppa Italiana and the first spot of the XT Liga and XTPL that gives the right to play this competition in these leagues. The "4th bye" will be for a team of the league of the current winner of the competition.

In the case of the XT Serie A the "4th bye" would go to the 5th of the league and, if the 5th won the XT Coppa Italiana too, then it would also be for the 6th. In the case of the XT Liga and the XTPL, the "4th bye" would be for the team that won the 2nd spot for this competition for each league.

3 – Only one game for the final.

4 - The winner of the XT Cup will assure his presence in the XT European Supercup against the winner of the Xtratime Champions League.

The Draw:

1 – There will be a draw to decide the games of the previous round. This draw will have an exception:

In this round, a team of one league will always face a team of a different league.

2 - There will be a new draw to decide the games of the quarter-finals. In this round, there will be one exception too:

A team of one league will always face a team of a different league.

3 – The games of the semifinals will be drawn before we draw the quarterfinals. So, for example, we will know that the winner of the QF1 will face the winner of the QF3. The “home” and “away” games will be drawn too.

Xtratime European Supercup

Format

There will be a single game between the teams that won the XT Champions League and the XT Cup in the previous edition.

Notes in common for all 3 competitions

1. In case of a draw after 2 legs, the "away goal" rule will apply to decide the winner of the round. If the draw still happens after 2 legs or if there is a draw in a single game (finals), then the "penalties" will decide the game.

2. The "penalties" mean that the one who score more points (not goals) after 2 legs or in the single game will decide the winner. In the case of rounds decided on 2 legs, the "away goal" rule will also apply (for example, X 23-21 Y ~ Y 24-22 X, X wins).

------------------

If I miss something or if you want to discuss further things, please tell me.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2009, 19:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm pretty happy with that. The bye rule is spot on and I think is what I had it down to be as well.

The concern for me is penalties. What if the points are tied too? EG 24-24. Would that too go to away points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Quote:
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2009, 19:14
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I'm pretty happy with that. The bye rule is spot on and I think is what I had it down to be as well.

The concern for me is penalties. What if the points are tied too? EG 24-24. Would that too go to away points?
Do you mean in a final? No, in a single game, if the result is a draw too, then there's no planned solution for it aside a replay or... if you guys can think about something different, I guess it's welcome.

If the total points after 2 legs is a draw too, then the same as before. Nothing planned for it.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2009, 20:32
Forum Manager
Legend

Sounds good to me. Nice job as always K4.

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2009, 22:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koeman4 View Post
Do you mean in a final? No, in a single game, if the result is a draw too, then there's no planned solution for it aside a replay or... if you guys can think about something different, I guess it's welcome.

If the total points after 2 legs is a draw too, then the same as before. Nothing planned for it.
In XTPL We had penalty takers. Basically you ranked your players in the starting eleven and if everything was level it'd go to a "penalty shootout" where the penalty takers are the players listed 1-11. So you'd choose the player you think would score most as first, etc. It then goes head to head between those players in sudden death. For example, the scores are level between Quetz and Iribar. Quetz's first player is on 5 points, and so is Iribar's. Quetz's 2nd player is on 3 but Iribar's is on 4, so Iribar wins on penalties.

Complicated, but solves the problem of replays. Admittedly though people forgot to do this, but it wasn't a problem based on results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Quote:
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2009, 23:22
Xtratime Legend

Good idea. It's always a last solution. I've never seen a total draw, especially after 2 games, but it could happen in a final and it is a solution.

Okay, since we seem to agree with everything. I will close the proposal tomorrow and we can make it public.

Thanks guys.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2009, 13:04
Xtratime Legend

Okay guys, we need to start this. First of all, I think we should set the dates for the competitions.

We need 8 different dates. One for the Supercup, 2 for the previous round, 2 more for the quarter finals, 2 more for the semifinals and one for the final.

Personally, I would like to have the previous round and the quarter finals before January and the final to be in April, like the previous season.

I'll give you a draft of fixtures and you tell me if we should change something, ok?

Supercup - Romanista10 vs El Primitivo - Sept 20

Previous round XT Europe - October 4
Previous round XT Europe - November 9

Quarter final XT Europe - November 29
Quarter final XT Europe - December 20

Semifinals XT Europe - February 21
Semifinals XT Europe - March 21

Final XT Europe - April 4

Things to consider:

As you can see, I tried to avoid the dates after international breaks, because sometimes it's a problem to make your "best" teams, due to the FIFA virus.

I also avoided the month of January because of the African Cup of Nations and some teams may have African players in the squad.

Finally, the last thing I tried to avoid is the first dates of February, because the leagues may use these dates for the winter transfer window after the real one of January and I think it's better to start the semifinals once we have our teams done.

Is this fine for you? If not, please, give options.

We also need to set who is going to make the draws before each competition starts. I propose TGO for the CL and Romanista10 for the Europa League.

Thanks.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2009, 14:51
Forum Manager
Legend

Everything is delayed in XT Serie A and I have yet to make a calendar. Not even 100% sure I will have a complete team on September 20th. I'll keep you posted.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2009, 17:18
Xtratime Legend

Fine.

You're a bit late this time, according to your usual way to do things, isn't it? Did you make big changes?

BTW, new image for the XT Europa League
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2009, 21:38
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Wasnt big changes,but bit delay due to absent players.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2009, 23:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Just letting you know JA, I've read your PM but will have to get back to you tomorrow, only just got back from worth at 11pm, back in early tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Quote:
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2009, 00:09
Xtratime Legend

Calm down... R10 still is working on their league and I'll be on holidays next week. If you need to take your time, do it. No problem.

BTW, I saw your City on Saturday, I was truly interested in them. Congratulations on your victory, I hope the team can look more shiny on the pitch, but you have some good weapons in your team. Exciting season in front of you.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 21:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sorry about no reply in so long, I'm fine with that timetable. XTPL will be ready to begin then. I'll be happy to do the CL draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in