[QF] 16/08/2008 - 12:00 CET : Brasil vs Cameroon - REVENGE - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2008, 15:44 Thread Starter
WFA
Rei Brasileiro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Brasil NT, Palmeiras
[QF] 16/08/2008 - 12:00 CET : Brasil vs Cameroon - Avenged!

Vs

Jogo 25: Brasil x Camarões (7h, de Brasília)
REVENGE!
8 years ago, Brasil had a great squad which included a 20 year old named Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho scored in that QF game which went into extra time, where Cameroon scored the all precious golden gol. Cameroon went on to win the gold in that Olympics, and now Brasil have a chance to make up for the vergonha that occurred in 2000. The winner of this game faces the winner of Argentina and Holland

Where were you when we lost 1-7?

Last edited by WFA; August 17th, 2008 at 19:44.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2008, 16:09
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Teams: TIMAO & Selecao Canarinha
We will beat them.... then we will hopefully get our little child.... and give them another spanking, just like they are so used to getting beaten up every time we meet them.

Pity that it is not in the final, so they would be able to finish in the place that they are so used to finishing in any tournament, and that is the SECOND place:eek :

WE WANT YOU ARGENTINA!! ONE MORE TIME!!! :notlist::notlis t:
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2008, 18:37
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Don't forget Atlanta 1996 too if Brasil meet Nigeria in the final. IMO the 96 team that lost to Nigeria in the semis on golden goal was better than the 2000 team. That team had Dida, Ze Maria, Roberto Carlos, Aldair, Flavio Conceiçao, Juninho Paulista, Rivaldo, Bebeto and Ronaldo in the starting XI for an Olympic tournament :eekani:

The Argies had a good team in 96 too and I'm sure Ze remembers where they finished

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2008, 19:25
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

The 2000 team was one of hte most overated Brazilian team of all time. The Brazilian press in Olympics really overrate the athletes...... some bronze medals are being said : "Bronze with a taste of gold" :thmbdown: Bronze medal has taste of bronze medal and that's it! PERIOD.

Anyway, we have some issues to sort out against Cameroon. In 2000 and 2001 their players were making fun of our players in the dug out, as we were in crisis.... hopefully Dunga will use this to motivate the group.

Good thing is that our team is very very good. Pity i have only seen the highlights, but this game will be worth watching....let's make them run like hell.

Then hopefully we get the Argies... and then the final could be against Nigeria.... but let's first think on CAMEROON..... let's fry them and go to the semis and guarantee almost a medal!! We need medals!! and a gold one willl be better!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2008, 20:14 Thread Starter
WFA
Rei Brasileiro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Beating cameroon, then argentina then nigeria in the final would make this the greatest redemption tournament of all time for Brasil.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2008, 03:02
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

We would be missing Russia from 88 and France from 84.

however, we've never played Argentina in Olympics.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2008, 08:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamFAlmeida View Post
Vs

Jogo 25: Brasil x Camarões (7h, de Brasília)
REVENGE!
8 years ago, Brasil had a great squad which included a 20 year old named Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho scored in that QF game which went into extra time, where Cameroon scored the all precious golden gol. Cameroon went on to win the gold in that Olympics, and now Brasil have a chance to make up for the vergonha that occurred in 2000. The winner of this game faces the winner of Argentina and Holland
wait wait mate,
i think we don`t need to the word of " revenge", don`t we? p
it`s football game!

it should be the start of entertainment of football in this olympics. both sides are nominated to win the gold medal. i look for an exciting game.:hopeful:

the next round will be argentina or holland, wow!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2008, 14:42 Thread Starter
WFA
Rei Brasileiro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Youre right, but I would've gotten alot less attention to this thread, if I hadnt made it this way

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2008, 20:12
Legend

LOL

Ze is quite confident

we will see son. First just beat cameroon...LOL

O INTER O MORTE!!!!!!

Fernando Torres on English defenders "....the truth is most of them lack defensive positioning as a result of their reliance on strength and aggression and leave so much space for you to take advantage of.”

David Trezeguet: Anyway to score in European Cups is easier if compared to Serie A league, since in Champions League clubs give more space to opponents
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2008, 20:31
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

It will be a tough cookie..... but i think we can win it all. But this olympics is gonna be tough
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2008, 21:13
International

Teams: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post

Good thing is that our team is very very good. Pity i have only seen the highlights, but this game will be worth watching....let's make them run like hell.
i watched your team play against Belgium, and watched the other two games later, I do not think they are very very good, you played the weakest two teams in the tournament plus the weakest team among the final 8.
I have to agree that doesn't mean you cannot beat us, our team is not convincing either. But I would say Cameroon is going to give you a hard time, you probably may need more than 2 sent offs this time to beat them.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2008, 21:29
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgenio View Post
Don't forget Atlanta 1996 too if Brasil meet Nigeria in the final. IMO the 96 team that lost to Nigeria in the semis on golden goal was better than the 2000 team. That team had Dida, Ze Maria, Roberto Carlos, Aldair, Flavio Conceiçao, Juninho Paulista, Rivaldo, Bebeto and Ronaldo in the starting XI for an Olympic tournament :eekani:
The 1996 is one of my all time favorite tournaments, Argentina had: Cavallero, Ayala, Almeyda, Zanetti, Chamot, Sensini, Ortega, Crespo, Claudio Lopez, Gustavo Lopez, Gallardo, Simeone ALL of them played in the next two world cups.

and in the Brazilian team it was Ronaldinho not Ronaldo:smileani: though he was bald and paler.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2008, 01:35
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer View Post
and in the Brazilian team it was Ronaldinho not Ronaldo:smileani: though he was bald and paler.
And probably 30 kilos lighter He was known as Ronaldinho cause there was another Ronaldo on the Brasilian team, playing in central defense.

Brasil somehow choked in Atlanta, throwing a 3-1 lead to Nigeria in the semis, with Dida saving a penalty as well, before Kanu took over the show. And speaking of 96, a certain Kurt Angle won an Olympic gold medal in wrestling
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2008, 09:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamFAlmeida View Post
Youre right, but I would've gotten alot less attention to this thread, if I hadnt made it this way
don`t worry, this game deserves to get our attentions.
anyway, you have succeeded in that. p
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2008, 14:22 Thread Starter
WFA
Rei Brasileiro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgenio View Post
And probably 30 kilos lighter He was known as Ronaldinho cause there was another Ronaldo on the Brasilian team, playing in central defense.

Brasil somehow choked in Atlanta, throwing a 3-1 lead to Nigeria in the semis, with Dida saving a penalty as well, before Kanu took over the show. And speaking of 96, a certain Kurt Angle won an Olympic gold medal in wrestling
I cant believe I was living in the US and missed both the 94 WC and the chance to see this 96 olympic team...:thmbdown:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite
anyway, you have succeeded in that.
thats all I wanted

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2008, 19:09 Thread Starter
WFA
Rei Brasileiro
Forum Manager
World Class Player

btw: no one care about the argentina game?

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2008, 08:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer View Post
i watched your team play against Belgium, and watched the other two games later, I do not think they are very very good, you played the weakest two teams in the tournament plus the weakest team among the final 8.
I have to agree that doesn't mean you cannot beat us, our team is not convincing either. But I would say Cameroon is going to give you a hard time, you probably may need more than 2 sent offs this time to beat them.
i agree with ya. so, today brazil will have the real test against cameroon who are a strong team and want to fight for the gold medal too.
i can`t predict any result, a difficult game!

i wonder which game will be live on tv? this one of italy v belgium. :rollani:
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2008, 11:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

HT 0-0

not an excited as i did look at it. both sides worry of the opponent and try not to conceed a goal. brazil did show better after 30 minutes.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2008, 13:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
2-0 Sobis and Marcelo

The first goal was the gk's mistake (shouldn't have come out) but the second was from a very nice combination.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2008, 17:46
International

Congrats Brazil, the 21st century king of ugly football

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in