Xtratime Community banner

Inter, Slovan or Artmedia?

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  pyr 
#1 ·
Hi Slovakian friends! :)
I'll fly to Bratislava next saturday and then I'll go to Prague for a conference meeting the following day. But then I'll come back to the Slovakian capital on thursday and hopefully I will have some few hours for a tour in the nice old town before flying back home to Italy.

But I'm a football fan, I particularly like Eastern Europe (expecially girls, but that's another subject! :D ) and I'd like to spend my last Slovak Crowns for some nice and cheap football-related gadget... i.e. some t-shirt, hat or scarf...

The problem (well, not really) is that in Bratislava there are 3 main football teams: the "new" and strong Artmedia and the 2 glorious Slovan and Inter, not so strong nowadays, but full of great history (and anyway I'm usually not a fan of rich and strong teams).

Do they have an official shop for merchandising? Do you know the addresses? And most of all: now you have to convince me which one of the three to choose! :D

As a St.Pauli fan I'd prefer to like more a team with no extreme-right fans, hooligans and something like that... But since I know almost nothing about Slovak football fans, I'm here asking you.

Let the battle begin! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Trust me, choose either Slovan or Artmedia. Inter is crap. :thumbsup: :howler:

Here is a site of Artmedia merchandise, including jerseys: Artmedia Bratislava

Here is a site for many Slovakian football club badges, including Artmedia, Slovan and Inter: Badges

#3 · (Edited)
Well Inter has gone down hill the last couple of seasons. It is true that they have no fasist fans, or hoolignas, but they have very little fans currently. They are in a huge crissis the last three seasons. If things havent changed too much you could get some of their stuff at their stadium, there used to be a Fan Shop there, but things might have changed.

Then there is Artmedia, the new big boy. You can get their stuff either at their website, their stadium or at a sports shop called Atak. It isn't too far from the city centre.
What I find as their biggest problem is the people who run them. People who care little about football and fans. There is an Ultras group, which is quite calm since it gets no money from the club for coreography and so on.

Slovan is the oldest and biggest club. The support has once again been growing, since we are headed for promotion finaly. But the problem would be that there is a main Hooligan, quite far right group. It is something that gets me quite upset, but i tend to bite through it. But there are many people in the ultras group who arent some far right, and tend to act as a counter weight against the Hooligans.
But Slovan is the bigboy, that shall once again rule Slovakia :)
You should be able to get their shirts at Atak and maybee at the stadium. There is a online shop at www.slovanfutbal.com but it itsn't qutie functional yet.

The main problem in Slovakia, is that merchandising is at a very low level, but you should be able to get some stuff... If you need any help, more questions are welcome.

#6 ·
Well, Artmedia would be the right club for you as you´re St. Pauli fan. These two clubs had a lot in common. But many things around Artmedia are changing now and in the wrong (at least for this case) direction. As you could read the Inter´s reputation in this tread already, the only choice is Slovan then. Although they´re the only Bratislava team with group of hooligans and extreme-right oriented fans. But I recommend Slovan.

The onlx shop that comes to my mind is already mentioned Atak in the city center cos as I know, the fan shop at Slovan´s stadium is not open.

#7 ·
Thank you very much to everybody, I see the Atak shop is in Špitálska street, if I'm not wrong, and it's the same street where my hostel is, so I think I'll take a look there, then I'll let you know my final decision! :D

#8 ·
There is a fan-shop of Slovan at Tehelne Pole Stadium, but it´s opened during the games only. If you want to get some NT-Slovakia items, go to the Polus City Center, ground floor (opposite Orange shop) there you can buy some replicas of NT-jersey (NIKE-blue for 1390 Sk, NIKE white for 690 Sk)

Forget Inter :D

#9 ·
I came back from Bratislava last night... with no gifts :( Unfortunately my friend lost his laptop PC (stolen at Praha station), then the train was late and we lost a lot of time before arriving in Slovakia. My friends and I just liked to take a walk around the old town and had no time to look for the football shops. Going to the airport I passed beside Inter's stadium with the bus, but you don't like Inter very much! :D

In Praha I went to the Viktoria Žižkov little stadium, really a fantastic place and I bought a nice scarf of the team. Czechs seeing me around with that scarf usually smiled at it! :) I had really little time for some "football tourism" this time, too much to work, but Slovakia is not far from Italy and full of cheap flights, so I hope to come back there soon with more time to spend there, with good beer and also with the very interesting Bratislavian girls! :D

#10 ·
It´s a bad luck with this notebook. Something similar hapened to me last year in Italy (Alba Adriatica) where I lost all the data from my hard-disc while my brother-in-law worked with it. He was drunk and probably spilled some wine on keyboard, hd was immediately burned-off.

There is a lot of cheap flights between Milan/Bergamo and Bratislava, f.e. www.skyeurope.com or www.ryanair.com my wife bought return ticket Bratislava - Frankfurt/Hahn for 30 eur in Ryanair.

#11 ·
Yeah, Bratislava is really wel connected with low-cost flights, it's quite curious that both Skyeurope and Ryanair fly from Milan/Bergamo to BTS every day with 1 hour difference! I took Ryanair because of the incredibly cheap ticket I found, 19.90 euros including taxes is really TOO little! I spent more to go to Bergamo with the train+bus and back!
I hope to come back to Bratislava maybe in late summer, with Slovan in first division, hopefully! :)

#13 ·
MarioFrick said:
... so I hope to come back there soon with more time to spend there, with good beer and also with the very interesting Bratislavian girls! :D
Take as many scarfs and jerseys as you want, but don´t stole any of our girls! :frustrat: :nono: Well, we could make a deal about taking my stupid sister away :devil: , but you would have to be blind to agree that :moan:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.