Ironi Kiriat Shmona Israeli Champions 2011/2012! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2012, 23:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Ironi Kiriat Shmona Israeli Champions 2011/2012!

Ironi Kiriat Shmona made history today with the 0-0 draw at home the team from extreme north of Israel has won its first ever league title. With five rounds to go Kiriat Shmona has a 16 point lead which of course wouldn´t make it possible for the Hapoel Tel Aviv to reach the first place.

Merits should go to coach Ran Ben Shimon who managed his team wisely in and out the pitch. Knew how to make average players into important ones, exemples of Elad Gabay Shir Tzedek and Adrain Rochet. Used very well the efficiency of Shimon Abuhaztera in attack and Adi Elisha in midfield. Ben Shimon also showed a lot of scouting skills as he managed to bring in in January David Solari who certainly gave the "something more" to the team. Created a very good atmopshere at the lockeroom and we could observe that the team played as unit.

It is difficult to point out exactly one or other player as highlight exactly because their main quality was their team play.
If they manage to keep the majority of the players and maybe bring in two or three for a longer season Kiriat Shmona could remain at the top of Israeli football and who knows even manage to win the league once again.

Merits aswell for the owner Izi Shiratzki who showed all his love for the club and region, invested in the team without crazy amounts, but enough to help. Gave peace for Ben Shimon and the players to work and this title is only a result of patience and medium term strategy.

And finally would like to say good word for the fans of Kiriat Shmona who were always present and supported the team even in away games. For a city or nearly 25,000 people placing 5,000 people in the stadium means that 20% of the city was present in the game of the season.

The big question for now is if Ran Ben Shimon will remain in charge and then if players like Tzedek, Rochet, Elisha, Abuhatzera and Solari will remain.

For next season Kiriat Shmona will start in the second qualifing phase of the Champions League and it still not clear if the club will be seeded or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2012, 00:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
For next season Kiriat Shmona will start in the second qualifing phase of the Champions League and it still not clear if the club will be seeded or not.
For the 2nd Round, 99% they will be seeded but for the rounds after they will not be seeded
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:49
Premier Player

hopefully they can get to the Europa League at least..

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2012, 06:53
Rising Star

Really hope they somehow resolve things so Ben-Shimon stays. It's hard to imagine a team like this one continuing to play at a high level without a great manager.

But seriously, congratulations to Kiryat Shmona. Incredible season for them, and they acheived the consistency that the big clubs couldn't find this year.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2012, 16:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
For the 2nd Round, 99% they will be seeded but for the rounds after they will not be seeded
Probably, it will be tough for them. Especially because thei stadium is small and they will have to play probably in Haifa which won`t make a "home atmosphere".

Hopefully they could reach at least the playoffs so at least they guarantee a spot at Europa League in case of losing in that stage.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2012, 16:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2k989 View Post
Really hope they somehow resolve things so Ben-Shimon stays. It's hard to imagine a team like this one continuing to play at a high level without a great manager.

But seriously, congratulations to Kiryat Shmona. Incredible season for them, and they acheived the consistency that the big clubs couldn't find this year.
I also hope Ben Shimon continues, but as it looks he will coach one of the big clubs.

Gili Landau apparently has everything set with Izi Shiratzki if Ben Shimon leaves.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2012, 23:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

The expected interest of other clubs at Kiriat Shmona players has obvioulsy little by little becoming public.

Besides coach Ran Ben Shimon whos future is still in doubt, keeper Dani Amos is rumoured to join Celtic. The keeper who received a call to NT against Ukraine holds European passport which would make the deal easier.

Another player that could leave is Elad Gabay who is rumoured to have three Belgian clubs wanting to sign him.

Hopefully Kiriat Shmona could keep at 70% of the squad that won the title, if they wish to to something in Europe.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2012, 18:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Rumours already begin at Kiriat Shmona. While it is still not certain if Ran Ben Shimon will be at helm, the team is supposedly interested in signing Brazilian forward Franklin who plays in Slovenia for Gorica.

Last edited by berko; April 23rd, 2012 at 18:09.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2012, 18:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Kiriat Shmona received a notification today from Uefa that they will have to change sponsor or their club symbol as according to the Uefa rules you can`t have the same sponsor on two different parts of the uniform.

In this case, Kiriat Shmona opted for changing it´s new symbol that will be presented in the following days.

Just to mention that Kiriat Shmona is sponsored by Ituran, company owned by team boss Izi Shiratzki.

If I am not mistaken it also happened to Hapoel Tel Aviv since they had "Keter" on their shirt and logo at the time and they changed it, IMO it is nicer and I am sure that Kiriat Shmona will be nicer as well.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2012, 01:57
Premier Player

Quote:
Kiriat Shmona received a notification today from Uefa that they will have to change sponsor or their club symbol as according to the Uefa rules you can`t have the same sponsor on two different parts of the uniform.

In this case, Kiriat Shmona opted for changing it´s new symbol that will be presented in the following days.

Just to mention that Kiriat Shmona is sponsored by Ituran, company owned by team boss Izi Shiratzki.

If I am not mistaken it also happened to Hapoel Tel Aviv since they had "Keter" on their shirt and logo at the time and they changed it, IMO it is nicer and I am sure that Kiriat Shmona will be nicer as well.
I don't think Kiryat Shmona will have to worry about making the group stages.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2012, 04:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
I don't think Kiryat Shmona will have to worry about making the group stages.
I also don`t think they will advance especially because they are not seeded and possible opponents are the likes of Basel or APOEL Nicosia who both reached the quarterfinals of the Champions League this season.

And also due to coach changing. It is a stupid move IMO to take Ran Ben Shimon. Now Gili Landau will come and start his working philosophy with a team that will keep its base on the former coach they like. This reminds me a bit of that history of Brian Clough coming to substitute Don Revie at Leeds.

Anyways, that rule Uefa mentioned applies even for preliminary rounds.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2012, 01:30
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
Quote:

well i never liked the logo of Kiryat Shmona so this is good news, i hope they use some mountains in the new badge, and about the sponsor, i remember when hapoel played in europe the sponsor used regular western leters while in Israel they used hebrew letters, maybe they will use one of the ituran international logos, after all they will get good advertising and they will want people to understand what does it says on the shirt...

hebrew logo

international logos

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2012, 19:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
well i never liked the logo of Kiryat Shmona so this is good news, i hope they use some mountains in the new badge, and about the sponsor, i remember when hapoel played in europe the sponsor used regular western leters while in Israel they used hebrew letters, maybe they will use one of the ituran international logos, after all they will get good advertising and they will want people to understand what does it says on the shirt...
Probably if Shiratzki has a strategy to spread his brand around the globe than yes it is very interesting to place it in western letters. On the other hand having a hebrew name on the shirt is also a good way to promote Israel.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2012, 23:53
Premier Player

Quote:
Probably if Shiratzki has a strategy to spread his brand around the globe than yes it is very interesting to place it in western letters. On the other hand having a hebrew name on the shirt is also a good way to promote Israel.
with cnn, fox news, bbc, al jazeera, etc etc Israel has more promotion than we can handle, my money goes for western letters and promoting ituran
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2012, 20:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
with cnn, fox news, bbc, al jazeera, etc etc Israel has more promotion than we can handle, my money goes for western letters and promoting ituran
But normally these vehicles you mention promote Israel in a negative manner unfortunately while in this case would be playing football and in a city that was always mentioned by war since it is close to the border at the north.
Well anyways it will good either way, it will be tough for Kiriat Shmona to advance though since they aren`t seeded, but who knows, maybe they function better without pressure.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2012, 15:17
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Congrats to Ironi K. Shmona..
but i dont think they will go far IMO

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2012, 14:41
Premier Player

Kiryat Shmona's new badge, i dont like that they put like 10 footballs all over the place, but overall i like it, much much better than the old one...

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2012, 23:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Without a doubt the new logo is much better than the old. They also have the symbol of Tel Hai in honour of the history of Joseph Trumpeldor..
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 16:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Today Kiriat Shmona held its first training session after the title and new coach Gili Landau began his tough mission to repeat the clubs historic campaign form last season.

Now the big deal will be to analyse the players who will stay and who will leave. Apparently midfielder Njuwu won´t stay.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2012, 16:41
The 12th Player
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Doria, Ajax, Spurs
Gili landau is a joke, i have no idea what did Izi think to himself when he signed him.
anywayz, KS gonna play horrible this year, i can sign on that, if they manage to get to the playoff stage of the CL (which is possible because of the easy teams they can meet) - even if they lose there, they will get to the EL group stage, and that will be great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in