Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Racism hits Benayoun in Malaysia!!!

Chelsea complain over racist abuse towards Benayoun
IN ASSOCIATION WITH
Page last updated at
10:09 GMT, Thursday, 28 July 2011 11:09 UK

E-mail this to a friend

Printable version

Benayoun joined Chelsea from Liverpool in July 2010 Chelsea have complained to the Malaysian FA about what they believe was racist abuse directed at Yossi Benayoun during last week's friendly.

The 31-year-old Israeli was jeered each time he touched the ball in a match against a Malaysian XI on 21 July.

Chelsea said: "We believe Yossi was subjected to anti-semitic abuse by a number of supporters at the game.

"Such behaviour is offensive, totally unacceptable and has no place in football," added a club statement.

Agency reports from the match in Kuala Lumpur said the abuse directed at Benayoun - one of the few Israelis to have played in Malaysia, a country which does not recognise Israel - was anti-semitic.

Continue reading the main story
Having taken time to consider the issue fully, it has become apparent that a formal complaint was necessary

Chelsea statement
Chelsea said they did not complain at the time because they were uncertain about the reason for the abuse, but having reviewed the match have now decided it was racist.

"The club did not make representations at the time as it was initially unclear as to the nature of the abuse Yossi received, as several players from both teams experienced similar treatment, sometimes louder and longer," said Chelsea.

"However, having taken time to consider the issue fully, it has become apparent that a formal complaint was necessary.

"Our stay in Malaysia was, on the whole, a very positive experience for all the team travelling on the pre-season tour.

"It is a shame, therefore, that the behaviour of a minority of supporters is also a memory we take away."

Chelsea have one more match left on their Asian tour - against Aston Villa in Hong Kong on July 30 - before they return to England.

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2011, 16:10
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
Hmmm...

An Israeli in a Muslim country... And the Muslims jeered him... :rollani:
I'm sorry, but is this supposed to surprise anyone?

What can you possibly expect from a predominantly Muslim country? It's like standing next to a wild bull when you're wearing red. He might as well go into a room, full of ticking time-bombs, and just wait for the timers to hit zero...

Look at the bright side: He's still alive!!! lol

I apologize in advance for not being "politically correct" about this, but there are certain realities in this World that we must accept if we are to survive in it...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

On to the football side of this game... Yossi played the first 45 minutes of the game. I saw most of the first half and he had a really good chance to score right before halftime. I remember hearing the commentators say at halftime that Yossi was the only player to really stand out in the first half. Good Job Yossi!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2011, 16:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweed View Post
Hmmm...

An Israeli in a Muslim country... And the Muslims jeered him... :rollani:
I'm sorry, but is this supposed to surprise anyone?

What can you possibly expect from a predominantly Muslim country? It's like standing next to a wild bull when you're wearing red. He might as well go into a room, full of ticking time-bombs, and just wait for the timers to hit zero...

Look at the bright side: He's still alive!!! lol

I apologize in advance for not being "politically correct" about this, but there are certain realities in this World that we must accept if we are to survive in it...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

On to the football side of this game... Yossi played the first 45 minutes of the game. I saw most of the first half and he had a really good chance to score right before halftime. I remember hearing the commentators say at halftime that Yossi was the only player to really stand out in the first half. Good Job Yossi!

Well said Daweed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in