Best Israeli Strikers - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Choose the best 4 Israeli Strikers/Forwards.
Wiyam Amasha (Macc. Haifa) 0 0%
Eliran Atar (Macc. Tel Aviv) 7 77.78%
Chen Azriel (Beitar Jerusalem) 1 11.11%
Eliyaniv Barda (Genk) 5 55.56%
Tal Ben Haim (Macc. Petah Tikva) 1 11.11%
Dudu Biton (Wisla Krakow) 0 0%
Roberto Coluatti (Macc. Tel Aviv) 1 11.11%
Omer Damari (Hap. Tel Aviv) 3 33.33%
Tomer Hemed (Mallorca) 3 33.33%
Barak Itzhaki (Macc. Tel Aviv) 3 33.33%
Ben Sahar (Auxerre) 5 55.56%
Toto Tamuz (Hap. Tel Aviv) 4 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2011, 21:19 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Best Israeli Strikers

Israel has more depth at the striker/forward position than any other. Who are the top 4?

Last edited by daydreamer; July 17th, 2011 at 21:33.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 02:25
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
Israel has more depth at the striker/forward position than any other. Who are the top 4?
Why Isn't Itay Shechter on this list?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 06:58 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
Why Isn't Itay Shechter on this list?
You're right, he should be on. I just forgot. He can be a write-in candidate.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 16:11
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
You're right, he should be on. I just forgot. He can be a write-in candidate.
Ok, as of right now I think the bottom four are our best players at the forward position, although an argument can be made for Damari and Tamuz.

Barda
Shechter
Hemed
Atar
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 19:47
Rising Star

Teams: Israel, Beitar Jerusalem
Ben Sahar of course

Most people seem to agree with Eliran Atar and probably also Shechter being among the best. I hope we soon see the duo(+Sahar) playing in the NT together, it'll be LETHAL.

Last edited by BenSahar; July 18th, 2011 at 19:53.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 19:49
Rising Star

Also how about Arbeitman? He is more proven than some of these
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 21:32
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
for me Itay Shechter
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2011, 22:27
Rising Star

I think Israel has even more depth in midfield though.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2011, 01:19
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Tough vote indeed, and good that we have plenty of options. Sometimes you vote by period and for instance if this vote was made 4 years ago probably Collauti would be included among the best and Atar wasn`t even known by the general public.

Anyways, I had to vote so here comes the explanation.

I voted for Elyaniv Barda, Ben Sahar, Hemed and Atar, plus Shechter who is not on the list.

IMO Barda is the most consistent and reliable player. He is not exceptional as the other candidates, but he is the most balanced one. He has the speed to play in the wing, the creativity and technique of a second top and the finish of a top striker. Plus, he is mentally strong and has regular presentations. We could see this in his dsiplays with the NT, the press doesn`t make a fuss about him, but if we take the stats he always participates in the goals, be it throgh goals itself or in assists or initiating the move.

Itay Shechter is the most complete. He could also play in various positions, but he is simply great in what he does. A quick dribble with great technique and speed. The best striker we have IMO, just needs to be focused during 90 minutes and it is a guarantee of something good to happen. He is a must in our squad.

Ben Sahar, the best finisher. This guy is the best finisher we have. His apparent slow motion moves are actually really quick, his short dribbling in short spaces allied with clinical shots makes of Sahar a great striker. His brilliance is a must in the NT and he only needs confidence, if he is in top form he is lethal.

Tomer Hemed. This guy improved a lot in the last two seasons. Was bench at Haifa, loaned to Nazrath where he received good training by John gregory and when came back to the carmel was crucial to the green title. The striker Israel was lacking, the man to play in between the opponent defenders and tap in the goals. His aerial game is impressive and he also has the technique to come out of the area. Knows how to play the game on his role.

Eliran Atar, the magic man. The one who could produce a brilliance out of no where. The unpredictable player has been key at Maccabi Tel Aviv. His dribbling at high speed scares opponents, his aggresive game towards the goal is exactly what sometimes lacks to the NT and IMO he should be in the squad. HIs string personality and maybe his lack of cocnentration during periods of the game somtimes harms his game, but certainly one of the best strikers we have.

These would be the ones who I would pick today, but we still have Omer damari who will probably have his breakout season with Hapoel Tel Aviv and could develop in an incredible and top class player. He would be another good option for us.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:06
Rising Star

Very good summary All I'd like to add is Ben Sahar's vision and understanding of the game. He knows when to make a run and also when and how to pass a great through ball etc. IMO he is one of those complete strikers together with Shechter.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:24
Xtratime Legend

Shechter

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2011, 14:13
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Great summary Daniel.

I'd say as far as far as ability and potential goes talking in general not counting on current ability it's :

1.Shechter
2.Atar(best potential ability from all Israeli players imo, prolly never to fulfill it to the max tho)
3.Itzhaki
4.Damari

I still give Itzhaki the vote of confidence pre-injury cause he's just an amazing player.

Hemed if i'd talk about current ability surely gets in that list aswell as Barda, and you all know how much I rate Tamuz and Ben Sahar aswell.

But Damari, and i've said it the last 2 years in this forum, is just a Shechter waiting to happen.. next year will be his breakthrough season and his first real chance to proove his worth with quality players around him that can actually supply him properly and he'll proove himself to be that good of a player.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2011, 17:11
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Great summary Daniel.

I'd say as far as far as ability and potential goes talking in general not counting on current ability it's :

1.Shechter
2.Atar(best potential ability from all Israeli players imo, prolly never to fulfill it to the max tho)
3.Itzhaki
4.Damari

I still give Itzhaki the vote of confidence pre-injury cause he's just an amazing player.

Hemed if i'd talk about current ability surely gets in that list aswell as Barda, and you all know how much I rate Tamuz and Ben Sahar aswell.

But Damari, and i've said it the last 2 years in this forum, is just a Shechter waiting to happen.. next year will be his breakthrough season and his first real chance to proove his worth with quality players around him that can actually supply him properly and he'll proove himself to be that good of a player.

I wish you are correct about Itzhaki. I agree that with no injuries and on a good run he is an amazing player, but his injury prone nature really harms his career.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2011, 00:00
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
I went with:

Azriel
Atar
Barda
T. B Haim

I think Ben Haim is someone to focus ur attention at soon. Hopefully he will have a ticket to Europe lining up for him.

Schechter is good, but he seems to be years away from what we came for. Im fearing he will not do consistently good.

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2011, 01:42
Premier Player

Tal Ben Haim?, Avi Luzon's favorite player? lol hes not even done anything in Israel...
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2011, 12:40
ZZZ
Rising Star

He scored the winning goal against Georgia in the Euro qualifiers!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2011, 13:28
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
He scored the winning goal against Georgia in the Euro qualifiers!
Yes thats about the only notable thing he has done...
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2011, 16:32
Forum Manager
Legend

He is a good player, but I wouldn´t rate him among the four best Israeli forwards/strikers and withe the current options we have I wouldn´t select him in the squad.
But of course we analyse from a fan point of view, but of course work rate, personality, character has always an influence.
Take for instance Sebastian "El Loco" Abreu, Uruguay forward. He is far from his prime and good days, but he is a great player to have in the group for his personality, for his teamwork and environment. Oscar Tabarez said he was important as Forlan.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in