Israeli Clubs in Europe 2011/2012 season! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 523 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2011, 13:48 Thread Starter
ZZZ
Rising Star

Israeli Clubs in Europe 2011/2012 season!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Second qualifying round:Maccabi Haifa FC (ISR) v FK Borac Banja Luka (BIH)

EUROPA LEAGUE

Second qualifying round:

Bnei Yehuda(ISR) v Sant Julia(AND)

Maccabi Tel-Aviv(ISR) v Xazar Lankaran(AZB)

Third qualifying round:

Hapoel Tel-Aviv

I think all Israeli clubs got an easy draw, Azerbaijan club might be interesting match, but I think Maccabi is good enough to beat them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 523 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2011, 17:29
Rising Star

I'm glad Haifa were able to avoid Mogren. Montenegrin is improving every year. Haifa are in the toughest region. The unseeded teams in the other regions are mostly made up of semi-pro clubs. But Haifa should not have a problem advancing.

Bnei Yehuda got the easiest draw by far playing an amateur club. I expect them to go on a run like the one they had two years ago when they lost to PSV Endhoven.

Maccabi got a tough match but I think it will be like the one they played against Mogren last year. It will be a good test to see how good Maccabi are. I would expect at least a 3-goal aggregate victory.
post #3 of 523 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2011, 04:12
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
In theory good draws and all clubs should pass. Hopefully we could get as many coefficient points in these initial rounds and Maccabi Tel Aviv should play every match thinking about this because in the future if we qualify for Europe we will have easier success if we are seeded. That is one of the reasons why Beitar Jerusalem has many times failed in Europe as they are rarely seeded.

post #4 of 523 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2011, 19:08
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
M. Haifa should get at least to the Play-off round, even though they lost a few key players. If they lose in the playoff round, they're still in the group stage of the Europa League.

H. Tel-Aviv are seeded, so this will help them with their loss of many key players. I still think they have what it takes to get to the group stage.

M. Tel-Aviv and Bnei Yehuda should definitely advance to the next round, but i think Maccabi is more capable of reaching the group stage.

If we can get 3 out of 4 teams in the group stage, that would be great. In the 06/07 season, Israel achieved 5.0 coefficient points. Those points come off the books at the end of the upcoming season, so Israel needs to match it or do better in this season. If 3 teams reach the group stage, we should be good.
post #5 of 523 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2011, 23:31
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweed View Post
M. Haifa should get at least to the Play-off round, even though they lost a few key players. If they lose in the playoff round, they're still in the group stage of the Europa League.

H. Tel-Aviv are seeded, so this will help them with their loss of many key players. I still think they have what it takes to get to the group stage.

M. Tel-Aviv and Bnei Yehuda should definitely advance to the next round, but i think Maccabi is more capable of reaching the group stage.

If we can get 3 out of 4 teams in the group stage, that would be great. In the 06/07 season, Israel achieved 5.0 coefficient points. Those points come off the books at the end of the upcoming season, so Israel needs to match it or do better in this season. If 3 teams reach the group stage, we should be good.
If Haifa does not make the Champions League it will be a failure even if they play in the Europa League. They are seeded throughout qualification and are better or just as good as any team they get drawn against.

I think Shahar did a poor job in managing the squad for the first time. He expected to get Damari instead of Amasha and he never thought Rafaelov would leave, who Haifa have not found a true replacement for. Haifa were caught unprepared and are hoping that the new players they have will step up.

Hapoel are a skeleton of what they were 2 months ago. Their top players have left, except for Tamuz, and they have very little depth. They will be one of the worst seeded teams in the Europa League. Whoever gets drawn against them will be very lucky.

I do expect Maccabi to make a run but they'll be unseeded after the 2QR so I don't expect them to make the group stage.... same with Bnie Yehuda.
post #6 of 523 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2011, 15:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
If Haifa does not make the Champions League it will be a failure even if they play in the Europa League. They are seeded throughout qualification and are better or just as good as any team they get drawn against.

I think Shahar did a poor job in managing the squad for the first time. He expected to get Damari instead of Amasha and he never thought Rafaelov would leave, who Haifa have not found a true replacement for. Haifa were caught unprepared and are hoping that the new players they have will step up.

Hapoel are a skeleton of what they were 2 months ago. Their top players have left, except for Tamuz, and they have very little depth. They will be one of the worst seeded teams in the Europa League. Whoever gets drawn against them will be very lucky.

I do expect Maccabi to make a run but they'll be unseeded after the 2QR so I don't expect them to make the group stage.... same with Bnie Yehuda.
I have learned something in the last decade in Israeli football: Never count Maccabi Haifa out of the pot. Apparently the team looks weak, but I am sure they will be a stronger team next season. Maybe exactly by the reason that main talents left and therefore they won´t be so dependent on two or three players. Elisha likes to field hard working teams and discrete players, this is what might happen.

Don´t forget that the departure of Refaelov and Hemed will open space two other talents: Golasa and Vered. They still haven´t made the breakout season that many are expecting, but they are still young and have their big opportunity right now while Maccabi Haifa has a big chance to play in the Champions League.

Maybe this is one of the reasons that Yaakov Shachar hasn´t made any investments yet. But there is still time to do so and summer is only beginning.
post #7 of 523 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 17:39 Thread Starter
ZZZ
Rising Star

Sant Julia 0-1 Bnei Yehuda Pini Balili!
post #8 of 523 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 17:58
Rising Star

Teams: ISRAEL NT & Maccabi Haifa & Beitar Jerusalem!
Live streaming for Bnei Yehuda?

P.s I made a thread for Bnei Yehuda cause I didnt know about this thread.

Israel #1
post #9 of 523 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 18:08 Thread Starter
ZZZ
Rising Star

I don't think there is a stream for this match.
post #10 of 523 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 18:11 Thread Starter
ZZZ
Rising Star

Also uefa released the groups for the 2rd qualifying round of europa league.

Group 2:
Seeded
AZ Alkmaar (NED), FK Rudar Pljevlja (MNE)/FK Austria Wien (AUT), Bursaspor (TUR), FK Željezničar (BIH)/FC Sheriff (MDA), FK Sūduva (LTU)/IF Elfsborg (SWE)

Unseeded
Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR)/Xäzär Länkäran FK (AZE), KS Flamurtari (ALB)/FK Jablonec (CZE), Ferencvárosi TC (HUN)/Aalesunds FK (NOR), NK Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN)/Bohemian FC (IRL), FC Gomel (BLR)

Group 3:
Seeded
Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR), Stade Rennais FC (FRA), PFC Levski Sofia (BUL), Vitória SC (POR), FC Minsk (BLR)/Gaziantepspor (TUR)

Unseeded
The New Saints FC (WAL)/FC Midtjylland (DEN), Legia Warszawa (POL), FC Vaduz (LIE)/FK Vojvodina (SRB), KF Tirana (ALB)/FC Spartak Trnava (SVK), FC Metalurgi Rustavi (GEO)/FC Irtysh Pavlodar (KAZ)

Group 5:
Seeded
Club Brugge KV (BEL), SK Liepājas Metalurgs (LVA)/FC Salzburg (AUT), 1. FSV Mainz 05 (GER), Helsingborgs IF (SWE), FK Rad (SRB)/Olympiacos Volou FC (GRE)

Unseeded
UE Sant Juliŕ (AND)/Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv FC (ISR), KuPS Kuopio (FIN)/CS Gaz Metan Mediaş (ROU), EB/Streymur (FRO)/FK Qarabağ (AZE), FC Differdange 03 (LUX)/FC Levadia Tallinn (EST), FK Senica (SVK)
post #11 of 523 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 18:50 Thread Starter
ZZZ
Rising Star

0-2 Bnei Yehuda.
post #12 of 523 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 21:21
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
0-2 Bnei Yehuda.
Somewhat of a disappointing win but they take two away goals back to Israel. They will need to improve a lot if they want to make it pass the 3QR.
post #13 of 523 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 22:39
Rising Star

Teams: Israel, Beitar Jerusalem
I hope all our teams still give 100% next match cause just by winning all these 2QR matches this gives us 1.5 coeffecient points which is halfway to decent already.

Last edited by BenSahar; July 15th, 2011 at 14:17.
post #14 of 523 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2011, 08:50 Thread Starter
ZZZ
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
Somewhat of a disappointing win but they take two away goals back to Israel. They will need to improve a lot if they want to make it pass the 3QR.
It's not like Bnei Yehuda is going to go all out on Sant Julia, good result, but somehow they managed to get 3 yellow cards.

Anyway the draw for the 3rd round is today, I'd like Maccabi to avoid getting AZ Alkmaar and Bursapor, but all the other teams in the seeded teams look beatable.

Hapoel don't have any strong opponents.

Bnei Yehuda got some tough teams, if they get Mainz they are out 100%, also wouldn't like to get Club Brugge, Salzburg is tough, but Israel teams have very good record against Austrian teams lately, the other 2 would be more of a match for Bnei Yehuda.
post #15 of 523 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2011, 13:22
Forum Manager
Legend

Draw has been made:

Hapoel Tel Aviv will play against Vaduz or Vojvodina. The Serbs won the first game 2-0 and will most likely be the opponents.

If Maccabi Tel Aviv goes through they will face Sheriff Tiraspol from Moldova or Zeljeznicar from Bosnia. The latter won the first game at home 1-0.

Bnei Yehuda will face Helsinborg from Sweden.
post #16 of 523 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2011, 13:28 Thread Starter
ZZZ
Rising Star

I think we can all agree that all Israeli teams got lucky in this draw, Maccabi Haifa drew Maribor btw.
post #17 of 523 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2011, 13:38
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Draw has been made:

Hapoel Tel Aviv will play against Vaduz or Vojvodina. The Serbs won the first game 2-0 and will most likely be the opponents.

If Maccabi Tel Aviv goes through they will face Sheriff Tiraspol from Moldova or Zeljeznicar from Bosnia. The latter won the first game at home 1-0.

Bnei Yehuda will face Helsinborg from Sweden.
Best possible draws for all the teams except for Hapoel.

Haifa will be playing Maribor or Dudelange. Slovenian teams are usually pretty decent so I wouldn't underestimate them, Haifa is obviously clear favourite though.

Overall I expect Haifa, Maccabi & Hapoel to pass while Bnei Yehuda vs Helsingborg can go any way. Helsingborg is the best team in Sweden right now so it'll be a tough match. Hopefully their star player Alexander Gerndt will have left by then, it'll make it a whole lot easier.

Last edited by BenSahar; July 15th, 2011 at 13:58.
post #18 of 523 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2011, 14:01
Rising Star

Draw Results

Champions League 3QR
Maccabi Haifa -Maribor/Dudelange

Europa League 3QR
Hapoel Tel Aviv - Vaduz/Vojvodina
Zeljeznic/FC Sheriff - Maccabi Tel Aviv
Bnei Yehuda - Helsingborg

I don't remember if Israeli clubs have ever received a draw this good, especially considering who they could have played. Hapoel received the a tough opponent but still beatable. Assuming that they pass to the 3QR, I would make all the Israeli clubs favorite in the next round.... and yes, that includes Bnei Yehuda.

Last edited by daydreamer; July 15th, 2011 at 14:13.
post #19 of 523 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2011, 14:51
Rising Star

The Helsingborg fans are not happy with the draw at all
post #20 of 523 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2011, 16:24
Rookie

Hi,

I don't know how much you know about serbian football and vojvodina for example, but I can tell you that vojvodina is hardest pick for hapoel
last season they were great in serbia, 2 times beat partizan, both home and away, thay have good defence, and fast players in front
the sguad is prety much the same, they sold GK brkic to udinese, and left winger katai to olympiacos,but all main players are still here

trajkovic and mojsov are great central backs, and both full backs are very good
abu in attack iz always a threat, ilic and stevanovic on wings, and merebasvili, mitosevic and medojevic in midfiled..

hapoel beat vojvodina back in 2008, but this team is another galaxy
a think that it's going to be a good tie, hapoel have advantage in expirence, but the strenght od the players are equal
vojvodina is a far better team then what many people think

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in