Game of the season: Hapoel Tel Aviv Vs Maccabi Haifa - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: What will be the result of the game of the season?
Hapoel Tel Aviv 1 33.33%
Draw 0 0%
Maccabi Haifa 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2011, 16:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Game of the season: Hapoel Tel Aviv Vs Maccabi Haifa

A lot expectations regarding the game of the season that will be held at Bloomfield next Sunday.

The reds come from a comfortable 3-0 victory on road at Vessermil against Hapoel Beer Sheva, while Maccabi Haifa made their homework with a 2-0 win over Hapoel Petah Tikva.

The greens lead by 2 points in the standings only six rounds away from the playoffs and this encounter could be decisive in the title run which apparently will be once again disputed by both teams as Maccabi Tel Aviv are not being able to keep up the pace.

What do you guys expect from this game? What will be the result of the game of the season?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2011, 19:22
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Huge game, but not game of the season - that will be the one in the playoffs.

I wanna say a tie, but I will have faith in ma man Elisha, 2-1 Haifa... Vered and Golasa to score.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2011, 15:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Huge game, but not game of the season - that will be the one in the playoffs.

I wanna say a tie, but I will have faith in ma man Elisha, 2-1 Haifa... Vered and Golasa to score.
To be honest I have a feeling Hapoel will win this one. Haifa shouldn´t be underestimated of course, they aren´t leaders for nothing, but from the displays and from what we have been seing (at least IMO) Hapoel have the edge.

Anything could happen in this game. We could see on the speech that Elisha Levy says that this game own´t decide the title (and it won´t) it seems Haifa are fearing to come to Bloomfield.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2011, 23:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Do you guys expect any suprises in the lineups? We will probably see a more tight game and possible quite defensive, especially from Haifa.

I would risk to say that, Hapoel will field Bondar at the right side of defense, since he has better defensive attributes than Omri Canada, to stop the main attacks of Maccabi Haifa that cause most threat through that sector with Mesilela (when he wasn`t injured), Refaelov and Golasa always having a tendency to fall to that area.

Other than that, Hapoel will field up its two defensive midfielders, Yadin and abutbul giving freedom to Zahavi and Vermut to attack more serving Sahar and Tamuz. Pratically the same lineup of the last weeks. Even though I wouldn`t be surprised if Toama comes in instead of either Tamuz or Sahar to reinforce midfield and also because of set pieces.

At Haifa with the absence of the injured Dvalishvili, Hemed will be the striker upfront, Katan behind him, Refaelov on the left, most likely Vered on the right with Golasa and Boccoli fighting for spot in midfield to pair up with John Culma.

Should be a very interesting game and Maccabi Tel Aviv should do its part beating Hapoel Ashkelon since at least one of them will drop points. For us the best result is a draw.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2011, 00:58
Premier Player

Imo Katan will start if he is fit, but as Eyal Berkovic said recently, he slows the team down...Golasa could also play central midfield...my opinion 1-0 Haifa, Hemed scores the winner...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2011, 12:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
Imo Katan will start if he is fit, but as Eyal Berkovic said recently, he slows the team down...Golasa could also play central midfield...my opinion 1-0 Haifa, Hemed scores the winner...
Katan is far from his prime. Last season he was important for the team deciding games with goals and especially his assits. This season, his leadership is being important to keep the team cool during the games, but in terms of playing, he is not up to be in the starting lineup. It would be better to see Golasa play in that role behind the striker, he has so much talent and vision that certainly would be better used. Golasa has been playing outside his natural position due to Katan´s presence.

Last season in the league and especially in those games in the Champions League against Aktobe and Salzburg, Golasa played as a starter and more advanced position, where IMO he is more useful. It is pretty much like Medunjanin at Maccabi (I am not comparing styles, they are different, but they play in the same position IMO) when playing as a central midfielder he is far from prodcuing what he really knows.

As for Berkovic´s comments, he is a big fan of Golasa. Always when Maccabi Haifa plays and he is the TV commentator, he says Golasa is a great player and should lead the team etc....if Berko was the NT coach he would certainly call up him and make him an important squad player, the same way Fernandez trusts in Refaelov.

The guys here are really putting faith in Haifa, hopefully they win as well, but Hapoel are stronger currently and playing at Bloomfield could make all the difference. Hapoel are in a better moment, but if this game won´t decide the title it will certainly be a morale victory and a very boosting one.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old February 27th, 2011, 21:26
Premier Player

Well, looks like I was completely wrong about the result , but this game has definitely put Elisha Levy on the chopping block, Ya'akov Shahar will not accept a 4-1 loss, he could be gone after the end of the season...the difference for me was that Hapoel was confident in the final third, while Haifa had an equal amount of possession they looked nervous and indecisive in the final third, and constantly lost possesion..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old February 27th, 2011, 21:34
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
A bit misleading result as I think Haifa were in the game for the most part - but a fully deserved win for Hapoel without a doubt.

Sahar-Tamuz is just a deadly deadly duo.. Elisha fvcked up when he insisted on Katan and took Idan Vered out of the game.. Golasa was amazing in the first half but cooled down after the 2nd and 3rd goal of Hapoel.

Overall a real statment by Hapoel, but the importent games are yet to come.. with the Kizuz both teams have the same number of points right now.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2011, 16:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Haifa crumbled mentally after Hapoel´s second goal. From there on Hapoel dominated the match and deserved to win. Golasa mentioned a key word in post: confidence. The Hapoel team is very confident and that maybe was the difference yesterday. Haifa reached several opportunities as well, but just as in previous games, the team looks sometimes dull.
Nothing is lost yet for Haifa and we all know the kizuz is coming, but Hapoel showed in this game they are a pace ahead of Maccabi Haifa and unfortunately two ahead of us.

Don´t know what Zahavi is doing in Israel. He is a rare player for our standards, really intelligent player and good touch on the ball. (we all knew this already, but it seems he is developing more and more). What a freekick he scored.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in