Who will come back to Israel? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2011, 05:04 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Who will come back to Israel?

Many Israeli players dream of making it big in a European league, however we have seen many of our exports struggle to find a place at the bigger clubs. Which players do you think will stay and which will come home?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2011, 14:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
Many Israeli players dream of making it big in a European league, however we have seen many of our exports struggle to find a place at the bigger clubs. Which players do you think will stay and which will come home?
If you asked this some two or three weeks ago I would have said Shimon Abu Haztzira and I would have bene correct He wasn`t playing too much in Greece and many Israeli clubs were needing to strengthen their offensive part. It would be a good deal since he wants to play and for the club that signed him (Kiriat Shmona he won`t count as a foreigner).

Zeev Haimovich should return to Israel, he would play as a starter in a midtable team and probably be a bench of a big club.

Regarding the players who could leave, after I heard Ben Basat could leave to Belgium I think anything is possible.

Buzaglo could leave in the summer, the same goes for Shechter (after the injury not sure the status though). Vermut will stay IMO.

Zahavi is a hot candidate to leave, no one speaks much about him, but he is vital for Hapoel, I really like him. It was the same with Natkho and when the latter left, Hapoel missed him a lot.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2011, 19:18 Thread Starter
Premier Player

None of the Israelis at Charleroi played the last game, which Charleroi won. I could see them all coming back. If Nes Zamir and Nir Mansour don't make first team appearances at their clubs, I could see them coming back as well. Gil Blumenstein isn't getting any time in Scotland. Eli Zivov is unattached. Tamir Cohen should come back as well...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2011, 23:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
None of the Israelis at Charleroi played the last game, which Charleroi won. I could see them all coming back. If Nes Zamir and Nir Mansour don't make first team appearances at their clubs, I could see them coming back as well. Gil Blumenstein isn't getting any time in Scotland. Eli Zivov is unattached. Tamir Cohen should come back as well...
Actually this weekend they all played and Dudu Biton scored one of the goals of Charleroi in their 2-0 victory over Zulte Waregem. Rami Guershon is well established at Kortrijk and should be a constant name from now on in the senior NT squad.

Regarding the other players you mentioned, I agree about Blumenstein, Mansour and Zamir. Blumenstein even came back to Beer Sheva, but already left for Scotland, while the other two are similar stories to Ben Sahar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in